Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
His first sublime tackle, about 2 minutes in, had me saying to Jnr:-

'we'll be lucky if he's still with us in September'.

Edit - there's this gem from The Express.

But the Seagulls may face a fight to keep him around for much longer, with several big-hitters eyeing a move in the coming weeks. According to the Sunday Mirror, Arsenal and United join West Ham United, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and Juventus in monitoring his situation.

Too early. I think we will sell him next Summer when his potential has turned into decent market value. For the moment the other clubs are likely hoping they can do that themselves and avoid paying big bucks next year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Too early. I think we will sell him next Summer when his potential has turned into decent market value. For the moment the other clubs are likely hoping they can do that themselves and avoid paying big bucks next year.

Of course, I :rolleyes: when I saw the piece.
I'm now unable to roll them back when I saw West Ham mentioned.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
His first sublime tackle, about 2 minutes in, had me saying to Jnr:-

'we'll be lucky if he's still with us in September'.

Edit - there's this gem from The Express.

But the Seagulls may face a fight to keep him around for much longer, with several big-hitters eyeing a move in the coming weeks. According to the Sunday Mirror, Arsenal and United join West Ham United, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and Juventus in monitoring his situation.
It's nonsense to think we would sell Bissouma's replacement 2 games into the season. Lol.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's very early in his BHA career and he's Biss's dynamite replacement.

But I really do hope that the recruitment dept are on their toes on this, that we're likely to sell him for Cucu-esque wonga next summer (or hopefully the one after) and they have HIS replacement in the pipeline.

Recruitment has been outstanding recently. I'm sure that they know this and are working on it, if he's not already here in the yoof.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Of course, I :rolleyes: when I saw the piece.
I'm now unable to roll them back when I saw West Ham mentioned.

I thought the same!

Some of the clickbait journalists really have no idea. Okay, make up a story that a club with an outside chance of getting that sort of signing over the line is having a look. But a club that has failed to buy a forward for two seasons is suddenly going to find enough cash to put on the table to get Tony Bloom interested? Do me a favour.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not going anywhere this summer.

Next summer? Maybe. Most likely, as a young player who is fairly new in the PL, his form will dip now and then, and this could keep him around for yet another year. If he keeps playing like he did against United and in the spring, he'll probably be gone next year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not going anywhere this summer.

Next summer? Maybe. Most likely, as a young player who is fairly new in the PL, his form will dip now and then, and this could keep him around for yet another year. If he keeps playing like he did against United and in the spring, he'll probably be gone next year.

Yep. Price we’d have on him for anyone to buy him now wouldn’t be met - he simply hasn’t played enough. By next summer it’ll be more obvious what he’s worth.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well at least your look fits your posts.

I'm so sorry for having one specific opinion that differs from yours.

Still another stranger following me around providing nothing other than shitting on me, a complete stranger is fine, if that's what you need to do to get by.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Tee hee, I love the Arsenal shopping list tosh. Apart from spending 3 years claiming Bissouma is definitely off to Arsenal, plus every other player on our books. Now it's definitely Caicedo. Then there's the 'Trossard available for as little as £18 million as he enters the last year of his contract!'. It's all lazy toss and annoyingly floods the internet and makes it hard to find the guff about who we're definitely buying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm so sorry for having one specific opinion that differs from yours.
:lol: It's nothing to do with one opinion, just a joke.

Still another stranger following me around
Following? Don't flatter yourself. I saw one post and replied to it.
providing nothing other than shitting on me
It was just a joke. Have you never said anything a bit cheeky to anyone on here?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
BBC today
“ Manchester United have joined a list of Premier League clubs, including Arsenal and West Ham, interested in signing Ecuador defensive midfielder Moises Caicedo, 20, from Brighton. (Mirror)”

Given our club’s apparent policy of , find’em, train ‘em and sell ‘em……..he will soon be gone (sigh)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
BBC today
“ Manchester United have joined a list of Premier League clubs, including Arsenal and West Ham, interested in signing Ecuador defensive midfielder Moises Caicedo, 20, from Brighton. (Mirror)”

Given our club’s apparent policy of , find’em, train ‘em and sell ‘em……..he will soon be gone (sigh)

The ‘BS’ indicator in the article is ‘West ham’.

I doubt we’d sell Moises for less than £70m given his age and potential. Only Manure would pay that and what player would want to move there?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The World Cup could double his price tag.

They just want an early bargain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here