Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Moises hired and pays the agents. Of course they are acting on his behalf. Unless I see Moises say ‘I told them not to post it, I never wanted to leave’ and sack the agents - then it’s obvious he was fine with what was happening
Agents! You ever had one? In my experience if you’re HOT they’ll do a lot WITHOUT asking. You’re presented with options you never considered. And when you’re cold they’ll do f*** all! Now that Football agents are to be stopped from representing all sides of a deal; very young, hot and impressionable young men/and increasingly young women (as their game grows) will be bamboozled by ‘opportunities’. The issue, as always, will be in whose best interests are the options on the table?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Obviously we don’t personally know the lad, from what I can make out he is enjoying his football and his life in a new country and a place he is just starting to put down some roots. It’s a real shame he’s being pawned out to the highest bidder. The agent’s reaction says it all he’s not gutted for Caceido only his £3m commission.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
His agent has been at the club almost everyday this week…nothing is guaranteed.
His agent may still be agitating for a move, or he may be renegotiating an improved contract for Moises. Much like Mac Alister's agent did prior to the World Cup.

He's made himself look a fool in his clients eyes already by bungling a big money move and pissing off his current club. It might be time for him to deliver a quick win and get Moises an improved deal with us, commensurate with his current status.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I listened to a podcast this week, I didn’t know that Moises’s ex-agent was his Mum, he sacked his Mum!!! Also his new agents have apparently never closed a deal of this size before, which is clearly showing. I genuinely think he’s made a mistake.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I listened to a podcast this week, I didn’t know that Moises’s ex-agent was his Mum, he sacked his Mum!!! Also his new agents have apparently never closed a deal of this size before, which is clearly showing. I genuinely think he’s made a mistake.
He had 4 people acting as agents for him. The reason Man Utd walked away from the deal

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
His agent may still be agitating for a move, or he may be renegotiating an improved contract for Moises. Much like Mac Alister's agent did prior to the World Cup.

He's made himself look a fool in his clients eyes already by bungling a big money move and pissing off his current club. It might be time for him to deliver a quick win and get Moises an improved deal with us, commensurate with his current status.
Alexis is represented by his Dad and Uncle from what I understand. Having an agent (and Dad) who was best friends with Maradona (possibly the most gifted and troubled footballer ever) means you’ll be well versed in the pitfalls that can await a young man with more money than they know what to do with. Hopefully that helps keep Alexis grounded, it certainly seems to be, he always comes across as an incredibly humble and grateful young man.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Apologies if this is fixtures but Hincappie, the other Ecuador international who Caicedo's agent's also represent has just signed a new contract with Leverkusen, I assume with a large pay rise and decent release clause inserted. He was also linked with big clubs and pushing for a move in January.

I wonder if there's a chance we might see the same thing?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You only need to look at their stable of players to see he's their meal ticket for life (hence their 'advice' he needs to move quickly)- he's on a different planet to the rest of their clients (except one)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I got slated for this in the player’s thread but I thought he had a poor game Saturday. One masterful classic Caicedo tackle as they broke away was superb though.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So he’s deleted THAT Twitter post, and deleted his entire Instagram. Interesting. I would have thought his dodgy agents would want to keep those posts there to keep transfer in peoples minds & show their stance has not changed. Hopefully Moises has recognised his error.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I got slated for this in the player’s thread but I thought he had a poor game Saturday. One masterful classic Caicedo tackle as they broke away was superb though.
It’s remarkable that we managed to outclass CP, with Mitoma, Gross and Caicedo all having shockers.

Shows how bad CP were … their performance scores …. each 0 to 2 out of 10.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here