Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing out again!! Time to pay out 40 notes?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Lokki 7 said:
I find this type of attitude hillarious. You won't cough up £40 (which in itself is fair enough by the way) but you expect DK to put in hundreds of thousands of his own cash.

Because he wants the kudos of being Chairman, and thats what they do! He may also get a return on his INVESTMENT in the future, if Falmer goes ahead.

By contrast, i am a long-suffering fan of a team that plays crap football, who spends many hundreds of pounds a year for the "pleasure".

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We shouldnt need to cough up another £40 and to be honest I think a few fans are getting sick of constantly shelling out for the albion with the same result at the end of it.

I would be bloody annoyed if we were wasting (IMHO) good money on old crap like Carl Asaba. That sortof deal would remind me of bringingin David Lee, Danny Webb, David Cameron, lorenzo pinamonte, and kennedy and any number od rubbish we have had to suffer etc etc

We need to attract young players that we can then nurture, develop, create a reputation, and sell on for a healthy profit.

The sort of philosophy that attracted players like

Zamora
Harding
Virgo
Currie (stetching a point here I know, but still profit on the deal)
Cullip
Knight
CKR

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would have been happier seeing goalscoring midfielder paul shaw.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
So I'll take it as a no then........
But looking at this thread would I be right in thinking that the consensus is that Asaba is no better than what we already have?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Asaba would have been far better then McCammon although I didnt see him play at Shrewsbury and by all accounts he looked better.

I dont think signing Asaba instead of Turienzo etc would have done us any harm to be honest.

At least with him you know what you are getting and he speaks english for starters.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
I agree with the points made about accountability.

A lot of money has come into this club since the Play-Off Final from various sources, and many posters have produced "cod accounts" showing a surplus for players, so if we are back in the shit the club needs to tell us how much and why.

IMHO the only time to worry would be if the next couple of sets of annual accounts was published and did not reflect the sizeable chunks of money generated by the play-off final, tottenham tie, Live & Kicking Fund, assorted sales of players and all of the coca-cola money. There's some sizeable sums in there, which taken together should have resulted in a significant easing of the club's financial position. It would be reasonable to expect the figures to reflect that.

An update on the Live & Kicking Fund position in the programme would be welcomed BTW

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Pavilionaire said:
I agree with the points made about accountability.

A lot of money has come into this club since the Play-Off Final from various sources, and many posters have produced "cod accounts" showing a surplus for players, so if we are back in the shit the club needs to tell us how much and why.

I disagree entirely - I do appear to be in the minority though - why is it any of your business? (in a nice way) Its not your company??

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
But surely without the fans financial input, through ticket sales and merchandise, the club would cease to exist.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
gazwag said:

Why are we upset that we have missed out on another striker anyway, we don't "need" anymore.

We just need a striker that can score!
:goal:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Carl Asaba signing for Millwall is another kick in the nuts for Albion reserves fans everywhere.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Harty said:
But surely without the fans financial input, through ticket sales and merchandise, the club would cease to exist.

And the constant passing around of the begging bowl! :nono:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Harty said:

of course I agree with that statement - but when you stump up for your season ticket the consideration from the contract you've entered into is the right to see a game of football - not to have a say in the running of the club?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Harty said:
So I'll take it as a no then........
But looking at this thread would I be right in thinking that the consensus is that Asaba is no better than what we already have?

Looks like it ...... and Carla Asaba is pants.
To be honest I can't believe that you thought he would be such a great signing in the first place. Radio waves must have started frying your brain :ohmy:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
tedebear said:
when you stump up for your season ticket the consideration from the contract you've entered into is the right to see a game of football - not to have a say in the running of the club?

And when your hundred year old ground gets sold from under you and turned into a Toys-R-Us?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The Great Cornholio said:
I can't justify another £40 but will be doing another DVD in a few weeks which should raise a few hundred pound. Every little helps.

Tell ya what. If I get you my short Falmer doc u could include that on it. To short (5 mins) for its own feature but would make a nice extra.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tom Hark said:
And when your hundred year old ground gets sold from under you and turned into a Toys-R-Us?

Now thats a different deal mate - and well you know it....

I'm talking about the week in week out non constructive moaners about buying this player and that player and who's saved 50p by not having chips in the south stand and why didn't we buy such and such etc....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here