Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitoma

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One thing that’s always baffled me since we made this signing. I was a bit meh about it and thought he may be one that we’d never see in an Albion shirt and here’s why. He was what 25 or so when we signed him I think - not going. He’d not played much or regularly for Japan. So I thought it looked an odd signing on paper. How wrong I was - hats off to the recruitment team and f*** off Chelski.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Love this guy

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
One thing that’s always baffled me since we made this signing. I was a bit meh about it and thought he may be one that we’d never see in an Albion shirt and here’s why. He was what 25 or so when we signed him I think - not going. He’d not played much or regularly for Japan. So I thought it looked an odd signing on paper. How wrong I was - hats off to the recruitment team and f*** off Chelski.
Japan has a really good university sports setup. Japanese Uni students don't graduate til 22. Loads of young players choose to play right through university before going pro. That's what Mitoma did.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Japan has a really good university sports setup. Japanese Uni students don't graduate til 22. Loads of young players choose to play right through university before going pro. That's what Mitoma did.
Ah ok - thanks for that. As I say, it was probably lazy snap judgement on my part - what a player he looks… I still feel Undav may come good as they both tore it up with USG.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

When was the last time Japan had a worldie though ? Asia hardly ever produces top players weirdly.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry ‘Shithouse‘ behaviour waving the card for the sending off.

Flip it round and Watkins does it next week and gets Adam Webster sent off 🤷‍♂️

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When was the last time Japan had a worldie though ? Asia hardly ever produces top players weirdly.
Best CB in the world is Asian!

Last dance for the Japanese old gang in the upcoming World Cup but they have some interesting talents right now.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
in all honesty waving a red card at a clear red card offence shouldn't upset a game where people just fall down untouched
This, Wolves players were diving all day second half and got awarded at least 3 free kicks they shouldn't have been imo. Ref seemed to want to compensate perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here