Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Molango in Saturday's Squad

Kinky Gerbils said:
Cant do much worse can he?

Yeah I think he could. OGH and Revell work their bollocks off, even though they are journeymen. What we don't need is a journeyman with no physical presence.

Fragmented Badger said:
I like Hart, and you are right, he does work his bollocks off. However, he never looks like scoring a goal or even threatening the opposition. I like to see him in the team, but if he remains as a central striker all season we have a problem.

"A problem" only if you regard midtable as a problem, which I know many might do. OGH started Orient's slide last week by reducing them to 10 men.

Oct 25, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
Well yes, I suppose it is a mid-table strikeforce, whih in itself is not a disaster. But, I think a few areas of our team are actually pretty good, and a decent striker would easily take us from mid-table to challengers. So, although mid-table is not a problem, if playing Hart upfront instead of someone else (god knows who though) is holding us back then it is a problem. Hart may well have got the Orient player sent off last week, and he will always be good for things like this, but I am talking about a different type of striker who will actually impose a threat on goal - that's not Hart. I think he needs a return to midfield personally.

i think we both know who the solution is

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Yeah I think he could. OGH and Revell work their bollocks off, even though they are journeymen. What we don't need is a journeyman with no physical presence.

How many goals do you think they will get between them this year?

No bile in question, just interested.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
So Wilkins has to drop three players, will it be?

Rents

cant decide on the others, but likely Robinson because of Molango?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We need to give Robinson a proper run. He WILL score goals.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have always thought that Maheta could become a cult figure at the Albion, as someone pointed out above, at least D-squared are thinking of giving him a chance to prove himself.

Come on Maheta, prove your detractors wrong, score some goals!

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
I believe 19 squad members are travelling to Carlisle

I think they are :-

GK : (2) Kuipers, Henderson

Def: (6) Mayo, Lynch, El-Abd, Butters, Santos, Rents,

Mid: (7) Reid, Frutos, Hammond, Carpenter, Loft, Cox, Fraser

Att: (4) Hart, Revell, Robinson, Molango

but could possibly be Elphick instead of Rents

Kinky Gerbils said:
How many goals do you think they will get between them this year?

No bile in question, just interested.

Revell 10-15?
OGH 8-10?

Not enough I know to push us into the play-offs but their selfless work does create space for the midfielders to do their stuff.

I agree with what F Badger says about a higher standard striker taking us near the play-offs. Just don't think Malongo is the man, and I'll sit on the fence about Robinson.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
For once there seem a lot of us in agreement, we are only a half decent striker away from being a play-off contender, but isn't that always the case. Our midfield produces a fair number of goals, with the odd contribution from defence, a 20+ goals a season striker would make us a fairly decent outfit.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Robert Lester Zamora said:
I believe 19 squad members are travelling to Carlisle

I think they are :-

GK : (2) Kuipers, Henderson

Def: (6) Mayo, Lynch, El-Abd, Butters, Santos, Rents,

Mid: (7) Reid, Frutos, Hammond, Carpenter, Loft, Cox, Fraser

Att: (4) Hart, Revell, Robinson, Molango

but could possibly be Elphick instead of Rents
Interesting that Henderson is back in the fold....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here