Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr McGleish...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Scott McGleish WAS a wanker chant went down well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Won't go so far as to wish injury on anyone, even Scott McGleish, but I'm sure he'll be fine, and the incident as a whole was far more entertaining than anything that happened in a football context all game.

I reckon he was too proud to go off on a stretcher in front of us- alternatively had he limped straight off towards the dressing room from where he was injured, he wouldn't have had any Albion fans within fifty yards at any point. But McGleish being McGleish insisted on running the gauntlet of the South Stand, twice, it was proper panto stuff.

Highlight of the day for me. Football needs villains as much as it does heroes, and he never lets us down does he?

:lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm still confused. Was it actually him or was it griffiths

Think Griffiths was doing the old gun thing, but I am still fairly sure that McGleish was giving out a few "going down" gestures, so have no intention of letting him off the hook yet, even after twelve years, or whatever it is
:lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The highlight of the match for sure. It was pure panto. Loved the big cheer when the stretcher was called for and then when he limped off on crutches. Tremendous.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I know some of you have heard this before, but I was on holiday a few years ago and Carl Griffiths stayed at the same resort. He swears blind that it was McGleish who upset the North Stand, and says the Orient players were shitting themselves as they left the ground as they thought there would be a welcoming party for them outside the players' entrance.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The highlight of the match for sure. It was pure panto. Loved the big cheer when the stretcher was called for and then when he limped off on crutches. Tremendous.

We thought at the time he'd taken one in the plums, which would have been even better.

from the o's message board

McGLeish injury looked nasty, but the BHA fans enjoyed it and were cheering when the stretcher was called for. bastard scum.

:lol:
What has been particularly pleasing over the years about this vendetta against the wanker is that is completely baffles opposition fans ... especially those at Colchester, Peterborough and Wycombe.

Some Orient fans may get it, I suppose, but most will simply be confused.

Most of the obsessive hatred in football is directed against teams. This one is personal, and therefore so much more rewarding. From today's performance, I get the impression that McGleish actually enjoys the attention.

I know some of you have heard this before, but I was on holiday a few years ago and Carl Griffiths stayed at the same resort. He swears blind that it was McGleish who upset the North Stand, and says the Orient players were shitting themselves as they left the ground as they thought there would be a welcoming party for them outside the players' entrance.
Someone reported on NSC a few years back that Mrs McGleish is CONVINCED that her husband is unfairly carrying the can for Griffiths.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What has been particularly pleasing over the years about this vendetta against the wanker is that is completely baffles opposition fans ... especially those at Colchester, Peterborough and Wycombe.

Some Orient fans may get it, I suppose, but most will simply be confused.

Most of the obsessive hatred in football is directed against teams. This one is personal, and therefore so much more rewarding.

One of my colleagues (a Spurs fans) was working at the game today and was standing right by the South Stand when McGleish hobbled off on crutches. He texted me afterwards to ask why on earth the bloke was getting so much stick.

Don't think he could quite believe how long we hold a grudge down here when I replied telling him why :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Felt more than a bit sorry for the boy to be honest, having to hobble past H Block on crutches like that. Could have been a career-ending injury for all we knew or cared. Same as Charlie Oatway's a couple of years back on Boxing Day. Giving him a bit of stick when he's playing is one thing, but that went WAY too far IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here