Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray did not celebrate Palace equiliser

D

Deleted member 2719

Fair play to Glen Murray, it would have been all to easy to give it the big 'un to the Brighton fans after the abuse he has been given. Lets forget him now.....he is an EX Albion player not one we should be wishing still played for us. He is history but i now do not despise him!

Your easily pleased Gullsworth.

All he did was not celebrate because he didn't want to be looking over his shoulder all the time. He is still scum at the end of the day.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I give Murray massive respect for not celebrating espescially after the abuse we gave him. Thought he had a mediocre game until the last 15 minutes, fair play to him for showing US respect

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
So, he's gone from Super Glenn Murray to Despicable Judas Scum, and now restored to sainthood?

For me, he was always a class act who did a fantastic job for the Albion - and did no wrong whatsoever, as a Cumbrian lad seeking better rewards in his chosen profession at the end of his contract.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Fair play to the guy for not celebrating. Glenn, you may well be more of a gent than we've given you credit for.

This, if he'd jumped up and down we'd have slagged him off, because he didn't he's a bottler FFS!

Well done Mr Murray, I, for one, didn't give you the credit you deserved, thank you for showing the respect you did. (Still a tw@t for scoring though :))

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

All he did was not celebrate because he didn't want to be looking over his shoulder all the time. He is still scum at the end of the day.

Your type is SCUM 24/7. Now that two league teams have knocked 3 goals past Albion at your new home, expect no favours. Look what happened to Southampton when the moved to St. Mary's.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Looking over his shoulder? At whom precisely, internet hardmen such as you?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Fair play to the guy for not celebrating. Glenn, you may well be more of a gent than we've given you credit for.

You must understand that players, managers, coaches have very little respect for fans, they enjoy the adulation for sure, but all professional players collectively accept in their minds we are all clueless.

Some of the comments on this board since the Palace result shows why they view us with such disdain.

Murray knew that Poyet didnt fancy him and quite frankly couldnt care less whether we the fans didnt want him to go to Palace, he as all players, rightly was looking after his own career/bank balance.

I actually find the 'non celebration' a little odd, it was a bit like the 'kissing badge' syndrome so many players now enjoy.

Its a piss take really and you my friend have swallowed it hook line and sinker .....

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
He didn't celebrate the goal but at the end of the game as he was walking towards the palace fans, he was laughing at the west stand, clapping at us, really taking the piss. Anyone that stayed to the end would of seen this.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He didn't celebrate the goal but at the end of the game as he was walking towards the palace fans, he was laughing at the west stand, clapping at us, really taking the piss. Anyone that stayed to the end would of seen this.

I was there at the end, some people in the west stand were clapping him, and he clapped them back.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Bottle job

Or his third

'Bottle job' my arse. I was too busy burying my head in my hands to notice his reaction to the equaliser but I did notice he didn't celebrate after HIS goal.

Respect to Glenn Murray for that.

After the absolute Dogs abuse he was getting all game, I wouldn't have blamed him for having an Adebayor moment and giving two thirds of the ground the finger.

Fair play to him.

EagleDave

May 17, 2011
I saw and spoke to Murray after the match whilst waiting by the Palace team coach and he did show a lot of respect the whole evening. He was the last player out as he was obviously talking to a lot of people who he knew from his time with you and wasnt travelling back on the coach as you all know because he still lives local.
When he did finally come out a good number of Brighton fans did shake his hand and he was kind enough to stop and have his picture taken with me.

Although he didnt celebrate on the pitch, deep down he absolutely loved it as any player would.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I saw and spoke to Murray after the match whilst waiting by the Palace team coach and he did show a lot of respect the whole evening. He was the last player out as he was obviously talking to a lot of people who he knew from his time with you and wasnt travelling back on the coach as you all know because he still lives local.
When he did finally come out a good number of Brighton fans did shake his hand and he was kind enough to stop and have his picture taken with me.

Although he didnt celebrate on the pitch, deep down he absolutely loved it as any player would.

Have felt since he left that he has had a lot of abuse he didn't deserve, fair play to him for showing such restraint.

D

Deleted member 2719

Looking over his shoulder? At whom precisely, internet hardmen such as you?

I think you miss read me there, i am saying that some people might just want to knock his block off if he lorded up after scoring a goal against us.

Ps. i am not the internet geek with nearly 20000 post of "i am right because i am a teacher".

pot kettle black.

hp1991

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
funny how people respect him now...I agree with others, much better than Barnes, Murray and CMS would have been quality together

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

I knew there must be a reason why he still lives down here.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Outstanding player for us, always liked his classy, languid style. V.pleased he showed restraint. Compare and contrast Dean Hammond...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here