Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving away fans - a mistake?

Cannot see that. Too many season ticket holders in east stand would need moving. The South end of the East makes sense as it would affect complimentary places more.

This. The North end of the east stand is full sold out to STH's. This is also the family area. Also, there is no segregation options that end of the east - only at the southern end

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Above everything else, I just hope they get a ticket exchange sorted for next season. If one is not coming, I will likely only renew 3 of our 4 season tickets.
But it won't be needed so much with the extra capacity, as it would only be implemented for sell outs. You are basically saying that you won't renew the season ticket purely because it might be hard to sell it on when we play Leeds, Palace and West Ham?

supergeorge

Sep 7, 2009
You can buy tickets in the Family Stand on a match by match basis, I'm not sure if you can buy them online though.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I did it yesterday - with no plan to view you can still 'pick' your seat in the East Upper and if the application is denied they will just renew your current seat. Anyone who doesn't do it now and does end up having to move will only get a choice of which seats are left at that point (apparently).

Theres also about 4500 on the season ticket waiting list!

Just confirmed my new seats in East Upper :) absolutely bloody delighted.

Yep, mate at work called the number on his letter and is moving from East Lower South end to East upper, half way line 3 seats back and is walking around like a dog with two dicks.

How was Saturday night?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I did it yesterday - with no plan to view you can still 'pick' your seat in the East Upper and if the application is denied they will just renew your current seat. Anyone who doesn't do it now and does end up having to move will only get a choice of which seats are left at that point (apparently).

Would of thought the club would have maybe said something, doesnt affect me anyway. I only realised i wasnt on the ST waiting list til a month ago, so im very high on it and unlikely to get one -_- Im now targetting the 13/14 season when the North corners get filled in, should get a chance then.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Half of the South will be given over to the away support in situations where they need a bigger allocation - so probably about half of the away support we've seen in this division.

Are you sure that's right?

I just spoke to the customer services line to see if my block (F) was affected and they said that away fans would be in the SE corner with a bit of the South and East and on cup games they would extend to block G of the East.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Moving the away support from the south stand may not be a hugh advantage for us but it will be a substantial disadvantage for the away team. Sooner the better.

This. Don't know if it was segregation or logistics that drove the decision, but it was a mistake to put away fans in the south in the first place. Home fans at both ends of the ground please :thumbsup:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Am I the only one who thinks it doesn't really make any difference where you put away supporters?!

I think it's a bit of a myth to say it's an advantage for away teams to have all their fans behind one goal. I quite like the idea of there being an 'away end' (and it surely must be easier to police and steward to keep all away fans in one separate stand).

The other issue is - if they are going to split the South Stand (as is currently the case when away teams don't take up their full allocation), this will mean there is going to be a section of seating which will be unused, as it will be needed for segregation.

Always think it's a waste to have unused seats in a stadium when they could be sold. And this will also sadly mean we will never achieve an attendance of 30,000, even after the stadium has been expanded to full capacity.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
We are in B. completely agree. One of the reasons we chose to sit these.

Myself and those around me enjoy our seats in WSL because we're close to the away fans (block A) and therefore able to enjoy quite a bit of banter with them. I'll definitely miss this if/when the away fans are moved to the SE corner.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Quite sure that's 1901.

At present I think its only people affected by the Away fans moving around

I should receive my renewal showing the new seat numbers in east upper by all accounts.

I am now Row F pretty much slap bang middle in East Upper

Pretty damn lucky i guess that i was in an area that is now needed for away fans so got first dibs on the upper terrace

permission will be granted im sure otherwise the club wouldnt be getting it sorted.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yep, mate at work called the number on his letter and is moving from East Lower South end to East upper, half way line 3 seats back and is walking around like a dog with two dicks.

How was Saturday night?

Pretty good thanks mate, and am really looking forward to Row F East Upper half way line :)

Big smile on my face

As part of the extension planning application the club has this month submitted to B&HCC information on the number of current STH's and waiting list covering the BN, RH and TN postal districts:

BN 12772 season ticket holders (811 on waiting list)
TN 1099 season ticket holders (87 on waiting list)
RH 2131 season ticket holders (97 on waiting list)

This demographic covers 16002 of the current 18400 Amex STHs and also 995 people on the waiting list. The majority of the remaining 2400 STHs are probably located within the PO, SO, GU and London postal districts but it seems highly improbable that there are 3500 fans waiting for STs in these areas, or anywhere else.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
At present I think its only people affected by the Away fans moving around

I should receive my renewal showing the new seat numbers in east upper by all accounts.

I am now Row F pretty much slap bang middle in East Upper

Pretty damn lucky i guess that i was in an area that is now needed for away fans so got first dibs on the upper terrace

permission will be granted im sure otherwise the club wouldnt be getting it sorted.

Did they tell you how much more you'll be paying?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here