Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP causes residents of town major embarrasment on BBC TV.

D

Deleted User X18H

Are you going to enlighten us as to why you are against a meat-free Monday? You started the thread. You threw accusations at the leader of the Green Party, but are not willing to back it up with a reasoned argument as to why it has caused US an embarrassment. Dandyman appears to have struck the nail firmly on the head and I don't see myself as being a paid up member of any party.

I am against the so called 'meat free Monday' as I come from a long line of Pork Butchers. She is trying to install some sort of compulsory diet into our lives. How long before this becomes present in schools as well as council offices. That is what I mean about communism. When Meyer told her he thought Brighton was in decline , ok she said about the Festhival , but he went on to say it’s all concrete slabs (referring to Brighton) she responded with a little laugh saying 'oh it’s in hand'. That it was I find embarrassing. Where in all this regency and Victorian are these concrete slabs, Apart from Junction Road and possibly Marlborough Street she obviously has no real clue about the architecture in Brighton. That is what I find embarrassing.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Are you being forced to stay in the building for lunch? Perhaps one could take a stroll and find themselves something meaty if it is such a big problem. Going for one mealtime without meat isn't going kill anyone. It might save some though...

So the Greens want a meat free Monday and your solution is that those of us that want and like to eat meat should buy our meal elsewhere ? Firstly how does that help with the ridiculous idea that eating meat is bad for the environment ? Secondly why should veggies get subsidised meals 5 days a week but meat eaters only 4 ?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I disagree with enforcing a "meat free monday" rule, by all means any food supplied BY the council in the canteen (if they have one) can be meat free on a monday or any and all days should they desire however telling employees they can't bring meat IN?

Hardly fits the Liberal side of the greens.

D

Deleted User X18H

I disagree with enforcing a "meat free monday" rule, by all means any food supplied BY the council in the canteen (if they have one) can be meat free on a monday or any and all days should they desire however telling employees they can't bring meat IN?

As I said Communism

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

But given any council canteen is subsidised why should they discriminate ?

D

Deleted User X18H

But given any council canteen is subsidised why should they discriminate ?

It is the start of the Greens social organsing. This will soon spread over Brighton & Hove. All economic and social activity will be closly monitored and manipulated by the Greens.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So the Greens want a meat free Monday and your solution is that those of us that want and like to eat meat should buy our meal elsewhere ? Firstly how does that help with the ridiculous idea that eating meat is bad for the environment ? Secondly why should veggies get subsidised meals 5 days a week but meat eaters only 4 ?

Everyone who works in the public sector are too lazy and too granite to venture outside to a shop/cafe/restaurant in the private sector.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

It is about spreading the message, surely (not about governing what you eat)?

Why is it a ridiculous idea that our over consumption of meat is bad for the environment?

Subsidised meals? Veggies? Can you nto go for one meal without meat? We are talking about a Monday lunch. You can gorge yourself in bacon in the morning and have a beef stew in the evening if you can't cope.

D

Deleted User X18H

It is about spreading the message, surely (not about governing what you eat)?

Why is it a ridiculous idea that our over consumption of meat is bad for the environment?

Subsidised meals? Veggies? Can you nto go for one meal without meat? We are talking about a Monday lunch. You can gorge yourself in bacon in the morning and have a beef stew in the evening if you can't cope.

But the simple fact is people are being TOLD they can't eat meat at work , lunchtime or whenever. It is the first step on the rung. What next?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is the start of the Greens social organsing. This will soon spread over Brighton & Hove. All economic and social activity will be closly monitored and manipulated by the Greens.

It is not enforceable you nincompoop. It's like a smoke-free Wednesday or a prat-free thursday (which you have obviously ignored).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Without wanting to support HB&B's slightly rude point of view, why, if I was a council employee, should I be FORCED into being a veggie on Mondays ? Maybe we could have meat only Tuesdays as a balance ? I completely object to ANY political party suggesting what I should or shouldn't eat at any time :rant::rant::rant:

How much control do employees have over their canteen menus anyway? Having a day of meat free options is no different to the chef electing to have, say, spag bol and egg and chips on a particular day. Or do companies hold a staff referendum each and every day as to what the choices should be?

And of course, you have the ultimate choice which is to eat elsewhere of bring a sandwich in.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am against the so called 'meat free Monday' as I come from a long line of Pork Butchers. She is trying to install some sort of compulsory diet into our lives. How long before this becomes present in schools as well as council offices. That is what I mean about communism. When Meyer told her he thought Brighton was in decline , ok she said about the Festhival , but he went on to say it’s all concrete slabs (referring to Brighton) she responded with a little laugh saying 'oh it’s in hand'. That it was I find embarrassing. Where in all this regency and Victorian are these concrete slabs, Apart from Junction Road and possibly Marlborough Street she obviously has no real clue about the architecture in Brighton. That is what I find embarrassing.

We used to have vegetarian days at school and Lancing College was certainly not an establishment one would call liberal/left wing/communist.

Why should it not become a fixture in schools? It is not about controlling the diet, it is about educating people. How hard is that to understand?

D

Deleted User X18H

We used to have vegetarian days at school and Lancing College was certainly not an establishment one would call liberal/left wing/communist.

Why should it not become a fixture in schools? It is not about controlling the diet, it is about educating people. How hard is that to understand?

Not that is a fair comment and of course you are right. I am now off to bed to watch Question Time. Goodnight.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Quite, ignorance is strength.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I am against the so called 'meat free Monday' as I come from a long line of Pork Butchers. She is trying to install some sort of compulsory diet into our lives. How long before this becomes present in schools as well as council offices. .

My kids' school had meat-free Mondays throughout last term - and that was when the Tories ran the council.

I don't understand why HB&B gets on his high horse about meat-free days when it's suggested by the Greens but doesn't raise any objections when it happens under the Tories?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Everyone who works in the public sector are too lazy and too granite to venture outside to a shop/cafe/restaurant in the private sector.

because everybody who works in the public sector has access to a canteen on-site, right? If you want to talk about lazy read your own post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here