Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing out again!! Time to pay out 40 notes?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's about time the club gave a statement on the tax situation.

Surely if the Revenue were insisting on the cash the club could have got good Falmer publicity by reminding Prescott that by sitting on his fat arse it would be costing this club hundreds of thousands of pounds?

Pavilionaire said:

Surely if the Revenue were insisting on the cash the club could have got good Falmer publicity by reminding Prescott that by sitting on his fat arse it would be costing this club hundreds of thousands of pounds?

What would be served by the club making a statement on bills we have to pay?

Are we going to put out a press release next time we have to pay the Withdean electricity bill?

This is a total non-issue.

It is a total non-revelation that we have to pay tax.

It is a total non-revelation that we have to use transfer windfalls to pay running costs of the club.

This is a NOTHING story from beginning to end.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Pavilionaire said:

I think there are two things getting muddled here.
Ernest's 'revelation' was about PAYE tax on staff wages and then theres the Capital Gains Tax which has been waiting to be re-invested in Falmer but the Inland Revenue are getting twitchy about because it has been 8 years.

I agree with LI above though that it is just another bill for the club to pay.
We know we live hand to mouthand the windfalls have just made it easier for some of the bills to be cleared.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How is it a nothing issue when we've got to sell our best players to pay the tax you twat!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
London Irish said:
What would be served by the club making a statement on bills we have to pay?

We would know where the money goes which we give them in donations, raffle tickets etc.

I would give them more donations if they let me know where it goes

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Of course we appreciate that the club has bills to pay but given the recent financial history of the club what is to be lost by a bit of clarity? In the circumstances not making a statement will, to some people, sound like there is something to hide - even if there isn't.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You can count me in for £40, Harty. Well worth it if it can somehow help us stay up this season.

If you go ahead with the idea just let me know where to send it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here