Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Move on, move on, nothing to see here. Especially no whizzy winger from Newcastle

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
which tomorrow are we talking about ??

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
creeps in this petty pace from day to day, to the last syllable of recorded time;
and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death.
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

larus

Fair enough.......point taken, I'll not pass on in future, no probs for me.

Don't worry Moggy. IMO, there's a lot of teenagers/twenty-somethings on here with no experience of the 'real-world'. FWIW, I believe that what you posted was in good faith and factually correct (by this I mean, this is what someone of note within the club told you). However, after being in business and dealing with people for many years, I have learnt that what people say may be what they hope/expect to happen, but that events can change things.

The snide, petty comments by so many on here are pathetic, and they are too stupid to realise that the vitriol they deal out will stop people posting genuine rumours/information for the fear of getting crucified if, god forbid, they aren't 100% correct.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Don't worry Moggy. IMO, there's a lot of teenagers/twenty-somethings on here with no experience of the 'real-world'. FWIW, I believe that what you posted was in good faith and factually correct (by this I mean, this is what someone of note within the club told you). However, after being in business and dealing with people for many years, I have learnt that what people say may be what they hope/expect to happen, but that events can change things.

The snide, petty comments by so many on here are pathetic, and they are too stupid to realise that the vitriol they deal out will stop people posting genuine rumours/information for the fear of getting crucified if, god forbid, they aren't 100% correct.

I agree but my only criticism is that maybe he should have said "it's likely" etc instead of making it seem like a fact, only to leave people disappointed...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
:flounce:Tomorrow never comes-it's always today

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ok, children, what lessons have we learned from all this?

-When we hear "(my source tells me) press conference tomorrow to announce signing of [player] (FACT!)" for the same player several day in a row without it coming to fruition, don't get too excited about a specific date
-Given the complex nature of contract negotiations and signings, coupled with the increasing attempt to schedule announcements (i.e. announce a signing with a selling, announcing several signings at once) don't be too declarative, allow some wiggle room (last friday it was "lualua deal should be complete over the weekend" - less anger when monday came without an announcement)
-if you post something declarative that doesn't come true, don't get so precious when people ask you what went wrong.
-if you're so upset because something someone posted on a messageboard about a transfer didn't happen, maybe you need to get a little perspective.
-if you're upset because people take umbrage with something you posted, albeit in good faith, because it didn't come to fruition, maybe you need a little perspective, chances are a good proportion of them are meant as jokes, anyway.
-Be careful with any playful remarks about false rumours, because it isn't always clear that your comments are intended as genial banter

Any others?

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
Should we need to use legal jargon when posting on a forum. I spend all week at work writing jargon and if I ever hear a rumour (not that I'm likely to) will be so excited not only will I forget to use big words but I may even forget an apostrophe.

Sep 1, 2010
Ok, children, what lessons have we learned from all this?

-When we hear "(my source tells me) press conference tomorrow to announce signing of [player] (FACT!)" for the same player several day in a row without it coming to fruition, don't get too excited about a specific date
-Given the complex nature of contract negotiations and signings, coupled with the increasing attempt to schedule announcements (i.e. announce a signing with a selling, announcing several signings at once) don't be too declarative, allow some wiggle room (last friday it was "lualua deal should be complete over the weekend" - less anger when monday came without an announcement)
-if you post something declarative that doesn't come true, don't get so precious when people ask you what went wrong.
-if you're so upset because something someone posted on a messageboard about a transfer didn't happen, maybe you need to get a little perspective.
-if you're upset because people take umbrage with something you posted, albeit in good faith, because it didn't come to fruition, maybe you need a little perspective, chances are a good proportion of them are meant as jokes, anyway.
-Be careful with any playful remarks about false rumours, because it isn't always clear that your comments are intended as genial banter

Any others?

Never phone an Irishman when he is doing the Ironing?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I could divulge a thing or two but there really is no point on here-i know others could as well-time will tell with regards to KLL if it works out i will be very happy,if not we move on.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't know if anyone else has posted this but a couple of hours ago Michael Woods tweeted
"Last night with the boys tonight before Ibiza tomorrow... Then back for a long successful season hopefully #buzzing"

This would suggest he's signed for someone, hopefully that's what the delay has been with the announcements?!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So clearly you don't believe it's as much of a done deal as some on here have claimed?

I think it is nearly there-my personal estimate for the fee is £1.25m(based on my valuation-from a personal point of view i will be interested to see how close i was) but what if he slips on way to signing and has torn ligaments do we pull out or what if another scenario happens and he (this could happen-dies in a freak accident)...i think he will be here but until it's done it's not done.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Should we need to use legal jargon when posting on a forum. I spend all week at work writing jargon and if I ever hear a rumour (not that I'm likely to) will be so excited not only will I forget to use big words but I may even forget an apostrophe.

Big words and legal jargon like "he should", "I'm told", "may be tomorrow", "expect"?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I don't know if anyone else has posted this but a couple of hours ago Michael Woods tweeted
"Last night with the boys tonight before Ibiza tomorrow... Then back for a long successful season hopefully #buzzing"

This would suggest he's signed for someone, hopefully that's what the delay has been with the announcements?!

has there been anyother links to us signing woods other then he went to see the amex a few weeks ago?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Brian Owen on Twitter:

"negotiations" - Gus Poyet's reply when asked what was happening with LuaLua's expected move to #bhafc

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It does sound like he has come back with some additional demands, maybe even higher wages. It could be that he has been made a higher offer elsewhere and is hoping that we can try to come close to matching it, because he does really want to come here.

Just a thought, I'm sure it will all pan out though.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It does sound like he has come back with some additional demands, maybe even higher wages. It could be that he has been made a higher offer elsewhere and is hoping that we can try to come close to matching it, because he does really want to come here.

Just a thought, I'm sure it will all pan out though.

Hmmm interesting that you write that........... I don't ever believe the bullshit on that football rumours thing (though I do have a look every now and again), but just saw this. Prob bullshit, but hope not true :annoyed:

19 Jun 2011 14:01:00
Was personally speaking to Leicester City chief scout who used to be chief scout at Southampton. He says Southampton have tabled a last minute offer to get Kazenga Lua Lua from Newcastle United. Apparently the player had his heart set on joining Brighton, but Newcastle have also accepted saints offer and the players agent is insisting on at least meeting Southampton first as they are insist they will better Brighton's offer. He stated the Saints first team coach (whoever that is?), who was Pardew's assistant manager, has played a small part in pursuading Newcastle and the players agent to at least hear their offer first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here