Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving away fans - a mistake?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
As part of the extension planning application the club has this month submitted to B&HCC information on the number of current STH's and waiting list covering the BN, RH and TN postal districts:

BN 12772 season ticket holders (811 on waiting list)
TN 1099 season ticket holders (87 on waiting list)
RH 2131 season ticket holders (97 on waiting list)

This demographic covers 16002 of the current 18400 Amex STHs and also 995 people on the waiting list. The majority of the remaining 2400 STHs are probably located within the PO, SO, GU and London postal districts but it seems highly improbable that there are 3500 fans waiting for STs in these areas, or anywhere else.

Fair enough - was only reporting what the guy at the ticket office told me

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
As part of the extension planning application the club has this month submitted to B&HCC information on the number of current STH's and waiting list covering the BN, RH and TN postal districts:

This demographic covers 16002 of the current 18400 Amex STHs and also 995 people on the waiting list. The majority of the remaining 2400 STHs are probably located within the PO, SO, GU and London postal districts but it seems highly improbable that there are 3500 fans waiting for STs in these areas, or anywhere else.

So basically 3,500(ish) of those on the waiting list dont live within the 3 nearest postcodes ? Id give priority to the 1,000 in the BN, TN and RH postcodes myself, being local to the club and all, then go from who was earliest onto the list.

Also, where are you able to view the planning application ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So basically 3,500(ish) of those on the waiting list dont live within the 3 nearest postcodes ? Id give priority to the 1,000 in the BN, TN and RH postcodes myself, being local to the club and all, then go from who was earliest onto the list.

Doesn't seem very fair if Brighton fans don't live in BN postcodes etc. why penalise them for living elsewhere. Doesn't matter where they live if they are fans. I lived up North for 14 awful years but did it make me less a fan?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The OP is talking balls, its got nothing to do with what end we are shooting in, more to do with the style of play. plenty of games over the last two seasons have been 0-0 until half time which we have then gone on to win in the second half. although when playing at Withdean it wasnt noticed.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Doesn't seem very fair if Brighton fans don't live in BN postcodes etc. why penalise them for living elsewhere. Doesn't matter where they live if they are fans. I lived up North for 14 awful years but did it make me less a fan?

Of course not, but if your living further away, would you be going to near every game every other week or so ? Dont get me wrong, people could come down every week if they want to pay a huge amount of money, but thats just my opinion on it. Obviously with more pay-per-match tickets going to be available (probably) then if you do live further away and cant get to every match, then it may be a cheaper option.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Of course not, but if your living further away, would you be going to near every game every other week or so ? Dont get me wrong, people could come down every week if they want to pay a huge amount of money, but thats just my opinion on it. Obviously with more pay-per-match tickets going to be available (probably) then if you do live further away and cant get to every match, then it may be a cheaper option.

Fair point.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You have to wonder how many more potential STH's there are out there. Some just wanna buy one and won't be arsed with going on such waiting lists.

Yes - obviously once ST are sold out, I guess most people wouldn't bother going on a waiting list. I'm sure once the stadium is expanded, we will sell a few thousand more. Potentially over 20k season ticket holders...?

Er..... No. What I'm "suggesting" is that the ST waiting list isn't 4,500, or anything like this number.

Via the planning portal on B&HCC's website (Appl'n No: 2011/03861)
Planning register - Brighton Hove City Council
And if you're really bored/sad, the additional car parking etc at the Aldridge Academy (Appl'n No: 2012/00384)
Planning register - Brighton Hove City Council

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading

I do a 120+ mile round trip and haven't missed a home game I've been in the country for. I also know several people who travel a lot further than me who haven't missed a game yet, home or away. There are probably a lot more who do similar.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

That figure of 995 could be the number of fans on the waiting list at the end of July 2011 , I suspect there are another 2,000+ on the current list which haven't been disclosed if they have been classified as "customer enquiries" since the start of the season.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
That figure of 995 could be the number of fans on the waiting list at the end of July 2011 , I suspect there are another 2,000+ on the current list which haven't been disclosed if they have been classified as "customer enquiries" since the start of the season.

Well i just missed out on a ST last season and was told i was going to be put on a waiting list (this was in July), turns out when i checked last month i wasnt so this may be the same for others. Wonder what other clubs have a ST waiting list of a couple of thousand people.

If you're correct the club submitted this out of date (July 2011) list to the planning authority last month; I can't think why they would do that?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Same price to move from East Lower to upper,plus the addition of the travel voucher :)

East Stand is already about as expensive as you can get.

It's not though, is it. You would expect the wings of the east lower to be much cheaper than the central east upper. If the east wings are signficantly more that th south this could also reduce our away attendances quite a bit.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I'm another wsl south ended and will be dissapointed if they move the away fans! There is decent banter between blocks a/b and the away end most games and I don't think the east will offer as much! Away ends next to family sections are just crap!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Put the away fans in the family section and move the kids up the other end of the east stand. Then we'll see how many of them say there is no atmosphere...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm another wsl south ended and will be dissapointed if they move the away fans! There is decent banter between blocks a/b and the away end most games and I don't think the east will offer as much! Away ends next to family sections are just crap!

The away fans in the East will be nowhere near the family part of the East. They will be confined to the final three blocks in the East as we in the family section are confined to the first three working from the north.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here