Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Signings this week...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Not sure re 2 full backs. Inigo is class. Paints is class. I'd say more like 1 versatile full back who can pressure them both...
That will never happen. We are not going to find someone good enough to cover both positions, without wanting to make one of them his own. We need a right back to presure the right back, and a left back to presure the left back. The only other way would be a central defender/full back, and a right or left fall back, but I think Lord Poyet will go for both a right back and a left back , two players not one.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Poyet will probably play his 4-3-3 with CMS focal point. We currently have Noone, Buckley and Hoskins who can play either side of him. Hoskins will be class cutting in from the left onto his right. He did it against us twice in the away match and I'm sure that's why he's been purchased. If we can get KLL that'll give us another option with his speed and directness. It'll also give us competition, 2 from the left and 2 from the right. We have CMS, barnes and bergkamp up front!! Poyet has always said he wants 2 for every position so if Navarro doesn't resign another holding mid needed to compete with bridcutt (woods is linked). We do need a versatile full back, an experienced centre half who knows championship. Finally a box to box midfielder to compete with sparrow (Lansbury linked) and different player to dicker.

Personally I'd love a keeper but poyet is happy with his 3. FB, CB, DM,CM & KLL = 5 more signings!!

Great summary mate.

Agree with this.

Poyet will chop and change depending the opposition anyway

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can everyone stop going on about Woodgate. He couldnt be further from what we need. Injury prone, fragile and would command too much in wages.

I cant remember the last time he played a game?[/QUOTE]

In so doing you obviously forget how good he is/was if fit. If he has over come his injurys he would be more than adequate for us but perhaps not for a side pushing for the Premiership top 4. We also needa younger version of Tanno who is comfortable at either full back position. The other man I would like to see on loan is Jermain Jenas, he would be class for us in this division.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the "doubtfull" concerning Kazenga is a little sad but i still think he will play for us this season perhaps on loan initially with a option to buy perhaps if he proves his fitness

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No signings today?

Where is our ambition? :jester:

JoeBHAFC

Jun 12, 2011
South West London
we need, full back cover, experienced centre back (e.g. naylor released by Leeds), Centre mid (Jack cork, or lansbury, or livermore), another winger (KLL) and thats that.

Ankregen
Calderon - El-Abd - Greer - Painter
Buckley - Bridcutt - Dicker/Cork/lansbury - Noone/KLL
CMS - Hoskins/Barnes

subs: Brez, Elphick/naylor, Full back cover/taricco, Sparrow, Noone (if we sign KLL), Berkamp/ barnes

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
we need, full back cover, experienced centre back (e.g. naylor released by Leeds), Centre mid (Jack cork, or lansbury, or livermore), another winger (KLL) and thats that.

Ankregen
Calderon - El-Abd - Greer - Painter
Buckley - Bridcutt - Dicker/Cork/lansbury - Noone/KLL
CMS - Hoskins/Barnes

subs: Brez, Elphick/naylor, Full back cover/taricco, Sparrow, Noone (if we sign KLL), Berkamp/ barnes

Signed for Southampton.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Poyet will probably play his 4-3-3 with CMS focal point. We currently have Noone, Buckley and Hoskins who can play either side of him. Hoskins will be class cutting in from the left onto his right. He did it against us twice in the away match and I'm sure that's why he's been purchased. If we can get KLL that'll give us another option with his speed and directness. It'll also give us competition, 2 from the left and 2 from the right. We have CMS, barnes and bergkamp up front!! Poyet has always said he wants 2 for every position so if Navarro doesn't resign another holding mid needed to compete with bridcutt (woods is linked). We do need a versatile full back, an experienced centre half who knows championship. Finally a box to box midfielder to compete with sparrow (Lansbury linked) and different player to dicker.

Personally I'd love a keeper but poyet is happy with his 3. FB, CB, DM,CM & KLL = 5 more signings!!

Good post. Can't fault that! :thumbsup:

Don't think we will get Lansbury - I still expect him to sign for Norwich if he goes anywhere - but a similar player from one of the big clubs. I also think we will sign Garvan as an "extra" so make that 6 signings still to come?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That will never happen. We are not going to find someone good enough to cover both positions, without wanting to make one of them his own. We need a right back to presure the right back, and a left back to presure the left back. The only other way would be a central defender/full back, and a right or left fall back, but I think Lord Poyet will go for both a right back and a left back , two players not one.

Why not, is there not a younger Tanno about nearing the end of his career. Tanno is comfortable at either full back position as cover but is now probably too old. So a similar type player aged about 3 or 4 years younger would be ideal.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Can everyone stop going on about Woodgate. He couldnt be further from what we need. Injury prone, fragile and would command too much in wages.

I cant remember the last time he played a game?[/QUOTE]

In so doing you obviously forget how good he is/was if fit. If he has over come his injurys he would be more than adequate for us but perhaps not for a side pushing for the Premiership top 4. We also needa younger version of Tanno who is comfortable at either full back position. The other man I would like to see on loan is Jermain Jenas, he would be class for us in this division.

Yes but the key is if he is fit.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Cork to Southampton - appears to be only as done a deal as CMS to Leicester was :jester:

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Cork to SCC not done by any stretch. Apparently Notts Forest have also lodged a bid.
Would love us to swoop 'CMS style' as he can pretty much play anywhere across the back and holding midfield. Would cover alot of bases for us.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Why not, is there not a younger Tanno about nearing the end of his career. Tanno is comfortable at either full back position as cover but is now probably too old. So a similar type player aged about 3 or 4 years younger would be ideal.
But that sort of player is going to want all the play time he can get before he hangs his boots up, and isn't going to want to cover a player. The reason Tano was so good, is that he was on the staff, and covering the positions was a bonus. You are not going to find an older player who is going to cover positions, as they will want to play. I think we will sign 2 players, one for each position.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cork to SCC not done by any stretch. Apparently Notts Forest have also lodged a bid.
Would love us to swoop 'CMS style' as he can pretty much play anywhere across the back and holding midfield. Would cover alot of bases for us.

You'd have to laugh if we nicked him from such a big club :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here