Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fee agreed since July. It’s the personal terms still to be sorted.
Seems odd Ajax are playing him - yet Caicedo has the day off to ‘focus on next Saturday’ / tight hamstring

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
would love this deal to happen but feels like the whole personal terms things may really just be him stalling to see if a bigger club comes along, which means him playing today makes sense

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Very odd that he's selected today.

A very bad sign.
8b667f0d348dc8df0b2a302bd3ad71df.jpg

A very very bad sign.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
IF needed, sure. But I talking about regular normal rotation, not an emergency if needed situation. The knock-on effect of having one of them as the regular rotation into left back will not be great as it will mean they are either playing too much, or not playing their other position to be ready to play leftback....you see what I mean. If needed should be a third choice really if we are to compete in Europe as well as the EPL.
Milner showed in c20 minutes what he can do at LB. Can't see him playing in too many other positions given the options we've got elsewhere, and I want to have him on the pitch a decent amount. If Pervis gets an injury, then I can see where you're coming from, but otherwise think we'll be fine with Pervis playing 70-80% of the season as LB and Milner filling in.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Hmm. Still playing after 60 mins and they're 3-1 down, let's hope he doesn't get another injury.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very odd that he's selected today.

A very bad sign.
It’s strange.

But, from Ajax’s point of view, he will not sign a contract extension and they have accepted an offer for him. I suspect his agent is stalling the process of him leaving (for obvious reasons - the BBD). So the management at Ajax think, ‘well, we’re paying you, we’re going to play you too whilst you make up your mind.’

The injury risk is overstated in a friendly. I suspect Ajax think they have more chance of pushing him into a decision (which they surely want asap) playing him rather than letting him out his feet up.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just had a Palace fan text me saying genuinely what an outstanding and unbelievable signing this would be in fairness.

He then did spoil it though by saying that Brighton fans will probably still insist that Will Buckley is a better player than him!

This from the club who used to insist Barcelona and Real Madrid were looking at Jonny Williams?

One can only assume the Spanish giants were hamstrung by transfer embargoes this summer, as the last time I checked, little Joniesta had been snapped up on a free by...Gillingham.

Last edited:

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
I think most went a little to early on their excitement last night. Would be a luxury signing if it were to happen but is he really what we need right now. Imo Caicedo saga will be over within next 48hrs as I reckon Chavs will offer 95m with add ons and TB will except. Hope I'm wrong but we all know how these things normally pan out. We will have over 3 weeks to get more bodies in but I just think we need to get our positional priorities in first b4 we start splashing the cash on Kudus.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think we may have let our initial excitement get the better of us on this one. I expect he may have another offer on the table. Let’s put it this way. If Caicedo goes to Chelsea I expect Kudus comes
here. If Caicedo stays I think we may see Kudus at Chelsea.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Do we actually need Kudus?

Not for one moment saying he's a bad player but he doesn't look like a DM player like Moises. If Moises did go would we look for a direct replacement or is Kudus seen as filling that role?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Do we actually need Kudus?

Not for one moment saying he's a bad player but he doesn't look like a DM player like Moises. If Moises did go would we look for a direct replacement or is Kudus seen as filling that role?

Like chalk and cheese.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here