Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaning minnies (downgrade of moaning status)

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Albion fans, that is.

The ref/lino had to make a call on a fast moving piece of play. They didn't have the benefit of a still frame from a TV camera positioned above the South Stand. It was bloomin' close.

What were Tommy's hands doing up there anyway?

Does noone recall how Murray went down like a sack
of shit for the freekick that led to our goal? If an opposing forward had done that there'd be uproar.

If we could actually convert our chances if would all be an irrelevant consolation.

Wanker.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I stand by what I said - if we were more effective, both with our possession and our chances in front of goal, it wouldn't have mattered what happened at the end there.

Yes - I was a 'pub chair' fan today and, when the decision was given, having the benefit of the camera angle and a big screen TV, we said "if that's a handball, isn't it a penalty?" As it turns out - no, no it wasn't. But we had a better view than both the ref and the lino and we thought it was. It was a tight, close call - some go for you, some go against - you hope over a season it evens out.

And I stand by my comment on our goal. When the freekick was given, I commented on how it was strange that a strong athletic chap like Murray went down with the slightest of contacts to his back - if that were a Bournemouth forward there'd have been howls of protest at how easily he went down.

But, most of all, I go back to the beginning of this post - do more with the ball and the chances we have and we win the game. And the Tranmere game too for that matter.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I stand by what I said - if we were more effective, both with our possession and our chances in front of goal, it wouldn't have mattered what happened at the end there.

Yes - I was a 'pub chair' fan today and, when the decision was given, having the benefit of the camera angle and a big screen TV, we said "if that's a handball, isn't it a penalty?" As it turns out - no, no it wasn't. But we had a better view than both the ref and the lino and we thought it was. It was a tight, close call - some go for you, some go against - you hope over a season it evens out.

And I stand by my comment on our goal. When the freekick was given, I commented on how it was strange that a strong athletic chap like Murray went down with the slightest of contacts to his back - if that were a Bournemouth forward there'd have been howls of protest at how easily he went down.

But, most of all, I go back to the beginning of this post - do more with the ball and the chances we have and we win the game. And the Tranmere game too for that matter.

Wanker.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
For once I sort of agree Bozza.

You will always get crap refereeing decisions and that was by no means the worst I have seen at Withdean.

Had we finished in a manner befiting a team with promotion hopes we would have been out of sight. And the same should be said for last week.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The referee made the RIGHT decision, it wasn't until the linesman spent 30 seconds pondering, and was then yelled at by the Bournemouth player that he thought 'oh, ok, it must have been, and flagged.' It was complete incompetence.

And the fact is OUR hard graft and defending stopped them from having any shots on goal, until the Linesman gifted them the penalty. We bloody well earned 3 points despite us not converting a couple of half-chances.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

I agree that we need to start scoring more goals otherwise we are just inviting pressure, and Poyet acknowledged as much in his post match interview, however, they should have been down to 10 men by mid way through the first half and actually Bournmouth only had one shot on target, a dubious penalty so I think you are being far too hard on the team. Still it would not be Brighton if we weren't blaming the team for something!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not at all, actually.

I'm as gutted as most that we didn't win, but think we only have ourselves to blame.

complete and utter bollox.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
WE ARE TOP O' THE LEAGUE!

[with a bigger points margin than last week :smile:]

The last two games are things we should learn from. Our defence is looking so good; as soon as the strikers spark . . . .

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

No, no, no, no....................

What you said (in the title thread, no less) was that we are 'moany wankers' .

Hope you enjoyed your view from the 'pub chair', but do allow us who were actually there to vent our feelings without being called 'moany wankers'.

Who are you supporting next week from your 'pub chair'.... Man Utd ...? If so, I will look forward to your passionless and pointless postings.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Albion fans, that is.

The ref/lino had to make a call on a fast moving piece of play. They didn't have the benefit of a still frame from a TV camera positioned above the South Stand. It was bloomin' close.

What were Tommy's hands doing up there anyway?

Does noone recall how Murray went down like a sack
of shit for the freekick that led to our goal? If an opposing forward had done that there'd be uproar.

If we could actually convert our chances if would all be an irrelevant consolation.

Idiot.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who are you supporting next week from your 'pub chair'.... Man Utd ...? If so, I will look forward to your passionless and pointless postings.

Not sure.

The last game I saw in a pub was England in the World Cup.

I'm spotting a trend here.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Not sure.

The last game I saw in a pub was England in the World Cup.

I'm spotting a trend here.

You've obviously got your 'stupid and childish' hat on today. E77 is one of your 'bestest mateys' isn't he....? It's all making sense now.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Correct me if im wrong but, our keeper has a broken nose, elphick was elbowed, and a piss poor penalty decision, if the linesman was so sure why didnt he flag instantly, he took 10 seconds to make his decision, so i think we have every right to feel a little pissed off right now, anyone who watched the game today on sky will admit we were robbed

I agree with that entirely.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
You've obviously got your 'stupid and childish' hat on today. E77 is one of your 'bestest mateys' isn't he....? It's all making sense now.

Becarefull. Bozza tends to ban people who get on his nerves.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
We only have ourselves to blame my f***ing arse.

I don't care if we missed a thousand open goals today, the fact remains it wasn't a penalty. And that was where their goal came from.

It was all our fault, my bollocks it was.

Yeah, completely agree, bozza on a bullshit mission as usual

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its not about the arms in the air, i thought silly bugger fair do's. but the ref then consulting the linesman... why? he's already seen the incident and delt with it with a card. he's facing towards the lino the whole time, so why does he give his dramatically delayed flagging any weight.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

CJD: If you make one more remark about me and Bozza being 'bestest mateys' I am going to live up to my reputation.

Having said that, I beg to differ with our board head honcho on this one. Yes, Elphick should have kept his hands down but it was an appalling decision and no where near the box.

Casper could have had a serious injury from his challenge as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here