Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arsenal fans get confused if you thank them for taking Trossard off us (whilst acknowleding that he's decent) because his exit properly opened the door for Mitoma.
There's probably a 'big 6' mentality too it as well.

''how can you keep excitedly looking down the conveyor belt, as opposed to demanding the finished article, with every transfer'.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Also, we will never sign Vin Jnr or Mbappe. At least not yet.
Kudus is not at that level and that is how we can sign him. But think about our track record of developing players especially under RDZ who has basically super charged every player he hasn't fallen out with. Look at this guys raw attributes and imagine what RDZ and his team can do with him.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
If he comes I think Goodnight will go out on loan. Which in itself speaks volumes about the quality and depth of our squad now.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Talking transfers with my armchair Arsenal colleague, I was glibly rolling out the next 3 seasons of the £100m club - Caicedo, Enciso and finally Ferguson.

He finally had enough, ending the conversation with:-

'youre weird, you f**king love selling players'. 😆
Since we have pretty consistently been replacing sold players with upgrades, I have become happier about selling players too.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
People need to get the idea of him being a striker or winger out of their heads. Beyond being competition for March (as a left footed player on the right), which he will do, he is a central player. Remember he is only (just) 23. He's clearly an upgrade on Buonaotte (at the moment). I dare say, had we had him last year to deputise on the right we might have done a little better in the condensed run in. But mostly he will be joining as an 8/10. He's different to the more maverick Enciso. We know how fluid RDZ likes his team to be. Yes there's a starting formation, yes he likes to play the two boxes in the middle, but beyond that, especially in transition and the final third, RDZ wants a kind of all out dynamic assault on the opposition.
It's important to think of our players not in terms of their starting position but the space they occupy on the field, what they do with the ball, their energy levels, their versatility. This is where Kudus can excel. He's brilliant at progressing play, beating the press, can go out wide or drive from the middle. Can score goals. Supremely gifted dribbler with a great work rate.
He's in the very top percentile in terms of goals from his position, successful take ons AND pass completion.
Think about us breaking at speed with him in the middle. He can overlap and overload on the left, he is comfortable down the right channel, can drive through the middle. Imagine a Dahoud or Gilmour releasing Kudus with March and Mitoma flying down the wings, JP in the space between the lines and channels and a Ferguson or Welbeck driving through the middle. Total carnage. There are very few clubs in World football who have those levels of dynamicism in attack- players who can drift all over the pitch, keep hold of the ball, attack at such pace and provide a genuine goal threat. In fact you could easily imagine JP, Ferguson, March, Mitoma and Kudus all scoring at least ten league goals. That's crazy and that doesn't even mention the raw genius of Enciso and steady old Welbz. It's very exciting.
You forgot to mention Adingra!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When I saw the quoted £34.4 million figure we're reportedly paying for 1 player I went into some sort of panicky time warp mode where I was back in the 90s and want to ring up Uncle Tony and tell him that's way to much,sign 3 players from Rochdale and buy a new Electric car and still have change enough to paint the roof blue.

I doubt I'll ever get used to the ridiculous amounts of money sloshing around the EPL I can't forget the time I lobbed my last few Bob onto the sheet being carried round the Goldstone pitch so the club could buy a new kettle or something vital like that to keep us going.

Cor! thems were the days.
The fee is only £4m more than Pedro :shrug:
It’s not my money let the fun begin.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is this transfer this years ‘sleeper’ deal.

Quite often in a transfer window we are linked with a player at the beginning, lots of noise, then silence.

Only for the said player to join us at more or less the end of the window.
I know it’s happened a couple of times at least, maybe, Sam Baldock, Neil Maupay, and even Pervis last year was a bit like that. I may be wrong, but Webster could have been another.

Ahem.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When I saw the quoted £34.4 million figure we're reportedly paying for 1 player I went into some sort of panicky time warp mode where I was back in the 90s and want to ring up Uncle Tony and tell him that's way to much,sign 3 players from Rochdale and buy a new Electric car and still have change enough to paint the roof blue.

I doubt I'll ever get used to the ridiculous amounts of money sloshing around the EPL I can't forget the time I lobbed my last few Bob onto the sheet being carried round the Goldstone pitch so the club could buy a new kettle or something vital like that to keep us going.

Cor! thems were the days.
And transfers between Brighton and Chelsea were Dale Jasper to us on a free, pre Bosman.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Really don’t think Facundo is going out on loan. This is the season he will get to grips with Prem football. Remember it took Mac two seasons at least to become the player we loved.
Agree. But we can’t afford to play him just because there is no one else. Because of his age, he seems to be having as many good games as bad games. We need to us him very wisely and not throw him in excise March is injured (Kudus can be the man for that). Give him carefully managed minutes and in a year or two, we’ll have another Mac, maybe an even better version.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If he comes I think Goodnight will go out on loan. Which in itself speaks volumes about the quality and depth of our squad now.
It's a really difficult one. Obviously there was that interview about how low he felt when he joined and he has a good group of mates here who speak the language etc. But it is a really important moment in his development. I think he needs a loan, to play number ten, and a bit of advice chance to a) get used to playing regularly and b) mature a little. He seems to be the total opposite of Enciso who is supremely confident. The question would be where would he go? I would be looking for a club that has a few Argentines in, maybe a lower level La Liga team. I think he'd enjoy feeling slightly more at home culturally, probably prefer the weather.
Despite the increase in games this year, is the occasional cup game and the odd appearance off the bench in the league (even getting on the bench seems tough if most players are fit) more beneficial than decent minutes somewhere else?
West Ham had 23 players that played more than 7 times last season. Is Buonaotte in our top 23 players? Is he ever going to get in the squad ahead of a fit Lallana or Gross or Milner? Does he offer more than an Adingra or Kudus? If you have three or four players in the ten/wide roles in the matchday squad who he is regularly getting in ahead of?
It's a fascinating side to managing the squad, and on the whole one we are very good at, so the likelihood is the club will make the right choice, but right now a loan does seem the best option.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You forgot to mention Adingra!
Well exactly! It's nuts really. The fact we haven't got an obvious DM to either replace Moises or rest him if he stays makes me think RDZ just wants to create all put attacking mayhem at all times. And I'm all for it!

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Buonanotte and Ayari are increasingly likely to be loaned following our business so far imo. Falling down the pecking order through no fault of their own.

Just like Sarmiento, I can’t see where they get enough minutes from.

USG would have been perfect but not allowed this year. La Liga makes sense for Buonanotte, Ayari who knows but there will be no shortage of takers for either.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Talking transfers with my armchair Arsenal colleague, I was glibly rolling out the next 3 seasons of the £100m club - Caicedo, Enciso and finally Ferguson.

He finally had enough, ending the conversation with:-

'youre weird, you f**king love selling players'. 😆
Hasn’t Barber said that the difficult task is selling players, not buying them.
It’s vital for our continued success to sell, and of course, keep the conveyer belt of new incoming talent, going.
As Albion fans we’ve been educated to understand this.
Fans of the like of Arsenal, United etc don’t want or need to buy into this philosophy. They just act like spoilt kids at Christmas.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Arsenal have sold 8 players in the last two summers. We have sold 10. Bit of a weird thing this suggestion we are a selling club. The difference between us and an Arsenal or Chelsea is simply that we make money on our sales and they hate that. Big clubs have to sell their deadwood at a loss, we don't.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To be fair he’s earning hundreds of thousands £ per year with his live streaming, as well as having a TalkSport show every Saturday evening
Yeh good on him - doesn’t make him a real fan in my book though 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here