Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most horrific film ever?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
pevenseagull said:
the end 'montage' in "Requiem for a dream" freaks me out.
do you see what I've done their, I've used the term 'montage' in the context of film criticicm thereby demonstrating that I know what I'm on about

It is a montage but I don't know if it is necessarily in the context of film criticism. There are lots of images spliced together but they are not necessarily juxtapositioned so as to create meaning. They work more as a showreel for the effects of drugs, a collage of the fallout of drug abuse if you will.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I saw a black and white Beligian film at the cinema called 'Man Bites Dog' years ago. It was pseudo-documentary about a serial killer. Probably the most gory thing I've ever seen, thankfully artfully shot in black-and-white. Reservoir Dogs was out at the same time but this film made it look like the Magic Roundabout!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
The most shocking film I have seen is Child of rage. There is no sign of violence or rape scenes etc but it left me shocked and feeling physically sick when i watched it. The basis of the story is a little girl and the wy she acts after being sexually abused. The way the abuse had changed her was quite disturbing and makes me believe that all kiddy fiddlers should be executed:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Was not too impressed with Audition but do enjoy watching Ichi the killer and if you want a rape scene then the one from man bites dog is pretty grusome. First they chop off a dogs head then rape a pregnant woman in front of her husband before cutting th baby out and then shooting the husband.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
B.M.F said:
Was not too impressed with Audition but do enjoy watching Ichi the killer and if you want a rape scene then the one from man bites dog is pretty grusome. First they chop off a dogs head then rape a pregnant woman in front of her husband before cutting th baby out and then shooting the husband.

I'd forgotten about that - confirms that Man Bites Dog is easily the most shocking film i've ever seen! In fact, it's the only time I can EVER remember going to the Cinema and witnessed people walking out in disgust!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
B.M.F said:
First they chop off a dogs head then rape a pregnant woman in front of her husband before cutting the baby out and then shooting the husband.
Just another day in a Croydon dole queue then.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
HampshireSeagulls said:

And the Fire Brigade Bradford disaster film. People who are not burning in the stand until they walk into the air, the old bloke who was beaten to death by well-meaning people trying to put him out.

Yep, pretty sick, and no CGI either.

Agree with that one, we had to watch when I done my doormans course a few years ago. Also "The Cook The Thief, The Wife and Her Lover" Had some pretty sick bits in, at the beginning when he is made to eat dog excrement. The one that I have to turn away, that really makes my stomach go is Saw2, the bit at the beginnig where he has to scalpel the key out his face and when she jumps in the pit of hyperdermics, scared of needles anyway but that was just wrong on so many levels.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Redhead said:
I eluded to that it earlier, its sick.

I was watching it with some friends, one of my friends was eating a bowl of spaggetti in tomato soup when she sliced his balls of in the bath.

Up to then I thought "turning green" was just an expression.:lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
BUTTERBALL said:
I'd forgotten about that - confirms that Man Bites Dog is easily the most shocking film i've ever seen! In fact, it's the only time I can EVER remember going to the Cinema and witnessed people walking out in disgust!

But Man Bites Dog is a comedy albeit a pretty dark one. It's true that there's lots of violence in it but it's pretty cartoonish stuff - it's a bit like saying Tom and Jerry is horrific because all sorts of things happen to the cat. If there were really people walking out of a showing they must have pretty weak stomachs.

What was rather more disturbing for me was that my ex bought the video of it as a birthday present, so I could enjoy repeated viewings. I thought it was a good film but not something that springs to mind when thinking of a good night in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here