Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr McGleish...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Felt more than a bit sorry for the boy to be honest, having to hobble past H Block on crutches like that. Could have been a career-ending injury for all we knew or cared. Same as Charlie Oatway's a couple of years back on Boxing Day. Giving him a bit of stick when he's playing is one thing, but that went WAY too far IMHO.

if it had happened to Glenn Murray on the other hand..........:dance:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
from the o's message board

Quote:
McGLeish injury looked nasty, but the BHA fans enjoyed it and were cheering when the stretcher was called for. bastard scum.

:lol:

And yet none of their fans could be bothered to clap their injured player off as he went past them and back to the changing rooms - says alot about their fans

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Felt more than a bit sorry for the boy to be honest, having to hobble past H Block on crutches like that. Could have been a career-ending injury for all we knew or cared. Same as Charlie Oatway's a couple of years back on Boxing Day. Giving him a bit of stick when he's playing is one thing, but that went WAY too far IMHO.

Blimey, if we all thought like that, no player would ever get any abuse, just in case.

Sorry, but football fans have always dished it out, as have human beings generally. That's life. I'm sure McGleish gets it, just the same as if he scored against us he wouldn't hesitate to give it large back.

And I don't remember any QPR fans abusing Charlie Oatway, as it goes.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
at the end of the day he took it in good heart, he took a bow:lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And yet none of their fans could be bothered to clap their injured player off as he went past them and back to the changing rooms - says alot about their fans

It takes so long for sound to travel from where they are sitting to the Withers track that they did in fact clap him off, but it wasn't heard in the South Stand until 3.26pm

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, if we all thought like that, no player would ever get any abuse, just in case.

Sorry, but football fans have always dished it out, as have human beings generally. That's life. I'm sure McGleish gets it, just the same as if he scored against us he wouldn't hesitate to give it large back.

The bloke was on crutches with a heavily-strapped leg FFS. Would you have enjoyed it quite so much if, say, he was on a stretcher?

Just thought it was a bit crap :shrug:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The bloke was on crutches with a heavily-strapped leg FFS. Would you have enjoyed it quite so much if, say, he was on a stretcher?

Will I go to hell if I'm thinking "yes" in answer to that?

It's slightly mean, but it's only a momentary thing, we're not actually wishing the bloke's career away.

In the course of my job I can pretty much guarantee I've heard every single insult ever aimed at Scott McGleish, plus hundreds more: I've had injury, assault, rape (nice) and ever more imaginatively painful deaths wished on me. I don't lose sleep over it, and if McGleish does over a few hundred people calling him a wanker when he limps past, then frankly he's a bit of a girls blouse.

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
Yeah, well I think it is pathetic, both at the game and on here. I think I'll take my lead from Brian Clough on this one, who when the Trent End did something similar years ago accused the abusers of knowing nothing about football and not having the bottle to be in a position to suffer a similar fate themselves, yes I know what Mcgleish did but f***ing hell it was a few years ago, today the incident looked bad, he could have been seriously injured, (whether he was or not I don't know), but I do know how a serious injury can f*** you up and what it takes to get back from it. People appulading it show their ignorance, especially you Edna Crabface

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Did anyone else enjoy the persistence of the bloke in H block (on the other side of the aisle from the standing bit) who kept up a bellowing chant of "W*nker" "W*nker" "W*nker" and kept it on and on and on..... From when McGleish was injured to when he hobbled to the dugout to when he went off on crutches. It was hilarious, everyone in the rows behind him were pissing themselves. If you're reading this mate, well done, you made an otherwise dismal afternoon very memorable.:clap::clap::clap:

Yeah, well I think it is pathetic, both at the game and on here. I think I'll take my lead from Brian Clough on this one, who when the Trent End did something similar years ago accused the abusers of knowing nothing about football and not having the bottle to be in a position to suffer a similar fate themselves, yes I know what Mcgleish did but f***ing hell it was a few years ago, today the incident looked bad, he could have been seriously injured, (whether he was or not I don't know), but I do know how a serious injury can f*** you up and what it takes to get back from it. People appulading it show their ignorance, especially you Edna Crabface

Come on - of all the players who could be desired to suffer some kind of ignominious moment in front of the baying crowd, McGleish is THE ONE.
Even Leon would have to come second, to that twat. It's wrong to chastise anyone in hindsight, and when it really was the only enjoyable moment of a dull afternoon. He enjoyed his moment, however long ago it was - now let his latest moment redress the balance.

Scott McGleish is a wanker, is a wanker. :clap2:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Having met Scott McGleish before in a pub in Barnet(where he lives) a couple of years ago he really is f***ing full of himself.Yes,he took a bit of stick that night but his ego really marked him out as a cock.

Deserved everything he got today.:laugh:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Did anyone else enjoy the persistence of the bloke in H block (on the other side of the aisle from the standing bit) who kept up a bellowing chant of "W*nker" "W*nker" "W*nker" and kept it on and on and on..... From when McGleish was injured to when he hobbled to the dugout to when he went off on crutches. It was hilarious, everyone in the rows behind him were pissing themselves. If you're reading this mate, well done, you made an otherwise dismal afternoon very memorable.:clap::clap::clap:

if you have to sit near him regularly then actually you'll think the bloke is a tiresome cock, he's always shouting out foul mouthed abuse at every game. this was the ONE AND ONLY occasion when it was funny.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I must have been somewhere else then, as we commented on the fact that they clapped him all the way to the porta cabin.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Some guys in E block didn't seem to understand why he was getting stick, theres some right bellends who sit in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here