Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Signings this week...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Painter's positioning and reading of the game were second to none. I am perfectly happy to have him as LB next season. A solid and purposeful defender. I doubt we'll be able to have him and Caldes up and down the pitch as wildly as last year, but they were well above League 1 standard and shall continue to be that.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Painter's positioning and reading of the game were second to none. I am perfectly happy to have him as LB next season. A solid and purposeful defender. I doubt we'll be able to have him and Caldes up and down the pitch as wildly as last year, but they were well above League 1 standard and shall continue to be that.

correct:guitar:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'd say a centre back, perhaps a left back (maybe just as cover). Alongside a creative midfielder, Lansbury being ideal.

Isn't that Ben Sampayo bloke from Chelsea academy a defender? Must surely be good enough to at least cover?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Isn't that Ben Sampayo bloke from Chelsea academy a defender? Must surely be good enough to at least cover?

Sampayo is a left back so I think we just need a centre half, right back cover, left winger and a creative midfielder and then bring it on!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
errrrr did you watch Painter last season? I still have the image in my head of him defending 1 on 1 against Hudds i think it was, making an incredible last ditch tackle and Gus bowing down to Paints.
I assume that was at home to Huddersfield, Painter was immense that day. The winger against him looked quick and skillful, right up to the point he got to Painter. Every time.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't know if woodgate has, but Hargreaves has.

http://www.youtube.com/user/owenhargreavescb

I thought Hargreaves had given up the ghost and retired - or was it just that United cancelled his contract. I can't imagine we would be after Woodgate unless he is able to prove himself physically. Hes' been really unlucky, he should have kept Terry out of the England squad all these years and done us all a favour.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Giovani Dos Santos, had a loan spell at Ipswich in the Championship before, has been loaned out from Spurs a few times, If we can't get KLL then we should look into this, just a hope from myself.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Giovani Dos Santos, had a loan spell at Ipswich in the Championship before, has been loaned out from Spurs a few times, If we can't get KLL then we should look into this, just a hope from myself.

Likely to head back La Liga I think. Scored a stunning goal for Mexico last week, I believe.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus Andy Naylor
Welcome back! Still at the office. See Tues Argus for exclusives with Gus and CMS, LuaLua latest, plus big signing getting his kit on.

Anyone read the Argus today? LuaLua latest?

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
dingodan; Anyone read the Argus today? LuaLua latest?[/QUOTE said:
KLL latest = doubtful :(

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Poyet will probably play his 4-3-3 with CMS focal point. We currently have Noone, Buckley and Hoskins who can play either side of him. Hoskins will be class cutting in from the left onto his right. He did it against us twice in the away match and I'm sure that's why he's been purchased. If we can get KLL that'll give us another option with his speed and directness. It'll also give us competition, 2 from the left and 2 from the right. We have CMS, barnes and bergkamp up front!! Poyet has always said he wants 2 for every position so if Navarro doesn't resign another holding mid needed to compete with bridcutt (woods is linked). We do need a versatile full back, an experienced centre half who knows championship. Finally a box to box midfielder to compete with sparrow (Lansbury linked) and different player to dicker.

Personally I'd love a keeper but poyet is happy with his 3. FB, CB, DM,CM & KLL = 5 more signings!!

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Poyet will probably play his 4-3-3 with CMS focal point. We currently have Noone, Buckley and Hoskins who can play either side of him. Hoskins will be class cutting in from the left onto his right. He did it against us twice in the away match and I'm sure that's why he's been purchased. If we can get KLL that'll give us another option with his speed and directness. It'll also give us competition, 2 from the left and 2 from the right. We have CMS, barnes and bergkamp up front!! Poyet has always said he wants 2 for every position so if Navarro doesn't resign another holding mid needed to compete with bridcutt (woods is linked). We do need a versatile full back, an experienced centre half who knows championship. Finally a box to box midfielder to compete with sparrow (Lansbury linked) and different player to dicker.

Personally I'd love a keeper but poyet is happy with his 3. FB, CB, DM,CM & KLL = 5 more signings!!

Id agree with this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
woodgate and cms look similar ?

woodgate_415x275.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here