Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Agree, trust GP and the club to handle things right.

Suspect it will be a while until he plays, but wouldn’t entirely rule out a substitute appearance. A certain young Lamptey broke into the team quicker then expected after all.

Anyway, Moder is next in line to get his chance for now.

Didn’t expect it to be this quick mind!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I tend to agree with you. That said, he's been playing at Altitude and has a reputation for having an incredible engine - I wonder if fitness will come very quickly for this lad and he could... just COULD be ready a little sooner

I'm clutching here clearly - would love to see a midfield of Karbo, Caicedo, Moder, Alzate with AN Other scheming ahead of them
That's Bissouma binned then? Always knew he wasn't up to it ...........................!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Both Moder and Karpo have been on the bench in recent games without playing. Won't be concerned if we don't see him today. An important part of team integration, although it would be nice to see him get a run out.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
He has promise for sure. Up against a very capable city U23 side. Our boys weren't overly keen to involve him in the early stages, it was noticeable the reluctance to play into him in tighter areas.

He grew into the game and fitness wise he looked strong. A good introduction to English football as the tempo was high, if lacking some quality from both sides.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From what I saw looks too good for u23’s already. Looks like a man versus kids. Very strong and confident on the ball, excellent retention and spot on passing. Couple of very nice pieces of skill after 1min and the last bit at the end.

And that’s just his first warm up game. Exciting player to watch out for.
Didn't do much wrong. Didn't do much right either. Actually didn't do much.

Perhaps a tad harsh - but nothing outstanding tonight - early days, eh?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Didn't do much wrong. Didn't do much right either. Actually didn't do much.

Perhaps a tad harsh - but nothing outstanding tonight - early days, eh?

Did you actually see the game or just those twitter highlights? Because I just saw those highlights and I thought he did a lot right.

Got the ball deep and drove forward, picked out a couple of excellent pinpoint runners, smart range of short passing and broke up play well a few times. Looked strong and not bullied off the ball.

But that's my thoughts based on those highlights and he's only been here a month with very little English so you do wonder how good he'll get in time and bedded in.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I watched the whole game and was very impressed by him . He is clearly very talented and can see him getting his first team chance at some stage early next season if not this .

Lots of players have the talent at 19, but not too many have the strength to be able to do it effectively in the PL. he looks to have both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here