Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I watched the whole game and was very impressed by him . He is clearly very talented and can see him getting his first team chance at some stage early next season if not this .

Lots of players have the talent at 19, but not too many have the strength to be able to do it effectively in the PL. he looks to have both.

I agree, I watched a lot of the 2nd half and so much went through him in our build up play and even when he had opposition near him he seemed to have plenty of time. I can see why he mentioned Kante as a player he resembles

Jul 20, 2003
I watched the game, if he'd been playing for City I'd have been envious of mega rich clubs ability to snaffle up all the outstanding young players from around the world. I'm excited and I'm normally a right miserable sod.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
He looks strong as an ox, and makes it look easy turning 180 degrees and shifting the ball forward all in one movement.
The sooner we can secure Premier League safety, the sooner we'll be seeing him.

I'm already looking forward to our next U-23's game (at Chelsea next Sunday).

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There is no need to rush with this one.

A decent debut and some nice highlights. I thought he struggled at times with the pace of the game. He seems to really like a slide tackle, which is not going to work to his advantage the way games are refereed over here. He probably needs to do more off the ball as well. Plenty to work with here, but if you were looking for a Brighton Man of the Match Weir was excellent throughout, right up to the last couple of minutes where he was muscled off the ball for the 3rd City goal.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It’s exciting to see the development of the foreign players coming through.

From their first game to the latest, you really see the intelligence of their footballing brains develop from the English game.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did you actually see the game or just those twitter highlights? Because I just saw those highlights and I thought he did a lot right.

Got the ball deep and drove forward, picked out a couple of excellent pinpoint runners, smart range of short passing and broke up play well a few times. Looked strong and not bullied off the ball.

But that's my thoughts based on those highlights and he's only been here a month with very little English so you do wonder how good he'll get in time and bedded in.
Yes, I watched the live stream. I thought he did OK, but no more. On this occasion - but as I said, early days.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
As a comparison how long did Yves take to break into the 1st team and at what age? We have to remember Yves came here from good standard European football so not such a jump in culture.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
As a comparison how long did Yves take to break into the 1st team and at what age? We have to remember Yves came here from good standard European football so not such a jump in culture.

Bissouma joined in July 2018 and made his debut from the bench a few weeks later on the opening day of the 18/19 season against Watford, he was an unused sub in the 3-2 home win over United and then made his first start against Liverpool the following week. Biss turned 22 a few days after the Liverpool game, he went on to start 17 league games that season and appear from the bench another 11 times. Last season he only started 15 games with a further 7 sub appearances.

As you say he was coming from playing 2 seasons for Lille in the French top division so was a lot more used to European culture but it's only now a couple of seasons on that he's really matured into an essential part of our team so lets not put too much pressure on a 19 year old moving half way around the world.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
There is no need to rush with this one.

A decent debut and some nice highlights. I thought he struggled at times with the pace of the game. He seems to really like a slide tackle, which is not going to work to his advantage the way games are refereed over here. He probably needs to do more off the ball as well. Plenty to work with here, but if you were looking for a Brighton Man of the Match Weir was excellent throughout, right up to the last couple of minutes where he was muscled off the ball for the 3rd City goal.

I agree with pretty much all of this, including Weir being our man of the match.

It worries me slightly that people are so eager to read a super star from one performance. There are some very obvious reasons why he wasn't the star of the show yesterday but if all people see is hype and expectations there's going to be a huge weight on his shoulders that will be very hard for him to fulfill.

Let him play in the U-23's and develop at his own pace. He'll play in the first team when he's ready. There shouldn't be a clamour for him to start any sooner than that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree with pretty much all of this, including Weir being our man of the match.

It worries me slightly that people are so eager to read a super star from one performance. There are some very obvious reasons why he wasn't the star of the show yesterday but if all people see is hype and expectations there's going to be a huge weight on his shoulders that will be very hard for him to fulfill.

Let him play in the U-23's and develop at his own pace. He'll play in the first team when he's ready. There shouldn't be a clamour for him to start any sooner than that.

Not seeing that from this thread at all personally, just some generally positive stuff after his first game. Early days.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not seeing that from this thread at all personally, just some generally positive stuff after his first game. Early days.

I don't know. He was no more than fine, IMO yet the reactions seem to be that he was much better than fine. Maybe I'm worrying needlessly but I just don't want to see a player over hyped and then if he doesn't match those expectations we all know what will happen.

I'd like him to be allowed to go quietly about his business until he's ready.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't know. He was no more than fine, IMO yet the reactions seem to be that he was much better than fine. Maybe I'm worrying needlessly but I just don't want to see a player over hyped and then if he doesn't match those expectations we all know what will happen.

I'd like him to be allowed to go quietly about his business until he's ready.

Ideally we all would, yes, but with the fanfare that accompanied his signing there is no chance of that happening........

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I watched the last hour and there was a big improvement over his previous performance. Not everything is coming off for him, but he likes a tackle and moves the ball well. I didn't spot any of the clumsy slide tackles from his previous appearance, which suggests he could be a fast learner.

Young Ferguson should have scored late on with a header he put wide, but another real prospect given his age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here