Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Signings this week...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Oh let me throw Wright Phillips into the pot. Live the dream until a mild gloom descends upon us on Friday pm...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can everyone stop going on about Woodgate. He couldnt be further from what we need. Injury prone, fragile and would command too much in wages.

I cant remember the last time he played a game?

Surely, "injury prone", "fragile" and being unable to remember "the last time he played a game" would all add up to him NOT being able to command much in wages.

Someone will give him a pay-per-play deal, and will probably get 6-8 games out of him. Shame, as he was absolutely top class.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
errrrr did you watch Painter last season? I still have the image in my head of him defending 1 on 1 against Hudds i think it was, making an incredible last ditch tackle and Gus bowing down to Paints. Our most underated player, clearly...

Lat season he was our most consistant performer. Always guaranteed a 7/10. I think hes too slow and physically league 1 is his level. We'll have to wait and see next season but i think he'll struggle

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Surely, "injury prone", "fragile" and being unable to remember "the last time he played a game" would all add up to him NOT being able to command much in wages.

Someone will give him a pay-per-play deal, and will probably get 6-8 games out of him. Shame, as he was absolutely top class.

His last game was against AC Milan.

BBC Sport - Football - AC Milan 0-1 Tottenham

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
errrrr did you watch Painter last season? I still have the image in my head of him defending 1 on 1 against Hudds i think it was, making an incredible last ditch tackle and Gus bowing down to Paints....

He stood up to the attacker and then sent a pinpoint perfect diagonal cross ball which set up a counter attack which we were unlucky not to score from. I think we then scored from the resulting corner / throw. Top player all season IMHO

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I dont think Painter is class and i think he will be our weak link this season. Slow and will struggle physically against the faster stronger wingers in the Championship.

I comprohensivly DISAGREE with this quote, every defender gets caught out occassionally and yes THEY ALL MAKE MISTAKES at some stage in a game/season, its how you deal with those and he is up there with the best we have ever had, his reading of a game is second to none and his passing ability is also very high which is crucial to todays's full backs, I actually think his game will be more suited to the championship than it was for League 1, for us to sign someone better would be astounding.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gus clearly wants the majority of his squad in place before they go off to Portugal and what Gus wants he seems to get

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Its Woodgate, friend who works at AMEX saw him coming out in a BMW Friday

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I dont think Painter is class and i think he will be our weak link this season. Slow and will struggle physically against the faster stronger wingers in the Championship.

Surely :fishing: either that or you did not go to many games last season, Painter would be the first name on my team sheet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here