Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Memorable Goal You've Ever WITNESSED

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Gary Hart v Reading away

Lee Steele v Bristol City home

Adam Virgo v Swindon home

Palace player v Stoke (when he had Watford at home)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leon's penalty at Cardiff was the best moment of the best day I've ever had as a Brighton fan going back to 1975. Doubt that day will ever be bettered as I expected nothing but a good day out and an almost certain defeat.

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Gary Nelson at Brentford in the cup in 1987. Excellent goal in a 2-0 victory. He also scored the other goal from a penalty.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
cullips vs cheats

watching the JMC dvd , awesome

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yep, Robbie R, Storer's, Jimmy at Highbury, Danny C and Virgs are all up there. Also loved Bobby's goal at Bury a few years back.

One that I really remember clearly was Paul Clark vSpurs in 78(?) at the Goldstone. Tank seemed to slice open their defence and spank the ball into the net at the North Stand end. I think we went on to win 3-1

Only problem was that by then the majority of the North Stand was full of Tottenham!

Whilst following England two stand out: Bryan Robson in 82 in Spain World Cup v France - 1 million degrees, queued for hours to get a drink - 27 seconds into game Robson heads in following a Terry Buther (I think) flick on. Drink everywhere. Won 3-1 Fantastic day.

Second was Lineker in Italia 90 WC Semi v Germany- nearly broke my leg falling over several rows of seats. Crap result. Never forget Gasgoine coming over to us with Butcher after the game.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
NMH said:
Lawrenson ran the length of the pitch to slot home in the South

Damn, thought I was going to be first to mention that one.

My best seen list is that one
Bobby's volley against Halifax
Jimmy Case semi goal
Deano's free kick against Ipswich
and Stuart Mundays mis-hit cross that went in against Leicester up there in the cup win.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Nelse's at Brentford in the Cup in the late 80's. Reinelt's at Hereford. Cullip v. Chesterfield. Storer's last goal at the Goldstone.

I get goose bumps thinking about all of them, I couldn't separate one of them out.

Nelson's goal was the best goal I've ever seen live and Reinelts the most dramatic. Garry Nelson was my hero when I was a 12 year old and that goal was fantasic!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dave Turner's equaliser against Chelsea 1967 FA cup 4th round.

Virgo's header against Swindon.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wally Gould's one, to seal promotion from division four back in 1965. We scored 102 goals that season. The final game was in front of nearly 35,000 people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here