Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Driving home, I caught Tim Vickery waxing lyrical about Caicedo for Ecuador in their qualifies on TS.

Says we are in for a treat.

He usually knows his stuff.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've watched him three or four times playing for Ecuador. He is a key player for them and at a young age too. However, he is a different type of midfielder to Bissouma; he isn't a Kante or Phillips type that plays in front of the central defenders. When I've seen him he plays a role similar to Lallana.

I think eventually Mwepu will play the Biss role, Caicedo will take over from Lallana, Mac takes over from Gross.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Moises Caicedo [Latest: recalled from Beerschot]

3 players sent off In First 25 min

Ok long VAR REVERSED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Really dramatic game this, despite the scoreline. Fights, overturned penalties...

Caicedo looks good but definitely raw. Needs to work on his decision making.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've watched him three or four times playing for Ecuador. He is a key player for them and at a young age too. However, he is a different type of midfielder to Bissouma; he isn't a Kante or Phillips type that plays in front of the central defenders. When I've seen him he plays a role similar to Lallana.

I think eventually Mwepu will play the Biss role, Caicedo will take over from Lallana, Mac takes over from Gross.
Defensive work is the worst part of Mwepu’s game by a long shot.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yep Mwepu is not a DM. Not even close.
It is strange that Caicedo was sent on loan given he’s been performing exceptionally against the likes of Argentina and Brazil for well over a year now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Defensive work is the worst part of Mwepu’s game by a long shot.

Bissouma wasn't exactly Kante in his first season either and spent most of his time bursting into attacking positions with no end product. Potter redeployed him in a more defensive role and he was never looked back, constantly improving his tackling and his temperament. I think he'll work the same magic with Mwepu.

Anyway, it looks like Caicedo wil be going to the World Cup and that will be good for him and the Albion.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bissouma wasn't exactly Kante in his first season either and spent most of his time bursting into attacking positions with no end product. Potter redeployed him in a more defensive role and he was never looked back, constantly improving his tackling and his temperament. I think he'll work the same magic with Mwepu.

Anyway, it looks like Caicedo wil be going to the World Cup and that will be good for him and the Albion.
Here’s hoping right now watching Mwepu play is a bit of a rollercoaster ride.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Wow, just seen on Twitter just how despised we are by Ecuadorians for recalling him then sitting him on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Wow, just seen on Twitter just how despised we are by Ecuadorians for recalling him then sitting him on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Tough shite....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Moises Caicedo [Latest: recalled from Beerschot]

Qualified for the World Cup so two players there for us

Edit - apparently not but can’t see how not as two teams below play each other ?!

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Qualified for the World Cup so two players there for us

Edit - apparently not but can’t see how not as two teams below play each other ?!

There are two rounds left. If Peru win out, and Uruguay win their last game (and Ecuador lose both of their games), fourth and fifth will come down to goal difference. Fourth qualifies, fifth goes to a playoff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here