Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaning WANKERS in the North Stand today

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
First things first, I had a cracking day out, the atmosphere was much better than I expected, I stood for the whole game without some jumped-up twerp ordering me to sit down... and the boys did us proud, I hope you'll agree.

BUT: there were a few morons around who shouted abuse at our players when they lost the ball after being tackled by world class opponents... and frequently muttered phrases like "what a load of f***ing crap". I have one thing to say to those people:

Do one!

:angry:

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
aw ya know i had a brill time too Notters. me and my grandaughter had a lovely time and had some really nice people sat around us who fortunately were behind the players and i actually didnt hear any of them say a bad word against them. (must be a first eh) anyway i thoroughly enjoyed watching it and my grandaughter enjoyed the balloons lol. it was funny when we scored our second goal and everyone was cheering apart from my grandaughter who was looking at the helicopter flying over and shouting plane .. oh well she is only 2

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
First things first, I had a cracking day out, the atmosphere was much better than I expected, I stood for the whole game without some jumped-up twerp ordering me to sit down... and the boys did us proud, I hope you'll agree.

BUT: there were a few morons around who shouted abuse at our players when they lost the ball after being tackled by world class opponents... and frequently muttered phrases like "what a load of f***ing crap". I have one thing to say to those people:

Do one!

The loud moans of anguish when Virgo hoofed the ball off the pitch were outrageous, but then again it was a majority of season ticket holders there so not overly shocked.

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
Didn't hear one moan in the north stand today. The noise was unbeleivable.

What did annoy be were the numpties who left when Villa got their third. Why did they buy tickets today? Surely it wasn't becasue they seriously expected us to win today, was it?I'm sure there's several thousand Albion fans in Sussex who would have been quite happy to have been there for the half an hour they missed.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Didn't hear one moan in the north stand today. The noise was unbeleivable.

What did annoy be were the numpties who left when Villa got their third. Why did they buy tickets today? Surely it wasn't becasue they seriously expected us to win today, was it?I'm sure there's several thousand Albion fans in Sussex who would have been quite happy to have been there for the half an hour they missed.

I left with 5 minutes to go and missed the 2nd goal, Had a good day out and the fans around me was spot on, just wish they were all at withdean.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
I didnt hear to much moaning,it was all positive around my area-I was incredibly proud ofthe noise we generated.I suppose there's always a few whingers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Day spoilt by people standing in the 4 rows infront of us so we had to stand. If everybody had sat down everybody would have been able to see no need for anybody to stand. I think the stewards should have done more to make people sit down in an all seater stadium.

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
Day spoilt by people standing in the 4 rows infront of us so we had to stand. If everybody had sat down everybody would have been able to see no need for anybody to stand. I think the stewards should have done more to make people sit down in an all seater stadium.

Pah, i stood up when the people in front sat down but did i care nooo it was the biggest game of the season! ...........and i have long legs that do not like to be squashed

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill

If you were that fussed/couldn't see beause of disability etc you should have asked to be moved by the stewards. If not, get over it :thumbsup:

Do one!

ooh look at the north stand upper... 4 days ago you lot were saying that doug ellis will have no atmosphere.... we outsung you lot and the villa boys.. doug ellis = real fans!!!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was at the very top of upper tier and good atmosphere right from the off.

Shame we started off badly and we made three minor errors that cost us goals, shows the difference in class as had today been an average away game we would have won.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
What is the point of a seat if people are going to stand. Persistent offenders should be removed and allowed to stand but outside of the ground.

How old are you ? Its a massive game people tend to stand for them. You sound a bit of a misery.

On the subject of moaning when the Albion players messed up. I think its nerves on the fans part (myself included). You want them to do so well that any mistake (and there were quite a few early on) gets louder complaints than really necessary. BUT, at the end of the game we all agreed that the lads played great. Im proud to be a seagull today.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
When does 'opinion' become 'moaning'? I was there today - cheered the boys on throughout, had a fantastic day, it was brilliant to see that support in a great stadium, and the team did very well against some top-class opposition.

But it is a compliment to our boys that without a couple of mistakes, and with a bit more composure, we could have got even more today. While Villa going forward were excellent, defensively they weren't quite at it.

There were times today (especially in the first half) when Bennett wasn't doing enough with the ability he has got. I'm sure Poyet told him that at half-time. I thought Murray overall had a great game - won loads in the air, and had the strength, touch and skill to hold the ball up and bring others in.

But where it really matters, in the penalty area, Murray wasn't on it today, flashed a couple wildly over and didn't hit the target or make the keeper work, even with that difficult late one that hit the side-netting. Actually, apart from our two goals, their keeper hardly had a save to make, and that's something we can work on in training, getting the shots in.

Either you just say everything was brilliant, or you notice stuff and have a thought or two in your head about what you've just watched.

But overall it was a superb effort, I think Poyet is a man who isn't going to tolerate any less against Stockport this week, which I like, and maybe the vast turnout might make some of these players certain they want to be around in 18 months time. I certainly hope so.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Oh piss off, the idea of expecting people to sit at a match like that is absurd, if you had been behind me i would have told you where to shove it, saw a few kids sitting on shoulders, as it should be.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
When does 'opinion' become 'moaning'? I was there today - cheered the boys on throughout, had a fantastic day, it was brilliant to see that support in a great stadium, and the team did very well against some top-class opposition.

But it is a compliment to our boys that without a couple of mistakes, and with a bit more composure, we could have got even more today. While Villa going forward were excellent, defensively they weren't quite at it.

There were times today (especially in the first half) when Bennett wasn't doing enough with the ability he has got. I'm sure Poyet told him that at half-time. I thought Murray overall had a great game - won loads in the air, and had the strength, touch and skill to hold the ball up and bring others in.

But where it really matters, in the penalty area, Murray wasn't on it today, flashed a couple wildly over and didn't hit the target or make the keeper work, even with that difficult late one that hit the side-netting. Actually, apart from our two goals, their keeper hardly had a save to make, and that's something we can work on in training, getting the shots in.

Either you just say everything was brilliant, or you notice stuff and have a thought or two in your head about what you've just watched.

But overall it was a superb effort, I think Poyet is a man who isn't going to tolerate any less against Stockport this week, which I like, and maybe the vast turnout might make some of these players certain they want to be around in 18 months time. I certainly hope so.

I agree. Do we just sit there clapping everything we do because we dont want to be seen moaning or do we react with passion and (if its called moaning) we moan cos certain players who can do better got a wee bit caught up in the moment and did a few stray passes. Not a hanging offence but a slight moaning offence.

From a high vantage point that pitch seemed really big and our passing really improved during the game once we compossed ourselves a bit more.

Heard the bloke on Radio 5 say we were in it all the way to end of the game but i would disagree. We were in it until their 3rd goal then they could have scored a couple more but for great keeping and a bit of luck. The last few minutes were a small bonus to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here