Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mohammed 'Al' Fayed RIP

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Threats? Coercion?

One victim was told she’d never get another job in London if she said anything.
Would you have gone back to a place of work if you’d been raped? I get not saying anything but I don’t get why you’d ever go back/not quit. Some of these women were there for bloody years!

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I've been waiting for this thread or similar to come up. I've not seen the documentary but have read the reports, including that the manager of the Fulham women's team (first professional one in the UK) were shielded from him. It'll be interesting to hear the views of the people who sit around me today and thank God we'll stop singing about him.

In my first post, I said he was divisive. He was also patently manipulative and by all accounts a despicable pervert and criminal. I only hope that that kind of behaviour could not be hushed up / ignored in any organisation these days.

But I'm not going to stop supporting Fulham or being thankful that he invested in us to get us into the Premier League.
You will withdraw your comparison to TB though I hope :smile:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would you have gone back to a place of work if you’d been raped? I get not saying anything but I don’t get why you’d ever go back/not quit. Some of these women were there for bloody years!
I can’t answer that because I’ve never been in that situation but like the vast majority of women, I have been sexually assaulted in the past. In most places of work, you learned to shut up, and just get on with it, because it happened in most places.
Add in threats of knowing where your family lived, influence with other rich men, loss of reputation, I can empathise with those women who stayed.

A sexual offender’s most often used phrase - nobody will believe you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ll add in the testimony from the 16 year old girl, whose phone contained all the messages from Fayed, handed it to the Met police for evidence.
It was returned to her wiped clean.

Knowing, now, the Met police record of rape, and sexual assaults, coupled with accusations against a rich influential man, what chance did a young girl have of any justice?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
What he’s allegedly done sounds horrific, but I’m a bit uncomfortable with Harrods (and de facto the current owners who are clearly horrified) being the ‘target’ as a corporate entity. Depends on the extent to which it was aided/abetted I guess.
Guy leading this indicated his distain for Harrods statement yesterday & strongly indicated collusion & that they were going after others

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can’t answer that because I’ve never been in that situation but like the vast majority of women, I have been sexually assaulted in the past. In most places of work, you learned to shut up, and just get on with it, because it happened in most places.
Add in threats of knowing where your family lived, influence with other rich men, loss of reputation, I can empathise with those women who stayed.

A sexual offender’s most often used phrase - nobody will believe you.
I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments and sympathise completely. However is it true that the vast majority of women are sexually assaulted?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments and sympathise completely. However is it true that the vast majority of women are sexually assaulted?
Yes.
It might be a pat on the bum, or getting your skirt lifted (hence why many girls wear trousers now) ranging to more obvious groping etc, but it has happened to the vast majority of women.
And laughed off as a ‘joke’.

I’m no feminist but times have changed and women shouldn’t have to keep quiet and just accept it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Would you have gone back to a place of work if you’d been raped?
How is anyone meant to answer that?

People did go back there to work so clearly it's not as simple as you're making out.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes.
It might be a pat on the bum, or getting your skirt lifted (hence why many girls wear trousers now) ranging to more obvious groping etc, but it has happened to the vast majority of women.
And laughed off as a ‘joke’.

I’m no feminist but times have changed and women shouldn’t have to keep quiet and just accept it.
Well I wouldn't dismiss it. Some of those behaviours have happened to me from women and they made me feel uncomfortable. Except by invitation, a person's body is theirs and theirs only. It is good to understand what amounts to an assault. Thanks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well I wouldn't dismiss it. Some of those behaviours have happened to me from women and they made me feel uncomfortable. Except by invitation, a person's body is theirs and theirs only. It is good to understand what amounts to an assault. Thanks.
You had the right to report them too, but most men wouldn’t.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
How is anyone meant to answer that?

People did go back there to work so clearly it's not as simple as you're making out.
I wonder how many of them did though, I struggle to think that they all did :shrug:

Why would anyone carry on working for years after being raped or assaulted by the boss? Be as sarcastic as you like but I genuinely don’t understand why they would.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You had the right to report them too, but most men wouldn’t.
To be honest, on one occasion I almost did. It was at a former workplace. I went away and it kept running through my mind. Now, many years after I think I should have confronted the person and told her it was not okay and left it at that. It was relatively minor but still way over something a decent minded person would do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here