Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Molango in Saturday's Squad

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
If Maheta's got any sense, he'll treat this as a debut, should he make the pitch, and try to make a bloody impact.

Frankly, if he scores with his first touch and then disappears again, if it helps us pick up three points on Saturday, I'll be reasonably happy. He's been out on loan for so much of his time with us that it's not like we've carried him financially for the whole time.

It may seem like a very, very long time ago, but the way he took his goal at Reading suggested he knows where the bloody goal is, if he can just get the bastard ball under control in the first place to hit it towards it.

1066gull

If he doesn't do something in the first 30 seconds, take him off.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Don't see anyone yet who suggests that this is just a PR exercise to put MM in the shop window - I think his contract runs out next summer so if we want to get any dosh for him we will want to shift him in the Jan sales - need to stir some interest first.

just an alternative view like ....

I hope it gets a hatrick on saturday and become the striker we have been missing for these past 2 years.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You and me too Shropshire, I would like to see him bag a brace at Yeovil on Tuesday, the last time I saw the Albion win was away against Rotherham in the 04/05 season...due a win.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Adriodinho said:
If he doesn't do something in the first 30 seconds, take him off.

I don't think he'll even get that long. He's only travelling with the squad and I can't see Wilkins picking him on the bench instead of Robinson - unless he puts them both on the bench of course.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
Well yes, I suppose it is a mid-table strikeforce, whih in itself is not a disaster. But, I think a few areas of our team are actually pretty good, and a decent striker would easily take us from mid-table to challengers. So, although mid-table is not a problem, if playing Hart upfront instead of someone else (god knows who though) is holding us back then it is a problem. Hart may well have got the Orient player sent off last week, and he will always be good for things like this, but I am talking about a different type of striker who will actually impose a threat on goal - that's not Hart. I think he needs a return to midfield personally.

That is very sensible... I think the club realise this, but just can't seem to get the striker we need in... one thing tho'... I would like them to start talking about getting in a striker who can actually score a decent number of goals... for me, the guy doesn't have to be a 6'5" "target man"... MM has, thankfully, left...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
MM on the bench!... wow!...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here