Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaning WANKERS in the North Stand today

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Your day was spoilt by this, was it? In all seriousness, I suspect it MADE your day so that you could find something to moan about. Everyone was standing. Absolutely everyone. The reason being that standing creates a better atmosphere, it's actually a more natural thing to do when watching a high tension and passion filled game and it was the right thing to do. It just was. I think, in all honesty, the best thing for you to do was to have stayed at home if you are going to have a day "ruined" by people standing at Brighton's biggest game since the play-off finals.

not everyone,50+ moany bastards in middle of north! can guarantee a few post on here....pathetic! we stood(as you would expect,its the fooking 4th round fa cup away at villa and the stewards let us stand!!!!) and they moaned and moaned until we sat.:facepalm:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I used teh word **** a lot at the wankish linsman infront of the Ellis stand, since he was just apauling. And the ref. And villa. And the villa fans who left. and the Holte End...

I digress. Point is. Discontent was bound to happen and i'm not ashamed to say i was muttering "f*** sake" when we lost the ball since its frustrating. Not because i was angry... theres a line between expecting us to play amazingly and vocalizing discontent loudly and getting a bit frustrated when you see players making room and not getting the ball. I'm still proud of the peformance!

Sidenote. Murray. He made SO much space today. He is easily of Championship quality and if he playes like that on tuesday, were gonna win.

not everyone,50+ moany bastards in middle of north! can guarantee a few post on here....pathetic! we stood(as you would expect,its the fooking 4th round fa cup away at villa and the stewards let us stand!!!!) and they moaned and moaned until we sat.:facepalm:

Thankfully there were no such moany people anywhere near me.... but f*** me what a waste of tickets when there are so many people who missed out. Why bother sitting down in silence for such a grand day out, let someone else go who'll get behind the team :US:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I am 67 years old far from a misery and have been SUPPORTING the club for over 60 years. I have seen the good times, the bad times the highs and the lows. I buy a seat because I want to sit down at a football match and dont like to stand for 90 mins.

I rexpect people to jump up and stand when their is action in a goal mouth but in general play if they all sat down everybody would be able to see.

Well I'm 57 years old (knees starting to go!) and yesterday in the North Stand made me feel 18 again. Standing up, shouting , singing, fantastic, that atmosphere reminded me of Wembley 1983, best day out at a football game for years, Thought Villa park was awsome, bring on Falmer.

:clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Although Villa Park is a fantastic stadium, I still prefer the likes of White Hart Lane where the sound travels all around the ground. The left side, right side song was proof of that as, in the Doug Ellis Stand, although we could hear the 'right side' chant, it didn't sound particularly loud and I guess it was the same with the North Stand hearing the 'left side' chant. The corners of Villa Park are not filled in and the stands had sides with windows in which was blocking the sound, especially in the low seat numbers (mine was 4).

The atmosphere in the 'Doug Ellis' itself, was superb and no doubt it was in the North Stand. The important thing is that the players could hear us so it must have been loud on the pitch wherever we were.

I'm in my fifties now and sometimes I think that to sit would be nice. However, standing is better!!

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
I don't normally get involved in these "debates", but feel that I must put in my two penn'orth.

When we eventually arrived at our "seats", "Upper North Stand Tier", block T4, (left side), it never occurred to me and my party to sit down. On any away trip to follow the Albion it's an automatic reaction to stand up and it's been that way from the Goldstone, through St James Park, (Newcastle when we won promotion to the old First), Highbury in '83, Wembley in '83, the Millenium for the Play-off final and all points North including grounds like the Madjeski, Brittannia and even at Port Vale when we were champions.

Yesterday was brilliant, the whole day and I'm buggered if I'm going to sit down on a day like that. At Withdean and Falmer, I may do. At somewhere like Villa Park on an occasion like that, I'm not. And I love the left side/right side chant. At least atmosphere is being created.

Oh, by the way I'm 64 later this year, and I've also been supporting the Albion for nigh on 60 years.

Your day was spoilt by this, was it? In all seriousness, I suspect it MADE your day so that you could find something to moan about. Everyone was standing. Absolutely everyone. The reason being that standing creates a better atmosphere, it's actually a more natural thing to do when watching a high tension and passion filled game and it was the right thing to do. It just was. I think, in all honesty, the best thing for you to do was to have stayed at home if you are going to have a day "ruined" by people standing at Brighton's biggest game since the play-off finals.

No. You are a misery. At least on here. You're the person who moaned about the left side/right side chant at MK Dons for pity's sake. Even when you are trying not to be you manage to get sly little asides in viz. your recent comments about Dean Cox and his weekend drinking activities.

You bought a seat at Villa park not because you wanted to sit down, rather because they don't sell standing tickets BUT, and this is the crucial point, since all seater terracing has come in, there has not been one big game at a big stadium that Brighton fans have not ALL stood throughout the entire game.

I pity you. I really do. I had a fantastic day out, caught up with a lot of friends and that game and that day with that crowd reinforces why I love this club so so much. You, on the other hand, just have to find fault somewhere.

I'm sorry if this seems like a character assassination but you drive me to despair with your negativity.

I have to agree. Harsh as it may be, sitting does not generate an atmosphere. So don't criticise those of us who stand in order to sing louder to support the team that we paid to see.

Choirs don't sit down, rock bands don't sit down, standing is the only way to sing. FACT.

Saying that it is the rules and current legislation is ridiculous. The seating rule was a knee jerk reaction. Standing in an all seater stadium is not dangerous. There is no pushing and surging of the crowd, the seats prevent that.

At away games we always stand and always will, if you don't like it then ask to sit at the front.

RANT OVER.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
cor blimey i wish you lot were sitting near me,i felt a tad harsh telling them to f*** off its the FA Cup you boring etc etc etc but apart from this little block EVERYONE else was standing

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
cor blimey i wish you lot were sitting near me,i felt a tad harsh telling them to f*** off its the FA Cup you boring etc etc etc but apart from this little block EVERYONE else was standing

Were you in that middle part of the North Stand then? I feel for you!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Beats me how anybody that was at the game yesterday could moan about anything, a struggling league1 outfit playing 1 of the best attacking sides in the country,in a superb stadium almost full and with nearly 7 thousand of our own fans there and scoring 2 goals. Villa were the better side and deserved to win,the scoreline says we lost by 1 goal and in the cold light of day ile take that considering our position,everything about our club now shows signs of revival and better things to come,the amount of dads with thier kids in tow yesterday was fantastic,i would imagine every kid that was at villa yesterday will have enjoyed themselves immensely and will want to watch brighton again,if i live to be 200 i couldnt find anything to moan about yesterday..

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I am 67 years old far from a misery and have been SUPPORTING the club for over 60 years. I have seen the good times, the bad times the highs and the lows. I buy a seat because I want to sit down at a football match and dont like to stand for 90 mins.

I rexpect people to jump up and stand when their is action in a goal mouth but in general play if they all sat down everybody would be able to see.

F_200612_december08E_78808a.jpg

Dandyman

In London village.
Day spoilt by people standing in the 4 rows infront of us so we had to stand. If everybody had sat down everybody would have been able to see no need for anybody to stand. I think the stewards should have done more to make people sit down in an all seater stadium.

Yes and the blighters were making a simply frightful din as well.

Dandyman

In London village.
I don't normally get involved in these "debates", but feel that I must put in my two penn'orth.

When we eventually arrived at our "seats", "Upper North Stand Tier", block T4, (left side), it never occurred to me and my party to sit down. On any away trip to follow the Albion it's an automatic reaction to stand up and it's been that way from the Goldstone, through St James Park, (Newcastle when we won promotion to the old First), Highbury in '83, Wembley in '83, the Millenium for the Play-off final and all points North including grounds like the Madjeski, Brittannia and even at Port Vale when we were champions.

Yesterday was brilliant, the whole day and I'm buggered if I'm going to sit down on a day like that. At Withdean and Falmer, I may do. At somewhere like Villa Park on an occasion like that, I'm not. And I love the left side/right side chant. At least atmosphere is being created.

Oh, by the way I'm 64 later this year, and I've also been supporting the Albion for nigh on 60 years.

:clap: Top post.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Rules are made to be bent and not broken. If broken action should be taken so the stewards should ensure that in the main people sit down and accept they will jump up, thus bending the rules, when a contentious point arises like a goal chance.

you sound like a boring old fart that used to sit behind me at withdean. do you wear a flat cap and look like victor meldrew?? if so, you are a pain in the arse, fact.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I have to agree. Harsh as it may be, sitting does not generate an atmosphere. So don't criticise those of us who stand in order to sing louder to support the team that we paid to see.

Choirs don't sit down, rock bands don't sit down, standing is the only way to sing. FACT.

Saying that it is the rules and current legislation is ridiculous. The seating rule was a knee jerk reaction. Standing in an all seater stadium is not dangerous. There is no pushing and surging of the crowd, the seats prevent that.

At away games we always stand and always will, if you don't like it then ask to sit at the front.

RANT OVER.

You bar steward.

Totally nicked ( well not totally obviously ) my post I wanted to do coming back yesterday. Especially the bit about the choir, which I would have made humourous :US::rant:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You bar steward.

Totally nicked ( well not totally obviously ) my post I wanted to do coming back yesterday. Especially the bit about the choir, which I would have made humourous :US::rant:

Maybe if we had an official Albion choir we'd be able to get special dispensation to stand? Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here