Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So Caicedo then

Great that we've got him back. Let's get him in there and give him the experience he really needs. The white heat of the Premier League.

I'm increasingly coming to the view that our biggest two matches of the season are coming up soon. Palace, because we owe those pigs a hiding. And Tottenham in the cup, because we can win the cup.

The rest of the PL games, well, they're important because they are PL games, but when else are we going to give our youngsters half a season of PL football with virtually no risk of relegation? I'd be giving, Caicedo, Sarmiento, Ferguson, maybe Alzate the chance to gain serious PL experience over the next few months. Not all at once, but serious game time

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

Remember listening to Tim Vickery wax lyrical about Moises when we signed him. A journalist whose knowledge and experience of South American football is second to none in the English media (he lives in Brazil). In his opinion, he was the best talent in the whole of South America.

Am quite excited to see him play. Might take a year or so, but fingers crossed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It will take him time to get up to speed and to understand the way the game is played in the EPL.
Hopefully fans remember how long it took Bissouma to find his feet and give him the lattitude he will need

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Question has to be asked about what benefit he could have got from that loan? The only tangible benefit might be whether he can now speak a decent level of English

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Question has to be asked about what benefit he could have got from that loan? The only tangible benefit might be whether he can now speak a decent level of English

That would be a quite substantial benefit - and quite an achievement for the youg man if starting from scratch in just five months.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It will take him time to get up to speed and to understand the way the game is played in the EPL.
Hopefully fans remember how long it took Bissouma to find his feet and give him the lattitude he will need
.... or, he may just slot in relatively seamlessly...... who knows.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Watched 4 or 5 Ecuador games on the internet and he looks like he's going to be very special. Whilst loans make sense, players that work at length with Potter and his team do develope remarkably well. It can't be a coincidence that so many meh signings have became players West Ham supporting locksmiths on Wood street want to discuss with envy.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
When we signed him, I remember watching his showreel and thinking 'Christ, he's better than Bissouma'. Then reality struck, and I realised that the quality of the opposition in that showreel would have been one to two divisions lower than the PL.

Nevertheless, I believe this lad is the real deal. Possibly above all others. Time will tell of course, but now he's not in some Belgian backwater, but under the gaze and the guidance of BHAFC. He's in the best place, and under the best manager he could hope for to develop to his maximum potential. I will follow his progress with great interest.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Beer shift did seem a little strange move tbh. Disappointed it didn't work out for the lad but this was a bit of a cock up by the loans dept.

Let's get him back into the fold and see what magic Mr Potter can sprinkle on his boots.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Beer shift did seem a little strange move tbh. Disappointed it didn't work out for the lad but this was a bit of a cock up by the loans dept.

Let's get him back into the fold and see what magic Mr Potter can sprinkle on his boots.

Why didn’t it work out? He played and now we recall him either because bissouma is being sold or mwepu is out for more than a week or two. Plus Richard been loaned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Why didn’t it work out? He played and now we recall him either because bissouma is being sold or mwepu is out for more than a week or two. Plus Richard been loaned out.

He is back to cover Mwepu (injured) and Biss at AFCON

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Exactly. Sure Beerschot are shite but he got to play every week and adapt to how football is played in Europe, played against reasonably good opponents and spent about six months in a club where they speak English so probably improved that part of himself as well. Caicedo didnt go to Beerschot to make them good, he went there to develop.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Exactly. Sure Beerschot are shite but he got to play every week and adapt to how football is played in Europe, played against reasonably good opponents and spent about six months in a club where they speak English so probably improved that part of himself as well. Caicedo didnt go to Beerschot to make them good, he went there to develop.

This is a point that's often missed. Just because White got Leeds promoted doesn't make his loan more successful than, say, Sanchez at Forest Green. As long as the player learns and gets better, everybody wins. Personally, I'm hugely excited about Caicedo. He looks a real prospect and hopefully he'll get a run out v Spurs at the very least if ready

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

In addition Beerschot have a record of taking on and developing South American talents. I believe that was a big factor in sending him there.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Beerschott seem to have been through quite some upheaval with a change of manager mid season, they are marooned at the bottom of the league and recently had a 6-0 home drubbing which suggests all is not well. Moisés was often seen to be their best performer and yet he was often substituted, possibly as he doesn't yet have the stamina required to consistently play 90 minutes.
So, it probably wasn't the easiest 5 months for him.
Hopefully he will have developed through this loan and he will see his early return to the Albion as a very positive step. He does now need to show the management team what he can deliver. I really hope he gets some game time and he can be another option for us in the second half of the season and to take the place of Bissouma when he probably leaves in the summer.
He seems an incredibly humble and likeable lad, albeit a bit naive. Maybe his Beerschott move will have toughened him up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here