Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Move on, move on, nothing to see here. Especially no whizzy winger from Newcastle

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Hmmm interesting that you write that........... I don't ever believe the bullshit on that football rumours thing (though I do have a look every now and again), but just saw this. Prob bullshit, but hope not true :annoyed:

19 Jun 2011 14:01:00
Was personally speaking to Leicester City chief scout who used to be chief scout at Southampton. He says Southampton have tabled a last minute offer to get Kazenga Lua Lua from Newcastle United. Apparently the player had his heart set on joining Brighton, but Newcastle have also accepted saints offer and the players agent is insisting on at least meeting Southampton first as they are insist they will better Brighton's offer. He stated the Saints first team coach (whoever that is?), who was Pardew's assistant manager, has played a small part in pursuading Newcastle and the players agent to at least hear their offer first.

This became more likely as other clubs will have realised with recently transfer stories that he was leaving NU and going to the Champ. I think Southampton wouldnt be that bad compared to other possibilities. I was worried it could be a newly promoted prem team that had come in last minute. If it is another Champ team I cant see him picking them over us. If this is true it would be pretty much a repeat of the Calderon situation, and I'd image Gus would be quite hurt that he would talk to someone else after everything, particularly our rivals. Whats worse Gus & Tony could be put in a situation where they are faced with breaking the wage structure if they want to get thier man, which would be a tough test for Gus and the club if that was the case.

My hope is, if something like this is true, that Gus will sit him down and have a word about how well he played with the club when he was here, and where the club is going. And then offer him better terms but without matching our competitor club, and expect him to take it.

I do hope we get him but, how do you say? "eees football"

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Does sound like we have all been counting our chickens a little. Hopefully it's just a minor issue to sort out, rather than another club coming in for him. If Saints have matched our offer then I would seriously question the chances of him picking us. I know he kissed the badge last year and obviously has a special relationship with Gus though and hopefully that would be enough to compensate him if we were offering a £1k or £2k a week less than elsewhere.

Stumpy Tim

Hmmm interesting that you write that........... I don't ever believe the bullshit on that football rumours thing (though I do have a look every now and again), but just saw this. Prob bullshit, but hope not true :annoyed:

19 Jun 2011 14:01:00
Was personally speaking to Leicester City chief scout who used to be chief scout at Southampton. He says Southampton have tabled a last minute offer to get Kazenga Lua Lua from Newcastle United. Apparently the player had his heart set on joining Brighton, but Newcastle have also accepted saints offer and the players agent is insisting on at least meeting Southampton first as they are insist they will better Brighton's offer. He stated the Saints first team coach (whoever that is?), who was Pardew's assistant manager, has played a small part in pursuading Newcastle and the players agent to at least hear their offer first.

Given Lua Lua's agent is very good friends with one of the Blooms, I think I'll file this in the "Absolute Bollocks" bin

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
inside info.... or your opinion?

My opinion, look Gus came out and said Dotting I's and crossing T's.
He loves it hear, he knows we love him.

Transfers take time always little snags here and there.

But I honestly believe people are just panicking over this because we are desperate for this signing to happen and want it to happen so much.

Just relax is my advice.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Given Lua Lua's agent is very good friends with one of the Blooms, I think I'll file this in the "Absolute Bollocks" bin

Means nothing, Southampton might offer him a nice big agent fee to turn his head.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Saints get Lua Lua, I'll personally string Adkins up; and if we let him sign for Saints without bettering the terms they offer we will be bloody stupid. We need a playet of his calibre to unlock Championship defences - and Kazenga's the man. The deal must be completed at all costs. Anyone thinking that we will get a better player is deluded.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I know the Saints story is probably bollocks,but this is what i have been dreading.Up until now there has been no mention of another team sniffing,but it just had to happen.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I genuinely hate how obsessed I'm becoming with this transfer, it's doing my head in.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I genuinely hate how obsessed I'm becoming with this transfer, it's doing my head in.

I feel that way too. I so want to see Lua Lua run out in the blue and white stripes again - but as our player rather than a loanee. And the thought of him playing for Saints just makes me sick to the core. I really hope this is just a wind-up.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
we are going to hav this with all the players we look at and hav other clubs sniffing around to beat us to signing them

Agreed - but this is one signing that we really can't afford to be beaten to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here