Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More breaking news at 7.30 via twitter! - Vicente returns (merged)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bloody hell, if anyone ever needs their parade pissing on kevtherev is your man.

The quotes from Gus and from Brian Owen on Twitter (as posted elsewhere in this thread) all point to Vicente being happy to be here and basically raring to go, yet still you feel the need to be miserable.

It never ceases to amaze me on here that someone will find a negative slant on every single f***ing thing. I honestly believe that if the day comes when we win the Champions League you'll still find someone on here moaning because it took them a while to get a pie at halftime in the final or something.

Painful innit, so much handwringing.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
If the Bridge signing did have an influence and changed Vicente's mind does that make it a swing bridge?
I for one think this is brilliant and can only be positive for the club can't wait for the season to start.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Imagine this.....
Kusczcak collects the ball, he throws it out wide to Wayne Bridge, Bridge forwards to the half way line, he cuts the ball inside to Vicente who dances forwards, past 1 then 2, Vicente plays a through ball to (insert gem striker) who scores!!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We just need to sign a "San"

san_vicente_bridge_sign_by_sings_with_spirits-d38pcsa.jpg

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The actual season is going to be easy for Gus compared to preseason, he must be working his nuts off. :bowdown:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Imagine this.....
Kusczcak collects the ball, he throws it out wide to Wayne Bridge, Bridge forwards to the half way line, he cuts the ball inside to Vicente who dances forwards, past 1 then 2, Vicente plays a through ball to (insert gem striker) who scores!!!

very poor effort Mr Freeman!

Zaha aimlessly tries another run forward, Bridcutt hits him hard wins the ball(even though he goes down like he's been shot) , diaganol pass back to Saltor, sideways to Greer, Back to Saltor, diaganol pass back to Kusczak, forward to El Abd, sideways pass to Bridge, Bridge forwards to the half way line, he cuts the ball inside to Noone, Noone skins 2, and plays ball inside to Vicente, a deft fade and turn, passes it out to Buckley who dances past Parr, and slips in an angled pass back to the edge of the area where Vicente hits the ball first time with the outside of his boot to the Gem at the back post who rises above a hapless Palace CB and guides it across goal to CMS, even he can't miss with this 2 yard open goal. Speroni turns and picks the ball out the net and boots it awayin disgust, and not for the first time this evening.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I cant take the credit chaps it was actually a Plymouth fan called Jay who came up with the phrase, tis rather appropriate though imo :lol:
As opposed to the Gaylacticos which some kind palace fans christened us with.

:)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I now expect a forward player to be announced next-Gus has worked from the back so far-good times

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bloody hell, if anyone ever needs their parade pissing on kevtherev is your man.

The quotes from Gus and from Brian Owen on Twitter (as posted elsewhere in this thread) all point to Vicente being happy to be here and basically raring to go, yet still you feel the need to be miserable.

It never ceases to amaze me on here that someone will find a negative slant on every single f***ing thing. I honestly believe that if the day comes when we win the Champions League you'll still find someone on here moaning because it took them a while to get a pie at halftime in the final or something.

So in a nutshell, you don't find it a bit strange how a couple of days ago, it was all doom and gloom and now everything is rosy in the garden...I'm over the moon Vicente is back, I just don't buy all this happy families crap....I will be even happier when I see him on the pitch and weaving his magic.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The upset/bitterness (when we thought he was off), was because a creator like that is hard to find, willing to come to championship club.

With the feeling too of job only 1/3 done, as he came good at the end after shrugging off injuries; therefore we were keen to see a full season of his genius.

In contrast, Mattock quality players are 10 a penny, relative to our excellent budget.

Spimunk

Jun 17, 2011
West Sussex
After all the rumours, doubts and the general saga, it's almost like another signing......except this time we know what the player is capable of in the blue and white stripes!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I always thought he was going to stay, until the last couple of days, and the lack of news made me expec the worst. Im unbelievably havppy.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Imagine this.....
Imagine this.....
Kusczcak collects the ball, he throws it out wide to Wayne Bridge, Bridge forwards to the half way line, he cuts the ball inside to Vicente who dances forwards, past 1 then 2, Vicente plays a through ball to CMS who scores!!!

We have a gem of a striker already in CMS. We just need to play to his strengths, and I think we will next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here