Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaners

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
I think there were times tonight when we put pressure on our defence by passing back rather than passing the ball forward.I fully understood the tactic at the end of the game but thought there were times when we could have been more positive when we had the ball in the bristol city half

same, well said

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wow. Withdean Wanderer starts a thread entitled "moaners".

Now all I need to witness is a shaved purple llama juggling with two pickled badger foetuses and a Pritt-Stick, and I really WILL have seen it all.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
It speaks volumes when WW starts a thread moaning about moaning. People have literally no clue whatsoever. There's a bloke behind us who keeps up a constant commentary for the whole game, and it's absolute unspeakable bollocks, like he's watching a different game. "Get onside Smith!", directed at Hoskins, while Dunk and Greer are exchanging sideways passes in our third. "Go forward, run with it!" at well known speed merchant Marcos Painter, up against Albert Adomah. "Bridcutt's been very off today", as he brilliantly intercepts a through ball and strolls past two challenges to bring it out of defence. Moron. :facepalm:

Where do you sit? I only ask because I did tell Hoskins to get onside at one point.

Oh and I did make reference to Painters distinct lack of pace

Don't remember berating Bridcutt though so it might not be me

:thumbsup:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
What was all that about, laying into the team for keeping the ball in the closing stages rather than bombing forward? Are they THICK? Have they not noticed our recent run of crap goals conceded late on?

Keep ball, knacker the opposition, don't do anything stupid in front of a huge game on Saturday. Simple.

Wish some of the JCL's would f*ck off or at least engage their brain before opening their gob at a football match. Tools.

Completely agree. I applauded.

It speaks volumes when WW starts a thread moaning about moaning. People have literally no clue whatsoever. There's a bloke behind us who keeps up a constant commentary for the whole game, and it's absolute unspeakable bollocks, like he's watching a different game. "Get onside Smith!", directed at Hoskins, while Dunk and Greer are exchanging sideways passes in our third. "Go forward, run with it!" at well known speed merchant Marcos Painter, up against Albert Adomah. "Bridcutt's been very off today", as he brilliantly intercepts a through ball and strolls past two challenges to bring it out of defence. Moron. :facepalm:

I've got one of those. Pearls of wisdom yesterday included. "lets see if we can do something from a set piece for the first time since f*** knows when" just before Hammonds opener. (er, that'll be the last game and the game before that too) and a "you f***ing USELESS....." hurled towards Liam Bridcutt when he lost possession late on (yeah, f***ing useless that Bridcutt, f***ing. Useless.)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Couldn't believe it when a couple of people were actually booing when we were passing it around near the end.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Couldn't believe it when a couple of people were actually booing when we were passing it around near the end.
Believe it. There are at least 10,000 "fairweather" fans attending The Amex at the moment. These people have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what is really going on and all sorts of bollocks is completely possible.

Can you imagine what it would be like if we were to play badly and lose 2 or 3 home games in a row...?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think there were times tonight when we put pressure on our defence by passing back rather than passing the ball forward.I fully understood the tactic at the end of the game but thought there were times when we could have been more positive when we had the ball in the bristol city half

This 100 percent. Yes I agree that we should look to control the game in the last 10 minutes or so, but to start hitting our keeper withbackpassesd from inside the opposition half with 30 minutes to go?

If it makes me a moaner expecting us to capitalize on a poor side and to move it through midfield quicker, then so be it.

We have the ability, we should use it.

I don't think i have enjoyed a game less at amex than last night. It was chalk and cheese from Bolton game

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Here here... Our passing in the last 15 minutes of the game was better then the previous 75. No reason to boo that!

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Still not over keen on replacing a forward with a midfielder late on. At least this time we were two up, and Brizzle were a bit toothless. Might have been a different story against a good team. It would seem that this is how Gus wants to set up towards the end of games, but I hope it doesn't cost us (again)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The old guy next to me shouted for the ref to book Kuszczak for time wasting, when he had the ball at his feet. In play. When we were winning. FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS YEAR.

I would have booked him for booting it straight off the side of the pitch just after that.

Agree totally with the general tone of this thread. LOADS of people around me wanted us to PUMP it in there with ten minutes to go. They need their BRAINS pumped.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Still not over keen on replacing a forward with a midfielder late on. At least this time we were two up, and Brizzle were a bit toothless. Might have been a different story against a good team. It would seem that this is how Gus wants to set up towards the end of games, but I hope it doesn't cost us (again)

Its that subsitution that cost us the Bolton game and Gus made it again last night which is a tad worrying.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
There were two in WSL(S) who moaned the entire match, telling defenders to close attackers down (when they were doing the correct thing and not flying in) and telling Bridcutt to run through their defence. 90 minutes moan for a 2-0 win. Poor wives.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don't have any problem with us keeping the ball in the opposition half. That's exactly what we should be doing, especially at 2 up.

In the days before the back pass law was amended, goodness knows what the moaners would have made of Liverpool's great European sides. Roll it out, along the back 4, back to the keeper - over and over.

I was more worried a couple of times last night when we did hit it long even though nobody had stepped forward from the City formation to close us down. Immediately gave them possession when it should have been 'you want the ball, come and get it'. Not exciting but we get our fair share overall.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
arm chair supporters who dont understand the importance of a clean sheet and 3 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here