Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaning minnies (downgrade of moaning status)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Albion fans, that is.

The ref/lino had to make a call on a fast moving piece of play. They didn't have the benefit of a still frame from a TV camera positioned above the South Stand. It was bloomin' close.

What were Tommy's hands doing up there anyway?

Does noone recall how Murray went down like a sack
of shit for the freekick that led to our goal? If an opposing forward had done that there'd be uproar.

If we could actually convert our chances if would all be an irrelevant consolation.

I really hope you're joking/ It was clearly outside fast or not fast it's commen sense and a farce that the lino got involved. Let alone the blatant sending off - much worse than what Sparrow and Greer did. Yes we could've put the game to bed but we would've won it 1-0 easily (BMuff with 0 shots on target) and we wouldn't be saying we shouldve put the game away.

We have every right to blame woeful decisions on costing us 2 points again today (i say again in refference to Rochdale and Sheff Weds where poor decisions cost us).

Why do some people always have to be almost anti albion on here just to be different?

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
I dont agree tha Bozza had a better view than the referee, if you look at the still frames on another thread, you can see that the ref is standing only a few yards away from the handball, it was clear that they were in the 'D' outside the penalty box. I was sitting in D block and could see that for god sake. How the ref gave a penalty is beyond me :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Albion fans, that is.

The ref/lino had to make a call on a fast moving piece of play. They didn't have the benefit of a still frame from a TV camera positioned above the South Stand. It was bloomin' close.

What were Tommy's hands doing up there anyway?

Does noone recall how Murray went down like a sack
of shit for the freekick that led to our goal? If an opposing forward had done that there'd be uproar.

If we could actually convert our chances if would all be an irrelevant consolation.

Hi guys, im an AFCB fan. Just wanted to say that im sorry, you were robbed of 3 points by a joke of a linesman, it was clearly outside the area and possibly even your free kick, too blurry to tell. Our team was shocking today, were usually a much better team than that! I have no idea what Symes was playing at, he should have been sent of for the elbow, not so much the incident with your keeper. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season and hope to see you up the top of the league come the end of the season!

Kind of pisses all over your silly views doesn't it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi guys, im an AFCB fan. Just wanted to say that im sorry, you were robbed of 3 points by a joke of a linesman, it was clearly outside the area and possibly even your free kick, too blurry to tell. Our team was shocking today, were usually a much better team than that! I have no idea what Symes was playing at, he should have been sent of for the elbow, not so much the incident with your keeper. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season and hope to see you up the top of the league come the end of the season!

Kind of pisses all over your silly views doesn't it?

Does it?

We played a team that was 'shocking', and didn't convert our possession and chances to finish the game off. I'd say it reinforces my point. Thanks though.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
The entire withdean crowd didnt need another view in slow motion either, like everyone else i have spoken to who was at the game, i could have told you it was outside the box the second it happened. The same with the elbow incident, we all knew there was a deliberate elbow to the face!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That was The worst bit of refereeing I have seen for a long time. Had the ref pointed straight to the spot I could handle it because we all mistakes. However it was the way he straightaway gave a free kick and then decided that a linesman who had an inferior view was better placed than him. Totally bizarre.

However I think in a slightly strange way Bozza is right to point out that it is a game we should have seen off. It once again highlighted that we don't have the type of prolific goalscorer that takes half chances on tight games. I am hoping that we are still top two by January and then can attract that striker in the window as I suspect Lua Lua will be going back and we will need fresh impetus.

Bozza though, you are being harsh in calling us all wankers. You well know that being at a game and watching it on telly are very different experiences and you therefore are invariably more worked up when come back from a match. Not wankers, just normal football fans.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Sep 1, 2010
"The ref/lino had to make a call on a fast moving piece of play. They didn't have the benefit of a still frame from a TV camera positioned above the South Stand. It was bloomin' close." well yes, but the Ref, you know, the one that is meant to be in charge correctly gave a free kick, and the talked out of it by someone miles from play and so he changed his decision, the same set of officials that were piss poor the entire 90 minutes, i was moaning about him at half time and i bloody knew it was going to be him or one of his goon assistants that would decide the bloody result today. "LIVE ON TV, LET'S GO HOLLYWOOD" f*** that. don't accept any arguement about it at all. Catergorise me all you like, but it is a shitty poor show when week in week out the officials decide the outcome of games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bollocks, I was logged in from the wrong account. This should have come from Withdean Wanderer.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
If that were the case, you would have been outta here a long time ago.

If I had my way and I speak for many on here ( don’t want to name names ) then you'd have been gone before you thought of your name.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Does it?

We played a team that was 'shocking', and didn't convert our possession and chances to finish the game off. I'd say it reinforces my point. Thanks though.

And we won 1-0... (in my theory)

Thanks though - Funny how there's 100 odd posts having a pop at ur silly views and u pick on mine... Wonder why that is :lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Elphick looked clearly out of the box to me. If anything on the replay it was much closer than it first seemed (though still woefully wrong and weak refereeing).

The ref and linesman were very poor all game and it was no surprise he ended up doing something like that.

Equally have to blame the strikers for not finishing it, and Elphick for having his hands in the air in the first place though.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Have to totally disagree with Bozza's damnation of those of us who are very angry at today's events. There was one thing and only one thing that cost us the points today...the officials. We had comfortably negotiated a tricky game against an in form side, got ourselves a goal and kept a clean sheet. That was enough to win the game. A weak referee allowed himself to be influenced by an incompetent linesman and allowed Bournemouth to score. It was be only way they were going to score.

Last week at Tranmere we were indeed guilty of not killing the game off but today was different. The game was easily ours.

It's a mark of the poor standard of officiating at this level that the majority of points we have dropped this season have been taken from us by poor referee decisions. Had things gone our way we would be significantly further ahead of the chasing pack. However, we are still clear by 3 points and things will turn in our favour soon.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It was a tight, close call - some go for you, some go against - you hope over a season it evens out

Therein lays the issue, if we get all the correct decisions from now until the end of the season, and this proves to be the decision that costs us promotion or relegation, then it matters.

A season isn't the primary care right now, maybe 10 years ago football was played that way but now it isn't. Week to week is what matters and this decision cost us 2 points which at this point in time could be crucial.

Poyet wouldn't have been up off the bench if he didn't think it mattered either...

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
1/10 Bozza.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
CJD: If you make one more remark about me and Bozza being 'bestest mateys' I am going to live up to my reputation.

Why.....?

It was Bozza, who said you were a very good friend of his, some time ago. Have you fallen out with each other now....?

The fact that Bozza has decided to be provocative this afternoon/evening with his 'wind-up' and stupid posts, from his 'pub chair', then maybe it would be better to PM him, and ask him to grow up....? Bannings to posters are often the result of these 'provocative' posts.

Your veiled threat to me, for repeating what Bozza has said in the past is both unwelcome...........and unjustified.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here