Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most horrific film ever?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Albion Dan said:

Has anyone seen that Italian film Salo about some Nazis who kidknap soem italians and make them do some seriously ill stuff? Generally though to be the worst of them all but not seen that either.

I have. I remember that it was deemed too horrific for an X certificate so the cinema made everyone join a club to watch it. It's easily the most disturbing film I've ever seen - I had bad dreams for days after seeing it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I didn't think oldboy was that bad personally.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Irreversible is the most shocking film i've ever seen.

The scene with the fire extinguiser is incredible and the 9 minute rape scene is imposible to watch (though not as graphic as people claim).

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gwylan said:
I have. I remember that it was deemed too horrific for an X certificate so the cinema made everyone join a club to watch it. It's easily the most disturbing film I've ever seen - I had bad dreams for days after seeing it.
What made it so bad?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
the right footed denilson said:

The scene with the fire extinguiser is incredible and the 9 minute rape scene is imposible to watch (though not as graphic as people claim).

I must admit the rape was bad but not as graphic as I thought it would be (apart from the beating) but the fire extinguisher was bad, bad, bad. Most horrific thing I have ever seen. :sick:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Cheeky Monkey said:
With Leguizamo as an avatar I don't think you're in any position to critique films mate!
:p

Thats not Leguizamo, its Benny Blanco.:angry:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
The fire extinguisher scene was gruesome and incredibly graphic, Irreversible is a cracking film though.

I watched Straw Dogs over the weekend, apparently that was banned in the UK for a while, anyone know why? I thought it was relatively tame, but I suppose standards have changed since it was made.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
the right footed denilson said:

The scene with the fire extinguiser is incredible

You see that, to me, is what made the film so good. How could such a normal, decent person end up doing that?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
lost in london said:

I watched Straw Dogs over the weekend, apparently that was banned in the UK for a while, anyone know why? I thought it was relatively tame, but I suppose standards have changed since it was made.

Think mainly for the rape scene, a lot of which was eventually edited out I believe.

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
Wiazard of Oz when Dorothy throws the water over the wicked witch of the west.

Scary stuff

:eek: :eek:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Les Biehn said:
What made it so bad?

I don't think that it was the sexual violence, the torture, the coprophagia or any one thing in particular.

It was the non-stop humiliation and degradation of human beings that got to me. It was like watching a 90-minute violent rape.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
In Salo you watch as a people are forced to eat their own excrement to the amusement of Nazi guards. its meant to be very grim.

eastlondonseagull said:
You see that, to me, is what made the film so good. How could such a normal, decent person end up doing that?

Firstly, that rape scene was horrific and unnecessarily long. How can you call that entertainment? Secondly, if someone did that to my missus I would not hesitate to do that to them with a fire extinguisher. In fact that would be over too quickly for my liking and I am arguably a decent and normal person.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Albion Dan said:
In Salo you watch as a people are forced to eat their own excrement to the amusement of Nazi guards. its meant to be very grim.

According to the IMDB's "trivia" on this film, the poo was made out of chocolate and marmalade. So it tasted a bit like a Terry's Chocolate Orange really. That's not so bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here