Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP causes residents of town major embarrasment on BBC TV.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
i dislike caroline lucas but that isnt really too embarrassing

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I think I'd be more embarrassed not knowing it's a city, not a town.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Any news on the cycle lane going up Bear Road ?

How would that work with all the parking along there. It is a fairly narrow road at present.

Aside from this something also needs to be done on the gyratory at the bottom, I can think of three times this year that pedestrians have been hit crossing the road by cars doing an illegal left turn from lewes road.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The nature of the democracy we live in, is if you want to make changes, you can put yourself forward as a candidate in elections, and if you get more votes than any other candidate, you are elected. Simples...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Most people I have spoken with or read comments from, are dreading this Green Administration.

......pity most people didn't vote for another party then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Due to my involvement with the Argus I am unable to make such comments. Is Lucas your M.P?

You really are one deluded individual. First up your 'involvement' is a crap and poorly written blog. Second it's for one staggeringly poor newspaper.

Please let me know when you evolve beyond your 'what I did in my school holidays' style of writing and I might give it another glance.

Dandyman

In London village.
HB&B, you haven't told us why you think a meat-free Monday is such a bad thing and an embarrassment.

Because he's a sad little loser who is struggling to deal with the fact that the voters rejected his preferred candidate ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Are you going to enlighten us as to why you are against a meat-free Monday? You started the thread. You threw accusations at the leader of the Green Party, but are not willing to back it up with a reasoned argument as to why it has caused US an embarrassment. Dandyman appears to have struck the nail firmly on the head and I don't see myself as being a paid up member of any party.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Without wanting to support HB&B's slightly rude point of view, why, if I was a council employee, should I be FORCED into being a veggie on Mondays ? Maybe we could have meat only Tuesdays as a balance ? I completely object to ANY political party suggesting what I should or shouldn't eat at any time :rant::rant::rant:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Apparrently the Tories are already planning to pass slices of ham thru the railings at the town hall next Monday.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Without wanting to support HB&B's slightly rude point of view, why, if I was a council employee, should I be FORCED into being a veggie on Mondays ? Maybe we could have meat only Tuesdays as a balance ? I completely object to ANY political party suggesting what I should or shouldn't eat at any time :rant::rant::rant:

Are you being forced to stay in the building for lunch? Perhaps one could take a stroll and find themselves something meaty if it is such a big problem. Going for one mealtime without meat isn't going kill anyone. It might save some though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here