Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Molango in Saturday's Squad

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, if he's good enough for Oldham and Lincoln, then he's.....

....oh, hang on.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Fragmented Badger said:
Absolutely. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot:(

I'm renwing my vigil at my Turienzo shrine in the hope that he will hear my prayers and return in a blaze of glory, riding a white charger onto the Withdean pitch to rapturous, nay hysterical, applause. He will then proceed to tear League One defences asunder across the nation, procuring himself fourscore and three goals before lifting the League One Trophy AND FA Cup aloft over his tousled locks in front of an ocean of adoring masses.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Taylor159370 said:
Is Gary Hart injured now then ??? I know Joe Gatting is.

Yeah, he's injured. That's why he's in the squad travelling to Carlisle :jester:

Robert Lester Zamora said:
I believe 19 squad members are travelling to Carlisle

I think they are :-

GK : (2) Kuipers, Henderson

Def: (6) Mayo, Lynch, El-Abd, Butters, Santos, Rents,

Mid: (7) Reid, Frutos, Hammond, Carpenter, Loft, Cox, Fraser

Att: (4) Hart, Revell, Robinson, Molango

but could possibly be Elphick instead of Rents

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Revell 10-15?
OGH 8-10?

Not enough I know to push us into the play-offs but their selfless work does create space for the midfielders to do their stuff.

I agree with what F Badger says about a higher standard striker taking us near the play-offs. Just don't think Malongo is the man, and I'll sit on the fence about Robinson.

I would say 12 between them.

I think I made the point earlier about Malongo, even if he turns out to be gash its good to see Wilkins giving everyone a chance.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gully said:
For once there seem a lot of us in agreement, we are only a half decent striker away from being a play-off contender, but isn't that always the case. Our midfield produces a fair number of goals, with the odd contribution from defence, a 20+ goals a season striker would make us a fairly decent outfit.

The key to this league is simple .

Solid defence and a 20 goal a year forward.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think OGH and Revell are good for about 8-11 goals each. However I think Jakey is good for 15-18. I realise the other two work their bollocks off but if we had a team of those players then we would struggle. Somehow we need to augment one of these two with Jake so as to get more goals coming in.

Li is right in saying they do bring others into play but you do become predictable when you have these type of players upfront. Somone like Jakey would put more defences on the back foot purely because of his movement and finishing.

I would say Maheta is obviously not the answer, but I have seen some things from Revell that suggest if he improves on his movement and technique he could really up his game.

Him and Jake are the future I tell thee.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbils said:
I would say 12 between them.

I think I made the point earlier about Malongo, even if he turns out to be gash its good to see Wilkins giving everyone a chance.

Is it good really? I mean Wilkins and White must know what Molango can do, they will have seen him for the whole time that he's been at the club. Should we not be playing him in the reserves to see what form he's in rather than throwing him into a reasonably settled first team? I just don't see what he can offer that Robinson doesn't already provide.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Is it good really? I mean Wilkins and White must know what Molango can do, they will have seen him for the whole time that he's been at the club. Should we not be playing him in the reserves to see what form he's in rather than throwing him into a reasonably settled first team? I just don't see what he can offer that Robinson doesn't already provide.

He may have been doing something in training that has earnt him the chance, I guess. Maybe he has finally developed a first touch.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Perhaps the Deans want to mix things up a little, how many of our opponents will know anything about him, if we haven't a clue about what he is capable of how the hell will they?

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Molango must be in the squad after the torrid time he gave Paul Stevens in the friendly at Broadbridge Heath.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gully said:
Perhaps the Deans want to mix things up a little, how many of our opponents will know anything about him, if we haven't a clue about what he is capable of how the hell will they?
I can picture the scene now:

Carlisle centrebacks: "Uh oh, never heard of this bloke, what do we do? WHAT DO WE DO??"

*Molango stands 10 yards offside, mis-controls ball*

Last edited:

Silent Bob said:
I can picture the scene now:

Carlisle centrebacks: "Uh oh, never heard of this bloke, what do we do? WHAT DO WE DO??"

*Molango stands 10 yards offside, mis-controls ball*

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here