Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray did not celebrate Palace equiliser

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yep, gained a lot of respect for him from last night. He was in the position, after the abuse we gave him, to give it large, yet he refrained and didn't even celebrate.

Have to say that I thought he got off quite lightly on the abuse front.

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Respected him as a player before the game, respect him as a player and a gentleman after the game. So far Gus's only mistake letting him go.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Written to Brian Owen at the Argus following his article on Murray:

Dear Brian

I read your article with interest, but found it uncharacteristically unconvincing.

I respect Glen Murray for what he contributed to Albion (particularly last season) and I never joined either the vitriolic internet abuse which greeted his defection to Palace, nor the barracking he was given during the match. I think such behaviour is abhorrent and unproductive - but that is for another post.

The idea that his low key reaction after scoring against his old club was somehow virtuous is, in my opinion nonsense. Here is a player who lives in Brighton, is extremely well paid by his club - and performs well in the face of extreme aggravation. He is no fool for sure, realises that he has done his job well - and given the choice of making a sudden foolish gesture of delight (leading no doubt to further retribution around the streets of his home town) or keeping it all subdued, to the approbration of home fans (and journalists like yourself) - he decided, no doubt long before the match, that he would opt for self preservation and the possibility of some positive comment from potential critics.

This is not sour grapes. Palace deserved to win, and Murray deserved his goal. But don't give the man the moral high ground for doing his job well and being diplomatic about it!

Best wishes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here