Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

moan moan moan...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's always been the same on here, since the mid 90s...

I saw a team with fantastic potential and promise at Tramere and one that's only one or two players away from being a force again.

Wilkins and the whole team have my total support, surely that is what a (ahem) supporter should do.

It would seem people expect perfection and carpet football week in week out from the Albion... It's never going to happen, and if thats what you want Man Utd are the team for you, we are a small club trying to survive and compete as best we can and that for me has always been the best bit about following the team... the bitter sweet, the crap players, the inept performances and the injustice that seems to cost us a point or two most weeks.

Booing the current players is absolutely disgraceful and serves only to cement our poor end to this season... I say to those who boo - well done - it's your fault the team can't play at home... you are to blame... Thanks.

Wilkins and the team have my full support and they always will and that doesn't mean coming on here hiding behind idiotic names and making offensive comments... I used to do it back in the late 90s then I grew up... got a life and realised I love this club no matter the pain it brings.

Albion forever.

Kosh est. 1997

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
completely agree. we think we have it bad, imagine being a torquay fan. the difference between now and 'fortress withdean' is the fans got behind the team when it was a fortress, and the team was better :dunce:

D

Deleted member 2719

Well said that man.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am ashamed of our supporters who booed our team El-abd should have chined one of them.

All the fickle Albion should F*ck of to Palace or sing positive songs win lose or draw.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Big Jim said:
I think there's now almost as many threads against people moaning, than links of people actually moaning.

So Moaning about Moaning.

:lolol:
are you moaning at moaners who moan at moaners?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Kosh said:
Booing the current players is absolutely disgraceful and serves only to cement our poor end to this season... I say to those who boo - well done - it's your fault the team can't play at home... you are to blame... Thanks.

Whilst I agree with you in most circumstances, I think that if people who have paid good money to watch a bad game of football want to boo then let them - regardless of what you think of the game. It's not as though they would boo the team if they'd won 3-0 is it?

What would you do if you bought a TV and it had no sound? You'd take it back and complain - unfortunately you can't do that with football.

On the flip side, those booing are often the first to get behind the team and cheer throughout the game when they are playing well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tch, yet another "holier-than-thou-how-dare-you-boo-the-team" thread eh ?

Look. If the team was being boo'd during or throughtout the game for the rubbish they were playing, then I'd be the first to agree it would be out of order and not helpful or condusive to the performance at all. But that is categorically NOT what happened yesterday, and its not happened all season either. OK, its not very vocal at Withdean - never has been. But nobody can tell me that the crowd has been getting on the teams back DURING the game, or dishing out prolongued abuse outside of the usual "ARRRRGH" of frustration at another shot sailing high over the running track. In fact, considering the dross we've been watching, the crowd on the whole has been remarkably tolerant this season.

What happened yesterday was a chorus of boo's at the final whistle that signalled yet another grim home defeat with not even a goal to celebrate. Same as you'd get at any other ground in the country after the run of results we've sat through at home. So please save the "how DARE you boo the team" claptrap for when (or IF) the team is ever subjected to abuse from the crowd during the game, cos a few disgruntled grumbles at the final whistle means f*** all in the great scheme of things (unless you're El Abd and feel like making a stupidly big deal of it).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Kosh said:
I say to those who boo - well done - it's your fault the team can't play at home... you are to blame... Thanks.

The biggest piece of bollocks I have ever seen written on this board.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Re: Re: moan moan moan...

pasty said:
The biggest piece of bollocks I have ever seen written on this board.

I personally think it has a ring of truth to it. It must be incredibly difficult playing in front of Brighton fans who boo you if either they like someone else who plays in your position or if you have a bad game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: moan moan moan...

chez said:
I personally think it has a ring of truth to it. It must be incredibly difficult playing in front of Brighton fans who boo you if either they like someone else who plays in your position or if you have a bad game.
The hounding of Henderson by a (small section) of fans was completely out of order, no argument there. But you're attempting to present that as an example of the "norm", when nothing could be further from the truth.

If you went regularly to home games, you would know that the team is not abused by the crowd at all. There is no negative chanting against the players whatsoever, and whilst there's the usual howls of frustration when something goes wrong, there is applause and even the odd "Seagulls" chant when we have a good spell.

I realise it now fits some peoples agendas to fit up the home crowd as a bunch of braying, swivel-eyed abusive hooligans who are out to undermine the team. However, the reality is that a few boo's at the end of another miserable home defeat has now been magnified tenfold by the complete overreaction of one of our players.

If you were there, you would know.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: moan moan moan...

Easy 10 said:
The hounding of Henderson by a (small section) of fans was completely out of order, no argument there. But you're attempting to present that as an example of the "norm", when nothing could be further from the truth.

If you went regularly to home games, you would know that the team is not abused by the crowd at all. There is no negative chanting against the players whatsoever, and whilst there's the usual howls of frustration when something goes wrong, there is applause and even the odd "Seagulls" chant when we have a good spell.

I realise it now fits some peoples agendas to fit up the home crowd as a bunch of braying, swivel-eyed abusive hooligans who are out to undermine the team. However, the reality is that a few boo's at the end of another miserable home defeat has now been magnified tenfold by the complete overreaction of one of our players.

:clap:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Don't just moan - do something about it.
Like those infamous AS Roma "Ultras", perhaps...:

ROME: AS Roma was threatened with a bomb scare and prank packages Sunday in the wake of its embarrassing 7-1 loss to Manchester United.

Roma coach Luciano Spalletti said an anonymous phone call set off a bomb scare and a package of 120 kilograms (265 pounds) of carrots and a few live ducks were discovered at the club's training facility a few hours before Roma beat Sampdoria 4-0 in the Serie A.

Roma has faced harsh criticism since its drubbing in the Champions League quarterfinals on Tuesday.

"All it takes is a phone call saying there's a bomb at Trigoria and the police arrive," Spalletti said. "Or two people could come, open the trunk of their car and drop off crates of carrots."

Still, Spalletti insisted that "our fans are not against us."

???

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Re: Re: Re: Re: moan moan moan...

Easy 10 said:

:clap2:
Brighton fans have never abused their players like the Geordies did regularly when I spent time there in the 80s. So I think we can do without preaching from a bloke who hasn't witnessed a run of 7 out of 9 home games without scoring.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the BHAFC fans have been unbelievably tolerant and patient all season considering the toilet of offer. Wilkins has also had a incredible amoutn of goodwill and patience shown to him that his previous incumbant did not have and if this team where north of Watford they would have be slaughtered in every game this year, if El Abd cannot handle that maybe he should consider becoming a Avon salesman and I think he should issue a full page apology in the next Albion prgramme

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
if this sort of thing happened 10 years ago, there would be boycotts planned, protest marches, anti manager and board chanting, everyone would run the directors box and hound the chairman, protests after the game, ahte mail sent to the board -
in reality nothing is that bad, so we havent really got much to complain about about the players, managers and staff - now all we need is the ruddy stadium

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Imagine you pay to see your favourite band at Wembley, and when they come on they play out of tune and look completely disinterested, how long would you sit there cheering enthusiastically? simple really.

I reckon that Wilko and the team have finished their season already and are just turning up on Saturdays for a glorified training session, and frankly if they cant be arsed to play for their own honour, then I can't be arsed paying to watch them have a kick about.

I was talking to Budgie and Andrew Hawes the other week and asked them how they managed to stay awake during home games this season and both agreed it had been a struggle recently... roll on next season, this one finished weeks ago for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here