Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

moan moan moan...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Toronto Seagull said:

Tosh more like.

I'm assuming that you haven't been to many home games from Toronto recently?

I finally did (one short) boo at the final whistle on Saturday after so many lame displays at Withdean recently. It was purely out of frustratiion. I didn't even boo after the 5-0 drubbing up the road a few years back.

The England fans were booing their team after 20 mins of the game recently. We don't!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
We have a few idiots who abuse individual players.
But most Brighton fans are incredibly tolerant. There was very little booing considering we have had 3 successive dire home games and have been scoreless in 7 of the last 9. I guarantee that northern and west midland fans would whinge much more.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Easy 10 said:
Tch, yet another "holier-than-thou-how-dare-you-boo-the-team" thread eh ?

Look. If the team was being boo'd during or throughtout the game for the rubbish they were playing, then I'd be the first to agree it would be out of order and not helpful or condusive to the performance at all. But that is categorically NOT what happened yesterday, and its not happened all season either. OK, its not very vocal at Withdean - never has been. But nobody can tell me that the crowd has been getting on the teams back DURING the game, or dishing out prolongued abuse outside of the usual "ARRRRGH" of frustration at another shot sailing high over the running track. In fact, considering the dross we've been watching, the crowd on the whole has been remarkably tolerant this season.

What happened yesterday was a chorus of boo's at the final whistle that signalled yet another grim home defeat with not even a goal to celebrate. Same as you'd get at any other ground in the country after the run of results we've sat through at home. So please save the "how DARE you boo the team" claptrap for when (or IF) the team is ever subjected to abuse from the crowd during the game, cos a few disgruntled grumbles at the final whistle means f*** all in the great scheme of things (unless you're El Abd and feel like making a stupidly big deal of it).

Spot on !!!:clap:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Kosh said:

Booing the current players is absolutely disgraceful and serves only to cement our poor end to this season... I say to those who boo - well done - it's your fault the team can't play at home... you are to blame... Thanks.

Yeah...so nothing to do with playing crap week in, week out at home then. It's just the fans that pay £25 to watch that crap, that are to blame. :yawn:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Typical as usual.

I certainly wasn't suggesting all the home support is to blame nor that no one should ever "dare"(did I even write that? hmmmm don't think so) boo the players... I just feel (in my opinion) that booing is not condusive to good/confident football, but is that's what you want to watch week in week out then boo them all you want.

Kosh

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Toronto... you rock man!

and further more if Deep Purple took the stage all pissed, out of tune and awful...

they'd still be better than an hour or two with me and my magic guitar.

some of you should bear that in mind.

oooohhhh cryptic.

Kosh

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think what has galled me more than anything else is that the board feel that the performances have been of sufficient standard to offer the manager a new contract.

At least last season we made a fist of home games to get results. This year, particular since the turn of the year, we've laid down and died in most of them, and that I can't accept.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Wilkins..out!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bevendean Hillbilly said:

roll on next season, this one finished weeks ago for us.

I wish it had, however because we have been playing like the season is finished we have now been sucked into the relegation mire again. 6 points isn't an un reachable target

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Look. If the team was being boo'd during or throughtout the game for the rubbish they were playing, then I'd be the first to agree it would be out of order and not helpful or condusive to the performance at all. But that is categorically NOT what happened yesterday, and its not happened all season either. OK, its not very vocal at Withdean - never has been. But nobody can tell me that the crowd has been getting on the teams back DURING the game, or dishing out prolongued abuse outside of the usual "ARRRRGH" of frustration at another shot sailing high over the running track. In fact, considering the dross we've been watching, the crowd on the whole has been remarkably tolerant this season.

What happened yesterday was a chorus of boo's at the final whistle that signalled yet another grim home defeat with not even a goal to celebrate. Same as you'd get at any other ground in the country after the run of results we've sat through at home. So please save the "how DARE you boo the team" claptrap for when (or IF) the team is ever subjected to abuse from the crowd during the game, cos a few disgruntled grumbles at the final whistle means f*** all in the great scheme of things (unless you're El Abd and feel like making a stupidly big deal of it).

Good grief.

Two solid paragraphs of complete and utter sense.

I salute you, Easy

:bowdown: :clap: :bowdown:

Kosh said:

Booing the current players is absolutely disgraceful and serves only to cement our poor end to this season... I say to those who boo - well done - it's your fault the team can't play at home... you are to blame... Thanks.

Kosh est. 1997

Bollocks

The reason the team can't play at home is nothing to do with the fans (who are only there between 3pm and 4.45) .

It has though got verything to do with useless management

Players should take a note out of Michael vaughan's book after his team were booed off the Kensington Oval

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Kosh said:
It's always been the same on here, since the mid 90s...

I saw a team with fantastic potential and promise at Tramere and one that's only one or two players away from being a force again.

Wilkins and the whole team have my total support, surely that is what a (ahem) supporter should do.

It would seem people expect perfection and carpet football week in week out from the Albion... It's never going to happen, and if thats what you want Man Utd are the team for you, we are a small club trying to survive and compete as best we can and that for me has always been the best bit about following the team... the bitter sweet, the crap players, the inept performances and the injustice that seems to cost us a point or two most weeks.

Wilkins and the team have my full support and they always will and that doesn't mean coming on here hiding behind idiotic names and making offensive comments... I used to do it back in the late 90s then I grew up... got a life and realised I love this club no matter the pain it brings.

Albion forever.

Kosh est. 1997

Spoilt it all by blaming the poor performances on the fans... utter, utter bollox... the team run by the manager are responsible for the sh1t performances this season... I didn't boo on Sat, but the team deserved what they got for the latest in their series of consistently dire performances at Withdean...

BTW - tht's the first time I heard booing at Withdean this season, so how does the booing explain the worse performances in the two previous home games... :dunce: :wave:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
Well said that man.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am ashamed of our supporters who booed our team El-abd should have chined one of them.

All the fickle Albion should F*ck of to Palace or sing positive songs win lose or draw.

E;-Abd should be punished by the club... instead the club issue a warning to the fans... they have no fcuking idea... and all this at ST renewal time, when they need money from those fans... all the PR nous of a brick :angry: :angry:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Tch, yet another "holier-than-thou-how-dare-you-boo-the-team" thread eh ?

Now that is a great post... :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here