Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moat Watch

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You're quite right but in this ridiculous blame culture we live with these days the media will move on to massively criticising the police once he's captured and the 'exciting' chase is over

I know and it pisses me right off, I'm quite prepared to concede when they've screwed up, but in this case it appears to me that it's very much by the book.

But the media are desperate for some kind of angle in the absence of any updates so they just come up with any old crap simply to fill the airtime and make it look like they have a something new to say.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I doubt it.

They do, you've only got to look at all the Facebook pages set up. They seem to be worshipping him as a modern day Harry Roberts. Though he didn't actually kill a copper anyway, albeit not for the want of trying. He-allegedly- murdered an innocent man because he thought he'd been seeing his ex.

No hero in my book.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Firstly he could have been all over the place- after all they already suspect him of robbing a chippy in another town on Monday, and secondly you have no idea how difficult it is to conduct a methodical search of a wide area, especially in such circumstances. Especially in open country.

I've had to do it under very different circumances and it's bloody hard, it's not just a case of wandering along in a line whistling a merry tune. It has to be systematic or you might miss something crucial, and in the situation here, knowing that a suspected armed murderer is out there, possibly seeing you before you see him, with countless obstacles to hide behind, on top of or under, well it's got to be pretty hairy.

It's all so easy when you're watching Sky News on the sofa.

It was a question more than a dig to be fair - you know a lot more about the processes than I do, that's why I'm interested in your take on it, and as usual it's all very informed and common sense stuff. A lot of 'normal' people will be thinking what I am, though, about the time it has taken though I did stress IF he's been there the whole time, which he may well not have been.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well what would one of County Durhams funiest actors have thought ! After could he do any worse ?

Attachments

• WillHay[1].jpg
    WillHay[1].jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 204

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
They do, you've only got to look at all the Facebook pages set up. They seem to be worshipping him as a modern day Harry Roberts. Though he didn't actually kill a copper anyway, albeit not for the want of trying. He-allegedly- murdered an innocent man because he thought he'd been seeing his ex.

No hero in my book.

I very much doubt he is a hero in anyone's book, i think the main criticism comes with the fact the Police have had all the tools required, and the guy is in the locality, taking the piss basically.

How much has this cost? and I dont mean that police womans hair style...:lolol:

When you look at all the comments from people saying.......if he had parked on yellow lines.....give him a car... etc etc......i think it shows how much confidence there is in the police force from the general public, they are the one utility who have all the funds available when necessary, but when it does not go just quite right, it's always the fact they are underfunded........and understaffed......

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"in the locality"? The locality you're talking about was potentially several hundred square miles of countryside and urban area.

And a suspect who was probably getting assistance from mates, and countless helpful or otherwise calls from the public. Yeah, it was well easy to find him, I don't know why they didn't pick him up on Sunday in fact.

They should all resign now frankly.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Before everybody had a car, they found Richard Hannay easily enough.

images

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
they got a taser on him!

They look a bit far away to Taser him. Baton round maybe, but they'd want to give him plenty of time to give up first.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Question......why are the armed guys in civilian clothing and not police fatigues?

SHHH! They are in mufti, so that they blend in. :whistle: Very strange that they all have the same jeans on though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No its a Taser the sky news expert said so.....

like the Tornado used its RADAR!!!!! FFS

"Raoul Moat: Police negotiate with man resembling gunman" - BBC

Dont they know if it's him or not? I hope it's not a very unfortunate looky-likey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here