Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitoma

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mitoma MOTM for me today, I love his intent and his zeal for taking his man on.

That said, there is room for improvement defensively but that will come.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Sorry ‘Shithouse‘ behaviour waving the card for the sending off.

Flip it round and Watkins does it next week and gets Adam Webster sent off 🤷‍♂️
That was my first reaction too, but he is new to Premier League football, you have to give him some slack for that… keeps on doing it then yes, I agree, it looks a bit shit.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This, Wolves players were diving all day second half and got awarded at least 3 free kicks they shouldn't have been imo. Ref seemed to want to compensate perhaps?
The old Bruno Lage Wolves habits die hard, it seems. Funnily enough they never seem to get fouled or injured when they're behind!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let the ref do his job then, maybe I’m old school 🤷‍♂️
I was watching it with @Papa Lazarou and I said exactly the same.

I've never liked seeing players waving the imaginary card, and that doesn't change just because it's one of our players.

But that doesn't detract from what a wonderful performance it was from Mitoma. He brings something different to our line-up - long may it continue!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Gone in January
You used to piss me off with your Potter man crush.
Now you are really getting up my bugle with your boring "I dont love Brighton any more cos Grahams gone" spouting.
Why dont you just piss off to the Chelsea board and stick up for your hero there.
You are treated here as a sad individual that is annoying, up there, you would get both barrels from the Chelsea Luddites.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Brilliant performance, maybe MOTM. Only minor criticism is he needs to learn about defending a bit better. Wolves first goal today and the Chelsea goal were down to him. You could argue that Pervy didn’t help out though

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You used to piss me off with your Potter man crush.
Now you are really getting up my bugle with your boring "I dont love Brighton any more cos Grahams gone" spouting.
Why dont you just piss off to the Chelsea board and stick up for your hero there.
You are treated here as a sad individual that is annoying, up there, you would get both barrels from the Chelsea Luddites.
It was a joke. You can have your bugle all to yourself.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
That was my first reaction too, but he is new to Premier League football, you have to give him some slack for that… keeps on doing it then yes, I agree, it looks a bit shit.
Only bothers me when a players does it after a blatant dive. I suppose he could follow Harry Kane's fine example and continually harangue the referee instead.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Brilliant performance, maybe MOTM. Only minor criticism is he needs to learn about defending a bit better. Wolves first goal today and the Chelsea goal were down to him. You could argue that Pervy didn’t help out though
Yes, goal stemmed from slackness by Pervis and Moises, but KM didn't look confident in that one on one. Would have been a pen if Guedes had gone down.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I was watching it with @Papa Lazarou and I said exactly the same.

I've never liked seeing players waving the imaginary card, and that doesn't change just because it's one of our players.

But that doesn't detract from what a wonderful performance it was from Mitoma. He brings something different to our line-up - long may it continue!
I know what you mean but he was right, wasn't he?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
When it's that stonewall I will forgive gesturing for a card.
Weirdly I have no problem with gesturing for the card. There was no cheating there. Kinda feel like the game has adapted since it was a sin to ask for a card. Almost felt like he was so moved about it and angry that it was a natural reflex...and no one could argue otherwise.

And I say this it were the other way round, with March or Estu on the other end of it and probs would allow it. Mitoma looks like such a clean and honest player.

It's like the old trope of keepers not being beaten at their near post. Different game, speeds and attitudes now. If a defender is gonna haul you down outside the box to make sure they don't give away a pen or a goal your entitled to ask for whatever you want IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here