Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most horrific film ever?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Albion Dan said:

Also aquired Ichi the Killer the other day which is meant to be a bit on the grim side.

Audition is much worse than Ichi the killer. Ichi the killer is about a guy who kills when he gets aboner. Or something klike that. It's hard (no pun intended) to take it too seriously...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
David Lynch shows that films can be disturbing but they are so layered and intelligent that there is reason behind the more horrible moments.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the live octopuss scene in Old Boy yet. That was the worst part of the film for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What exactly happens with this fire extinguisher then ?
I'm intrigued.

:sits forward and strokes chin thoughtfully:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Chesney Christ 1 said:
Or him cutting off his own tongue? You don't directly see it but still.

Bit old hat though.

Kyd did that in The Spanish Tragedy and that was 400 years ago

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bad Taste from Peter Jackson is absolutely f***ing mental.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't mess with Derek

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" I'm a Derek and Derek's don't run. "

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Street Trash is quite amusing

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Easy 10 said:
What exactly happens with this fire extinguisher then ?
I'm intrigued.

:sits forward and strokes chin thoughtfully:

A guy gets his head smashed in with a fire extinguisher, to the piont where you see his skull and face collapsing. Its done with CGI and is extremely realistic.

Also thought Saw was pretty gruesome. Another film that had moments was the Exorcist, especially when they do the spinal tap.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Les Biehn said:
A guy gets his head smashed in with a fire extinguisher, to the piont where you see his skull and face collapsing. Its done with CGI and is extremely realistic.
Maybe its my mind then, but I thought it would involve ramming the extinguisher hose up someones arse and setting it off, till their stomach bloats to grotesque proportions and eventually explodes, scattering entrails and excretia everywhere.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Easy 10 said:
Maybe its my mind then, but I thought it would involve ramming the extinguisher hose up someones arse and setting it off, till their stomach bloats to grotesque proportions and eventually explodes, scattering entrails and excretia everywhere.

Sounds like a Mr Creasote but done from the other end.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be honest any actual film of the Concentation Camps is about as horrific as you can get because it's real.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Lokki 7 said:
Firstly, that rape scene was horrific and unnecessarily long. How can you call that entertainment? Secondly, if someone did that to my missus I would not hesitate to do that to them with a fire extinguisher. In fact that would be over too quickly for my liking and I am arguably a decent and normal person.

I agree entirely.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
bhaexpress said:
To be honest any actual film of the Concentation Camps is about as horrific as you can get because it's real.

Ditto a couple of films that we have to sit through. One on battlefield medical techniques - traumatic amputations, crush injuries, head shots, shoulders that have been turned to mincemeat by shotguns, injuries from landmines (foot activated and jump-ups), open fractures, etc. Lots of people don't last past a couple of minutes. Most of them get out when we start getting to "finger in the artery" techniques, or people that are so badly burnt they feel no pain.

And the Fire Brigade Bradford disaster film. People who are not burning in the stand until they walk into the air, the old bloke who was beaten to death by well-meaning people trying to put him out.

Yep, pretty sick, and no CGI either.

Jul 20, 2003
the end 'montage' in "Requiem for a dream" freaks me out.

do you see what I've done their, I've used the term 'montage' in the context of film criticicm thereby demonstrating that I know what I'm on about

Anyway, it's a genuine rollercoaster of a movie and does exactly what it says on the tin

I give it 8.2/10

damn, ruined it now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here