Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mohammed 'Al' Fayed RIP

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Guy leading this indicated his distain for Harrods statement yesterday & strongly indicated collusion & that they were going after others
Well yes, the lawyer acting for the victims has to take that position. As I said, depends on the degree of involvement of others - still doesn’t mean the current owners are culpable though. Potentially tough on them.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Well yes, the lawyer acting for the victims has to take that position. As I said, depends on the degree of involvement of others - still doesn’t mean the current owners are culpable though. Potentially tough on them.
Why does he have to take that position?
He'd be on pretty dangerous ground if there wasn't substance to what he said

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I wonder how many of them did though, I struggle to think that they all did :shrug:

Why would anyone carry on working for years after being raped or assaulted by the boss? Be as sarcastic as you like but I genuinely don’t understand why they would.
Because you are trying to add rationality to an unfathomable situation

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
I've been waiting for this thread or similar to come up. I've not seen the documentary but have read the reports, including that the manager of the Fulham women's team (first professional one in the UK) were shielded from him. It'll be interesting to hear the views of the people who sit around me today and thank God we'll stop singing about him.

In my first post, I said he was divisive. He was also patently manipulative and by all accounts a despicable pervert and criminal. I only hope that that kind of behaviour could not be hushed up / ignored in any organisation these days.

But I'm not going to stop supporting Fulham or being thankful that he invested in us to get us into the Premier League.
Quite right. So long as his investment got you into the Premier League....I'm not sure I would be thankful. I would feel more than a little tarnished tbh.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
That explains why she wouldn't speak out. But why stay at Harrods?
I asked the same question and was called an “idiot” which is so NSC for some posters :shrug:

I am at a complete loss as to why someone would stay at a company for years after something like this has happened to them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I asked the same question and was called an “idiot” which is so NSC for some posters :shrug:

I am at a complete loss as to why someone would stay at a company for years after something like this has happened to them.

I was following up your question, because you asked it, and when quoted a different question was answered.

I think it's a fair question, although as I see others have said, we can't really know the answer, we don't know what choices people faced. But I wouldn't want someone to misread the question as in any way suggesting that if someone continued to work for an organistation, then the assault can't have been that bad, because I certainly wouldn't suggest that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That explains why she wouldn't speak out. But why stay at Harrods?
Spiders webs spread far as do threats.
Try applying for a job at Harvey Nicks, or Selfridges and asked why you left your last job? References were cynical and manipulative.

I‘m puzzled as to why you & Flounce doubt the integrity of the victims. Fear of ‘retribution’ is powerful.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I was following up your question, because you asked it, and when quoted a different question was answered.

I think it's a fair question, although as I see others have said, we can't really know the answer, we don't know what choices people faced. But I wouldn't want someone to misread the question as in any way suggesting that if someone continued to work for an organistation, then the assault can't have been that bad, because I certainly wouldn't suggest that.
In no way did I say or suggest that

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In no way did I say or suggest that

I know you didn't, but given that someone called you an idiot, I imagine some people read it like that.

I‘m puzzled as to why you & Flounce doubt the integrity of the victims. Fear of ‘retribution’ is powerful.

See.

A question was asked to gain further understanding TB, you shouldn't then assume that a victim's integrity has been called into question.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I know you didn't, but given that someone called you an idiot, I imagine some people read it like that.

See.

A question was asked to gain further understanding TB, you shouldn't then assume that a victim's integrity has been called into question.
Quite, I have no idea why anyone would assume that I thought that when I was just querying why someone would stay at a company for years after being raped. I am genuinely confused and surprised that they would. I have no reason to think the footage and interviews I saw were not true given what a shithead Al Fayed appeared to be. The women were very clearly still traumatised by it years afterwards.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

See.

You’ve answered that whilst I was replying.

All I can suggest is fear is paralysing, and threats, already recorded in police complaints, are now known.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here