Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaners

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What was all that about, laying into the team for keeping the ball in the closing stages rather than bombing forward? Are they THICK? Have they not noticed our recent run of crap goals conceded late on?

Keep ball, knacker the opposition, don't do anything stupid in front of a huge game on Saturday. Simple.

Wish some of the JCL's would f*ck off or at least engage their brain before opening their gob at a football match. Tools.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Completely agree 100%. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
2-0 up with a couple of minutes to go and we do the professional thing and keep possession to make sure we keep hold of what we've got.
Why on earth would you boo - absolutely clueless. I wish these so called 'fans' would shut up or f*** off.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
What was all that about, laying into the team for keeping the ball in the closing stages rather than bombing forward? Are they THICK? Have they not noticed our recent run of crap goals conceded late on?

Keep ball, knacker the opposition, don't do anything stupid in front of a huge game on Saturday. Simple.

Wish some of the JCL's would f*ck off or at least engage their brain before opening their gob at a football match. Tools.

Wow, along with the West Stand starting a song tonight - a miracle has happened as i totally agree with you for the first time.

We have a comfortable lead and a clean sheet, why could we risk it for no reason ?

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
i cudnt agree more totally professional running the clock down in closing stages wud not have wanted them to score in last 10 then have an edgy last couple of mins after bolton game for all bristols possession in second half they never really looked like scoring in my opinion

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, really annoying. 2-0 up, with a recent history of failing to hold our leads it was ridiculous how much people were moaning and demanding we abandon our possession play to get forward rather than close the game out. Even within the game there was a period where we kept losing possession and had to drop back scrappily defending, then we finally put our foot on the ball and tried to take back control and people seemed irate with it.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think there were times tonight when we put pressure on our defence by passing back rather than passing the ball forward.I fully understood the tactic at the end of the game but thought there were times when we could have been more positive when we had the ball in the bristol city half

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
For the most part I agree with keeping the lead, playing it safe and all that. But when you've already done the work to get the ball outside of their box, why not have a pop?

Having said that, I'm more than happy with the win. Professional job tonight with some excellent defensive work.

Because we've done that in the past and lost possession and conceded. As unlikely as it seemed, I would rather not take the risk.

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
I was surrounded by a bunch of moaners today, a few comments made me chuckle...
"Buckley looks out of form today" after 5 minutes of play.
"Why don't you take 10 more touches?" Said in a sarcastic manor after a great move in the second half resulting in a shot on goal.
"Even Barnes could have scored that"
"This way!!!" Said over and over again when we were keeping the ball in the last 5 minutes.
Idiots!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I was surrounded by a bunch of moaners today, a few comments made me chuckle...
"Buckley looks out of form today" after 5 minutes of play.
"Why don't you take 10 more touches?" Said in a sarcastic manor after a great move in the second half resulting in a shot on goal.
"Even Barnes could have scored that"
"This way!!!" Said over and over again when we were keeping the ball in the last 5 minutes.
Idiots!!

Idiots indeed, he'd have fired wide...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What was all that about, laying into the team for keeping the ball in the closing stages rather than bombing forward? Are they THICK?
Yes they are. It wasn't just the closing stages, but all through the match. There were a couple of times where Dunk dithered, and one where Greer sent the ball back when it was as easy to make a simple pass forward, but the East were making the players nervous and putting pressure on them to lump it, which on a couple of occasions they did, thus losing possession.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It speaks volumes when WW starts a thread moaning about moaning. People have literally no clue whatsoever. There's a bloke behind us who keeps up a constant commentary for the whole game, and it's absolute unspeakable bollocks, like he's watching a different game. "Get onside Smith!", directed at Hoskins, while Dunk and Greer are exchanging sideways passes in our third. "Go forward, run with it!" at well known speed merchant Marcos Painter, up against Albert Adomah. "Bridcutt's been very off today", as he brilliantly intercepts a through ball and strolls past two challenges to bring it out of defence. Moron. :facepalm:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
It speaks volumes when WW starts a thread moaning about moaning. People have literally no clue whatsoever. There's a bloke behind us who keeps up a constant commentary for the whole game, and it's absolute unspeakable bollocks, like he's watching a different game. "Get onside Smith!", directed at Hoskins, while Dunk and Greer are exchanging sideways passes in our third. "Go forward, run with it!" at well known speed merchant Marcos Painter, up against Albert Adomah. "Bridcutt's been very off today", as he brilliantly intercepts a through ball and strolls past two challenges to bring it out of defence. Moron. :facepalm:

Great rant, it did put a smile on my face. Reminds me of when we had Leon Knight and Seb Carole in the same team and people would always get them mixed up. Although if that happened these days you could text "Barber's Helpline" and get them thrown out for being racist.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Great rant, it did put a smile on my face. Reminds me of when we had Leon Knight and Seb Carole in the same team and people would always get them mixed up. Although if that happened these days you could text "Barber's Helpline" and get them thrown out for being racist.

I do it all the time with El-Abd and Bruno.. Is that baldist?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
The old guy next to me shouted for the ref to book Kuszczak for time wasting, when he had the ball at his feet. In play. When we were winning. FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS YEAR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here