Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Memorable Goal You've Ever WITNESSED

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
What is the most memorable goal (for any reason) that you've ever been at a game to witness?

Mine has to be George Parris for the Albion Vs Bristol Rovers in front of the South Stand back in the Goldstone days.

I was in the North Stand, but you could just hear all the opposition supporters shouting, "He's behind you!" to their goalkeeper as Parris hid behind the goal post! Seconds later, he threw it down, George shoved him off the ball and slotted it into the empty net for one of the funniest goals I've ever seen.

Never laughed so hard at a football game in my life.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Geoff Pook for Southwick, infront of the North Stand <cough> he smiled as he slotted it in from all over 2 yards out....think it was this game he scored 4 but the opposing team scored 5!
Dunno why but the memory of that goal has long lived with me but it was the first one that came to mind after reading the question....so there you have it!

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Butters against West Ham is up there.

Zamora away to Peterborough the year we won Div2.

Leon's pen in Cardiff.

Has to be Virgo against Swindon though. Got the long throw, turned to the person next to me (Kev Smith) and said 'Wheres Virgo?'

Kev answered: 'There he is...'

Then the entire ground went f***ing ballistic.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Probably either Adam Virgo's equaliser against Swindon or Leon Knight's promotion-winning penalty. I will never forget either of those moments:clap2:

Yoda

English & European
There's been a few.

DC's against Chesterfield.
Virgo's against Swindon.
Chippy's sceamer at Hillsborough last season.

Just to name some.

Albion Rob

I was thinking about this last night and I can't remember a single goal in the North Stand clearly. Wierd as I was in there so many times but my memories of most of them are a bit scratchy.

I will have to nomnate two: Cullip v Chesterfield, it meant so much that we won the league regardless of any points deductions, really stuck it to them.

Zamora v Peterborough - The drama of the early penalty miss coupled with a growing feeling that we would not score then suddenl Bobby swivels in the box and rifles it home under our noses. Cue scenes from the 1970s as we all bundle everywhere. I was nearly crying as I came out of the ground as I realised only defeat in every game for the rest of the season would prevent us from going up.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Ray Parlour for Arsenal vs Valencia

2nd goal in 5 mins to come back from 1 nil down, Champions league QF. 25 yard screamer which I was right behind and could tell it was going in straight away. Not much voice left the next day! :clap2:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Nelse's at Brentford in the Cup in the late 80's. Reinelt's at Hereford. Cullip v. Chesterfield. Storer's last goal at the Goldstone.

I get goose bumps thinking about all of them, I couldn't separate one of them out.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Albion Rob said:

Zamora v Peterborough - The drama of the early penalty miss coupled with a growing feeling that we would not score then suddenl Bobby swivels in the box and rifles it home under our noses. Cue scenes from the 1970s as we all bundle everywhere. I was nearly crying as I came out of the ground as I realised only defeat in every game for the rest of the season would prevent us from going up.

That was special.

There was an old guy standing next to me who grabbed me and had a tear in his eye shouting 'dont forget this son, it dont get any better then this'.

Possibly the most emotional moment I have ever shared with a stranger.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Albion Rob said:
I was nearly crying as I came out of the ground as I realised only defeat in every game for the rest of the season would prevent us from going up.

That sentence made my tummy go all funny.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Strangely, Nogan's penalty against Leicester has always stuck out for me. It was one of the only times I was in the North stand on my own as i was a bit late, and I was in totally the opposite bit (back right) to where I normally was. Just a magic game for me.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I'm assuming that the Stuart Storer vs Doncaster and Robbie Reinelt vs Hereford goals are being taken for granted here.

Other than those two I'd have Virg's equaliser at Watford, because I was right in line with the far post and his right foot, so I could see the ball arc just over the keeper's hand and dip at the last minute into the top corner of the net. It just came out of nowhere and felt brilliant because we just deserved it so much.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Titanic said:
Jimmy Case - semi final FA Cup 1983 Highbury is definitely one of them :clap2:

That's what I was gonna say - sheer wonderfulness - and I was right in line with the spot he took it from.

:ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Titanic said:
Jimmy Case - semi final FA Cup 1983 Highbury is definitely one of them :clap2:

I was right behind the goal, right in the line of the balls flight.

Reinelts V Hereford & Storahhhhhsss V Doncaster are up there too.

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here