Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Memorable Goal You've Ever WITNESSED

For pure last-minute drama I don't think Virgo against Swindon will ever be beaten.

HOWEVER, the first goal I always think of when this sort of question is asked was scored by Jimmy Gibbons for Eastbourne United against Maidstone United at The Oval (United's home ground) in a pre-season friendly in about 1989.

It was scored direct from the kick-off after a Maidstone goal.

Zamora's goal at Bury three seasons ago was something special. Most bizarre goals were George Parris's legendary goal against Bristol Rovers and Dale Jasper against Chesterfield during the eighties when he punched the ball in while lying on the ground! Everbody saw it except the ref!.......

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
dougdeep said:
Wally Gould's one, to seal promotion from division four back in 1965. We scored 102 goals that season. The final game was in front of nearly 35,000 people.
The goal that I remember from that game was the second, a header from a kneeling position by Jimmy Collins
Another goal that sticks in my mind was Kit Napiers first for the Albion (v.Peterborough),a shot into the South goal from about 35 yards

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
sams dad said:
The goal that I remember from that game was the second, a header from a kneeling position by Jimmy Collins
Another goal that sticks in my mind was Kit Napiers first for the Albion (v.Peterborough),a shot into the South goal from about 35 yards

Do you remember Bert McGonigal getting clattered in that goal in 63? That was my first game.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
dougdeep said:
Do you remember Bert McGonigal getting clattered in that goal in 63? That was my first game.
I can remember Bert McGonigal playing for the Albion but I dont remember him getting "clattered".Did he retire after that?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
sams dad said:
I can remember Bert McGonigal playing for the Albion but I dont remember him getting "clattered".Did he retire after that?

No, but he was out for ages. That's when Seaford's own Brian Powney got his chance.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
my mates wonderful diving header for the mighty saltdean united vs denton in the cup. last minute whooooooosh!!!!!

that was when i was about 13/14 :lolol:

tight game......finished 7-6 :p

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
Mickey T's top corner free kick aganist Arsenal in 92. Can you imagine if that happened to the great Arsenal this year!

Ever Wrexham fan would go for that goal.

Others include Bellamy V Italy :clap2:
Llewellyn's thunderbolt aganist Wednesday away last year, it was september, we'd just come up they'd just gone down. We had taken a suprise 1-0 lead and our new striker Chris Llewellyn (who hadn't scored all year) cracked one from 25 yards out and it flew straight in. We went 3 up and won 3-0.:clap2:

From other teams I don't think I'll ever forgot United's last two goals aganist Munich
Or Zidane's two againist you lot in the summer:lolol:

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Cullip's header against Chesterfield I think for me. I virtually had to be dragged down from the South Stand's non-existent roof when that went in, especially after their fans had been giving it to us that they were the real champions. Virgo against Swindon obviously, though I was not there, and Leon's penalty at Cardiff, because I seriously thought we never had a chance. I didn't enjoy Deano's free kick against Ipswich so much, as I knew we had lost John Byrne for the next matches and a fan was carried away on a stretcher from the North Stand and I was worried about what had happened to him/her. The same season, John Byrne's equaliser against Liverpool. I was hoping we would get a respectable defeat, but to equalise and then nearly win was simply brilliant. The thought that we were to be live on the TV for the first time for 7 years if we had won all the more galling.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
As I don't go to many games, I don't get to see that many goals, but the only one that stands out in my mind is Zamora's goal against Halifax at Withdean.

I was watching the ball go waaaaay up in the air, and when it came back down on to Bobby's left foot and curled in to the goal, the was almost a surreal one to two second silence before everybody erupted. I guess that most people couldn't believe that it had gone in.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Yeboahs wonder goals against Liverpool and Wimbledon and the games each time will always give me goosebumps when I think of them.

For toalame is probably away to AC Milan, in the San Siro and Dom Matteo scored to get us a 1-1 draw. Nearly 12,000 Leeds fans there and just about all of them had their shirts off and swinging waccoe around their heads. The team came over at full time and spent nearly 45 minutes chanting with us. Was awesome.

Last edited:

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
For absolute sheer drama it has to be Deano's against Ipswich in 1991. Budgie was crocked on the edge of the penalty area, and we had to wait for what seemed like an eternity before the resultant free kick was taken. We all knew this was going to be the last kick of the game and the whole season hung on it. Cue scenes of absolute bedlam in the North Stand when he floated it past the Ipswich keeper and into the net.

Others that stick in my mind from the Goldstone

a Charlie Livesey thunderbolt into the South Stand goal against Mansfield in a 6-4 win in 1966

Alex Dawson's classic backheel from all of 6 inches into the North Stand goal against I know not whom in about 1969

Marvellous scenes indeed!!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

Alex Dawson's classic backheel from all of 6 inches into the North Stand goal against I know not whom in about 1969

Marvellous scenes indeed!! [/B]

If I remember correctly that was against Walsall in the FA cup.We eventually lost (0-1?)in the Third Replay at the Hawthorns

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
sams dad said:
If I remember correctly that was against Walsall in the FA cup.We eventually lost (0-1?)in the Third Replay at the Hawthorns

He did score in that game, but I can't remember the goal.

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
dougdeep said:

A pedant writes!

Bert McGonigal got clattered when Darlington came to the Goldstone determined solely to kick us off the park in that game in 1963. I don't think Bert was ever quite as good afterwards, only coming back into the team at the end of that season and playing only a few more games. I seem to recall that someone else got stretched off in that game as well (Bill Cassidy?). I think Darlington on that day were the filthiest team I ever saw at the Goldstone.

And Dave Turner, another Albion stalwart, made his debut for the Albion in the same game.

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
sams dad said:

I don't remember seeing that Walsall game at the Goldstone so I dont think that was the one...

How would the Black Prince get on in today's game :lolol: ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here