Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
10/10 tackling, positioning and match nous.

Just needs to learn accurate passing to become the complete DM.

Fairly brutal in the tackle today. NU players started off by cheating when tackled, rolling around in faux pain … which died once the ref got things right.

I thought the ref was good at handling the rolling around by Newcastle players….good to see a player getting a yellow for diving as well…if only he’d carded Wilson before he went off, I’d have given him nine out of ten

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
A few stray passes today, but what impressed me was that he never let his head drop and he worked hard to recover those stray passes when he could. A 20 year old is going to make mistakes but he’s showing he’s wise beyond his years with his attitude.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Was watching the Sky analysis after the ManU game and female pundit said that Caicedo is exactly the type of midfielder ManU need and asked why they can't find these 'gems'.

None of the others knew/pointed out that they were in for him but gave up and so we got him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I absolutely love him. The fact that this kid is putting in this type of performance, having been (not just) in the EPL for 5 minutes, but in Europe for a little over a year, is mindblowing. He's 20!

Its already quite obvious this young man is going to be an absolute star. Athleticism, determination, reading of the game, tackling without being reckless, passing, positional intelligence and just that attitude, belief. The fact this chap has come here from South America and taken to the EPL like a duck to water at his age, speaks volumes. He is going to be Bissouma on steroids. Very, very excited to see how he develops this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Bissouma was the basic model, Caicedo is be the Sport model, shame I feel we need to appreciate him while we have him

Agreed, as was said by someone about Cucu - enjoy him while you can, he’ll be gone next season

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Agreed, as was said by someone about Cucu - enjoy him while you can, he’ll be gone next season
This is all well and good but right now we don’t have a LWB and as far as I can tell no replacement for Caceido it’s impossible for the conveyer belt to run that fast.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is all well and good but right now we don’t have a LWB and as far as I can tell no replacement for Caceido it’s impossible for the conveyer belt to run that fast.

Agreed but if club like Albion finds and produces talent like that it’s inevitably going to be hoovered up by a Top 3 or top European club.

He has all the makings of a genuine world class superstar.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed but if club like Albion finds and produces talent like that it’s inevitably going to be hoovered up by a Top 3 or top European club.

He has all the makings of a genuine world class superstar.

He does, though didn’t think yesterday was his best performance (and he was still very good), passing a bit off in the first half.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which I expect will just be this year based on his progression. He has absolutely everything.

His first sublime tackle, about 2 minutes in, had me saying to Jnr:-

'we'll be lucky if he's still with us in September'.

Edit - there's this gem from The Express.

But the Seagulls may face a fight to keep him around for much longer, with several big-hitters eyeing a move in the coming weeks. According to the Sunday Mirror, Arsenal and United join West Ham United, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and Juventus in monitoring his situation.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here