Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most famous person you have met, shook hands with and a chat

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I met Harry Rednapp at ascot races, never noticed his constant twitching in facial expressions up until this moment and also met Katie Price whilst she was in bed staying at her mums house, door was open to her bedroom but assume this is always the case:smile:

Spotted at Brighton races many times with his wife. She always looked seriously piffed off !!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
well jealous, love those girls, met them years back after a gig at brighton centre, mmmmm......................

Might have even been the same night. I had my birthday at the old Underground (under Swifts, I think it's the Standard now unless it's changed names yet again). I used to DJ there and a few of us had our birthdays around the same time (me, one of the other DJs, Party Paul in the cloakroom and Shah, one of the Iranians who ran the place) so we had a big party in September and all our mates, along with regulars, got free invites. Babes were playing the same night (can't remember where, but it would probably have been the Event or the East Wing at the center) and came over afterwards.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
On the sports side, I was a spectator marshal at the Goodwood Festival of Speed for about three years on the trot in the early 2000s and there was always drinks for the contestants and marshalls afterwards. I met Stirling Moss, Phil Hill, Jack Brabham and Lord March himself. I also met and shook hands with some of the Williams pit crew and held the steering wheel of that years Formula 1 car. Surely that counts as shaking hands with the car?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It is difficult to define famous, some of them I have never heard of:

Bill Oddie
Charlie Dimmock
Desmond Morris (whilst still famous)

and the most impressive, but I cannot remember her name, so maybe she is not so famous now: Sarah Kennedy (TV)

Leo Sayer (when he was Gerry Sayer, before he we was famous)
Mick Taylor (guitarist: became famous afterwards)

and if you are young you will never heard of any of them.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Ive just realised, whilst on duty at windsor castle the queen walked past and said hello, got to be a winner
i called the queen SIR when i was queens guard for her silver jubilee.
i was a 17 yo baby marine then and panicked when she spoke to me.

not shaken hands with...but stood on the feet of, mushtaq ahmed and chris ewbank

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Bruce Forsyth (appeared on Generation Game)
Esther Rantzen (Pilot show)
Henry Kelly (outside the Metropole Hotel)
Will Carling (Quadrant pub)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Had the pleasure of meeting Freddie Flintoff, Vaughan, Collingwood and getting a photo done as Gatwick as they were flying out to the Carribean, they were in the BA lounge to which I have access, all the team were good as gold apart from Panasar who refused a young boy an autograph, to which he then cried and his dad got the hump.
Have also shook hands with Brian Lara at Gatwick, another true gent.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Had a drink with Owen Wilson, ben stiller and steve coogan on same table!

Lindsey Lohan

Paris Hilton

Ronaldo

Was sat next to cast of friends at Beverly hills hotel

Lennox Lewis and kravitz in miami

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Princess Diana
Queen Elizabeth II
Pope John Paul II
Pat Jennings

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
David Villa
Jamie Redknapp
Scott Parker
Solomon Kalou

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I've remembered another one. I said hello to Bob Hoskins once in the Deli that used to be on School Hill in Lewes. I think he used to live in East Chiltington. He smiled at me and said "hello there, how ya doing" (when I wanted him to say "Razors - cut im!").

Attachments

• Bob Hoskins (4).jpg
    Bob Hoskins (4).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 141

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
I'm not usually one to be overly abusive and I (might) apologise if either he turns out to be someone hugely impressive OR it's a joke that's going over my head but is it just me that thinks this "guess who I am - there's a clue there somewhere" game by Bobby Smith is the act of a self absorbed arrogant tw*t?

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
The most famous probably Ken Livingstone, surprisingly very charismatic. The nicest famous/ish person I've met is Maggie Philbin, a real charmer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
she shook my hand when she came to visit us in south armagh in 1983, doesnt compare to ali or osgood though !!

She visited my uni in 89, she had some role as head of Women in Engineering or something. I spoke to her, well hurled some obscenities in her direction from a safe distance. She did not shake my hand :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here