Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaning WANKERS in the North Stand today

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
We where in the middle of the North stand upper right behind the goal, when the game started everyone around us sat down. So we moved back a few rows to where everyone was standing. Except two older gentleman just behind us we offered to swap seats with these guys so they could sit if they wanted and we could continue standing without hindering anyone. These gentleman refused saying that these were the seats they had paid for. If you want to make life dificult for yourself just so you can moan then more fool you.

You bar steward.

Totally nicked ( well not totally obviously ) my post I wanted to do coming back yesterday. Especially the bit about the choir, which I would have made humourous :US::rant:

Sorry mate... you go ahead!

I wasn't trying to be funny. Just getting wound up by people suggesting we need more atmosphere and others saying we should sit down unless we make it to the oppostion penalty area.

Although the whole 'Song For Gus' thread last week made me think that if we had an official Singing Club, everyone could get together for a practice of new songs. Imagine that, a couple of hundred fans standing in an empty Withdean having a little sing song... Maybe a Thursday evening once a month?

:dunce:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Sorry mate... you go ahead!

I wasn't trying to be funny. Just getting wound up by people suggesting we need more atmosphere and others saying we should sit down unless we make it to the oppostion penalty area.

Although the whole 'Song For Gus' thread last week made me think that if we had an official Singing Club, everyone could get together for a practice of new songs. Imagine that, a couple of hundred fans standing in an empty Withdean having a little sing song... Maybe a Thursday evening once a month?

:dunce:

I was agreeing with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I was in the middle of the North Stand but towards the back (row BB) Our seats were already taken so we just stood in the walkway. My seat was actually taken by a large inflatable penis!

Like an England away game we stood for the entire 90 minutes of football and sat down at half time when a few people went for a coffee. It was like being back on the terraces when we scored and everyone surged forward and jumping around going nuts! Superb stuff.

The stewards/police looked at us standing in the walkways but just left everone alone as clearly no empty seats but many of us without anywhere to sit! The stewards/police were excellent all day.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Away fans always stand - Sitting down = no singing, standing is a small price to pay for atmosphere - all premiership fans behind the goals seem to stand now and we should too at Falmer, f*** the 'rules' - NOTE to those who want/need to sit, don't go behind the goals! great atmosphere, great stadium (although totally changed from last time I was there 20 years ago) felt like a real football match for once, roll on Falmer.:falmer:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Good God man, what do you think we are - Welsh?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
So people stood up all game and there were no injuries, no deaths and broken legs - Amazing. From the way some people go on about it you'd think we were all about to suffer a cirtain and horrible death on saturday

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
We where in the middle of the North stand upper right behind the goal, when the game started everyone around us sat down. So we moved back a few rows to where everyone was standing. Except two older gentleman just behind us we offered to swap seats with these guys so they could sit if they wanted and we could continue standing without hindering anyone. These gentleman refused saying that these were the seats they had paid for. If you want to make life dificult for yourself just so you can moan then more fool you.

As an oldie who enjoyed standing up I can only apologise on behalf of those 2

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
As an oldie who enjoyed standing up I can only apologise on behalf of those 2

No need for you to apologise for them. I just don't get why they wouldn't want to swap. Also if people wanted to sit why did they not ask the ticket office to give them seats near the front? I am sure their request would have been granted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here