Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray did not celebrate Palace equiliser

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Classy stuff from Glenn and he deserves a lot of credit for his performance and the way he conducted himself.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yep, gained a lot of respect for him from last night. He was in the position, after the abuse we gave him, to give it large, yet he refrained and didn't even celebrate.

Yep I agree. Although I think the fact he lives just off Preston Road may have little something to do with it.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Fair play to Murray. He definitely went up a notch in my estimation with his conduct last night. Let's not get too pessimistic however, we are still 5th and have only lost 1 league match! Bring on the Tractor.

D

Deleted User X18H

Fair play to Murray. He definitely went up a notch in my estimation with his conduct last night. Let's not get too pessimistic however, we are still 5th and have only lost 1 league match! Bring on the Tractor.

2!!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Class act for not celebrating. Last night was a reminder of what he was like for us in as much as he looks lazy at times but always a goal threat.

Him and CMS would have been a great pairing.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Yep, gained a lot of respect for him from last night. He was in the position, after the abuse we gave him, to give it large, yet he refrained and didn't even celebrate.

Agreed. Gave him loads of stick for 89 minutes of the game. Still don't think he would have been happy here if he'd stayed though. I take it the coach dropped him back off home last night on the way through! :lolol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Fair play to Glen Murray, it would have been all to easy to give it the big 'un to the Brighton fans after the abuse he has been given. Lets forget him now.....he is an EX Albion player not one we should be wishing still played for us. He is history but i now do not despise him!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Yep I agree. Although I think the fact he lives just off Preston Road may have little something to do with it.

Yes he lives in Brighton. I believe one of his neighbours is a NSCer. So wouldnt have been the brightest things to rub our noses in it!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
should of kept him as stated above much better than barnes

No chance, Goals scored says it all. 1 goal last night when our team and fans had given up doesn't make him better than Barnes.

But yes gained alot of respect for him last night.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
No chance, Goals scored says it all. 1 goal last night when our team and fans had given up doesn't make him better than Barnes.

But yes gained alot of respect for him last night.

No disrespect to Barnes but Murray is ten times the player, however I think Barnes needs to play upfront not as a right sided mid fielder as he was last night!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
No disrespect to Barnes but Murray is ten times the player, however I think Barnes needs to play upfront not as a right sided mid fielder as he was last night!

I agree he may be 10x the player but Barnes is like Gary Lineker he just pops up and scores goal which ultimately is his job. 4th top scorer in the league.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I agree he may be 10x the player but Barnes is like Gary Lineker he just pops up and scores goal which ultimately is his job. 4th top scorer in the league.

Does he like Walkers crisps then? Not having a go at Barnes but can't see the point in playing him if he is not part of a front 2, not really in the Lineker class though is he. Still young though and a much better player then last year.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Does he like Walkers crisps then? Not having a go at Barnes but can't see the point in playing him if he is not part of a front 2, not really in the Lineker class though is he. Still young though and a much better player then last year.

He may do perhaps that could be a question in the programme???

I agree he should be part of the front two but Gus hasn't got much wrong so far so I'll let him decide, I didn't say he was as good as Lineker just the same type as in he just pops up and scores goals.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Fair play to the guy for not celebrating. Glenn, you may well be more of a gent than we've given you credit for.

Exactly. I always rated him so maybe we have underestimated him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here